• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Nashville vapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyebedam

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Mt. Juliet TN
If your talking about the zombie green they had yesterday it was the full size & not the mini.. I have all minis. I love the size. As far as the extended warranty I've never purchased & haven't had any issues.

A lot of people like the tatroe.... It keeps the Provari from tipping over when you have it standing straight up, however to me it's ugly & just something I don't need

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
So a tatroe is a base cap for the provari. Ok, I did not know what it was. I could have sworn that the guy at Nash Vapor booth told me that little green Zombie was a mini. See, I can't tell because he would not put a battery in it so I could see it function. And my newbnsess is showing since I now do not know what I was holding, except that it was a provari.

danca90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Zagreb, Croatia
I remember speaking with you in the New Members forum closer to when you first joined ECF. I know you are into music and can not remember if you are a muscian, or in the industry, if I remember correctly. I do think I remember you are not into country music. What are the vape shops up near you that you enjoy going to. I have not been to any of the ones in Nashville. I am down in Spring Hill and don't venture up that way too often. I would make a day of it to visit them. I believe the gentleman that owned Puresmoker has opened a B&M on 4th Avenue S back in August. Have you been there yet?

Funny enough, i'm a country drummer by profession. Vulcan vape is really nice, but the best service I have gotten is from Saffire Vapor in Cool Springs. I'm about to work part time in spring hill, any place to buy juice?

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
No where at all. Get your stuff at Saffire Vapor. It is the only place south of Nashville out this way. There is no buying of anything vape related unless you are looking for a gas station cigalike like the Blu. Tried to talk a local tobacco vendor into stocking and selling some ego type stuff and juice. All the ones I spoke with are not interested. They just want whatever their tobacco vendors will supply. No interest. I would love to start up a shop here. The population in Spring Hill would support it, but it is something like 65% under the age of 18. A real bedroom community.

Where you gonna be working Danca? If it is retail, I will stop in and say hi. Or will you be playing here somewhere? I would go catch that too. Unless it is something like punk rock or rap. I am too old for that stuff.

Reactions: Victoria17

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
I definitely will stop in and say hi then. It is a small shop here in Spring Hill. There is one stand alone shop and I believe one inside the Target which is down the street from me. PM me your name if you like so I know who you are when I see you. Or I could just come in brandishing my spinner and you will recognize an old lady with a PV. But I would probably get thrown out then.

eyebedam

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Mt. Juliet TN
Funny enough, i'm a country drummer by profession. Vulcan vape is really nice, but the best service I have gotten is from Saffire Vapor in Cool Springs. I'm about to work part time in spring hill, any place to buy juice?

I went in Vulcan last Monday... A week ago today, I vowed never to step foot in that place again.. I had a pocket full of money, only 1 other customer in the store other than myself & 3 employees. Never got as much as a hello, kiss my .... or anything..after about 10 minutes turned around & walked out.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
I went in Vulcan last Monday... A week ago today, I vowed never to step foot in that place again.. I had a pocket full of money, only 1 other customer in the store other than myself & 3 employees. Never got as much as a hello, kiss my .... or anything..after about 10 minutes turned around & walked out.

Well, then you are a lot nicer than I am. I would have waited at most 5 minutes then I would have walked up to one of them and asked them if they worked here and if they could be bothered to assist me. Ask to speak to the manager. Then walk out. I do not get today's retail environment. It is almost as if they are doing YOU a favor. I do not run into it a lot, but when I do it burns me up.

Teach08

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Nashville, TN
These guys have opened a B&M just down the road from us in Hermitage, in case you guys are ever out this way. It's located right along the border between Davidson and Wilson counties. I haven't been down there personally, but the hubs has...he was impressed with their service and friendliness. Pricing isn't as good as online, but it's not crazy, either--convenient when you need it NOW. Pretty good juice pricing too...LOVE their Green Tea flavor. As soon as we get back from Disney, I'll be visiting to try some other juice.

It's strange to see the posts about Nashville Vapor, too...we had a great sales rep who really helped us, back almost three months ago when we were complete newbies. I doubt the hubs would ever have bought anything if our experience had been aligned with what I'm reading here.

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
I am right with you here! I have started making a list of places that have the attitude that "we are doing you a favor by allowing you to be our customer" and I won't shop in those places! I found the people at Sapphire Vapor to be very helpful. Vulcan Vape not so much. Now that I have become a little more 'educated' shopping on line has saved me a bit of money. I hope to make the next vape meet and meet some of the Nashville Area Vapors!

Well, then you are a lot nicer than I am. I would have waited at most 5 minutes then I would have walked up to one of them and asked them if they worked here and if they could be bothered to assist me. Ask to speak to the manager. Then walk out. I do not get today's retail environment. It is almost as if they are doing YOU a favor. I do not run into it a lot, but when I do it burns me up.

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
I might be able to help you with a few of your questions about Provari. When I ordered my Provari--I did order the extension cap and the longer battery, however I would not order those again. I love the size of the mini just as is for me and the battery life is really good on the smaller battery, last me about 14 hours. I did order extra batteries and a carrying case for the batteries from RDT, so that if I am out and about when one dies, I have a safe place to carry extras with me.
I have one with the blue LED and one with the red LED. I honestly like the red better. I got the red on the white one and it just seems to go well, and I can actually see it better in all lights than the blue. I do not have green so can't help there.
I did really well with the vision spinners and still use those occasionally--but will tell you the Provari rocks for me with a Protank 2. I haven't tried cartos with it because they seem complicated.

The blemish section on Provape's site is a good place to check every day or so. I do like the fact that when you purchase from them they give you points that are available to use 30 days later. Those are nice as they bring down the price of juice or accessories etc. a bit. I have found Provape's juice to be very good. A little pricy but the points help there.
I have not had any regrets with the Provaris--I do think they have helped me completely eliminate cigs!

Like I thought. They don't need to and they know it. They ran a 5% off sale over the summer and I was not able to take advantage of it. Drat. Do you have the minis or regular size provaris. I held the Zombie mini but Nashville Vapor did not have a regular one with them. Is there that big of a difference, outside of obvious vape time advantage of the larger battery.

And if I go to the Provape site, should I get the extension cap and the extra year warranty? I know it is personal preference, but really, charging for a different color led display? And I have read about something that is called Tatroe. What is that? Sorry for all the newb questions, but it is so nice to speak with someone that actually has one and is not in the buy 3 of everything camp. I am not made of money and not in the fanboi camp.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
I know. But until well after Christmas the budget won't allow me even to look to hard. I figure that when it is meant to happen, it will happen. I am quite content for now with my spinners and my intermediate purchase of an MVP2. I have time. But thank you for that tip on the Provari site. That type of info is something you can't just go google. It is appreciated.

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
It's really interesting reading the different experiences folks have had at the B&Ms. Allow me to share, also.

Nashville Vapor - first time I went in there, they were awesome. I'd just picked up my first eGo the night before, and guy who waited on me (Mike) was very cool. Ended up with some juice, cartos, and a tank. I usually try and talk with him when I go in, as my experiences with some of the other guys have been less impressive. Plan eventually picking up a Provari from them. Love their Cafe con Leche juice, but boy does it gunk up coils quickly. They generally have the entire Alice in Vapeland line in stock and the ability to sample it is a definite plus! Try the Sweet Tease - but give it a week or two to steep once you get it home.

Wouldn't recommend them for Kanthal, they wrap it around a business card, leading to it kinking. Only place in town with the really high end mods. Loyalty program is kind of cool. Every 10ml bottle of house brand juice you buy gets you a stamp on the card - free 10ml bottle after 10. Downside - only 2 stamps for 30ml bottles.

VolVapor - Incredibly good experience every time I've gone in. The owner is extremely knowledgeable, and very willing to educate and mentor. They have my current favorite juice - Godfather. If you have any questions about batteries, battery usage or battery safety, Steve is the go-to guy! Great atmosphere, and a great place to just drop by and sample some juice.

They have the same guy making their juice as Puresmoker did, so if you liked their stuff, you'll like Volvapor's. They stock replacement parts for a lot of tanks, as well as fuses for mech mods. Good prices on Innokin stuff. Good selection of mid-range mods. Nitecore i4 chargers in stock.

Vulcan Vapes - As long as Nick is there, you're good to go. They have Five Pawns for the same price as on line. Nick taught me how to setup carto tanks,and I haven't ever had an issue with them since. If you like the sweet stuff, try Neptune, incredibly good, clean, sweet pineapple-y berry kinda taste.

Their hardware selection seems a bit limited, but for a while they were selling out just about as soon as they restocked. Good place to pick up inexpensive throwaway clearos & cartos. Good selection of juices, and they seem to be constantly adding flavors.

These are just my impressions. Your mileage may vary.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
LDS714 - Thank you SO very much for that detailed and insightful post on your experience at the above B&Ms in Nashville. It really does help to have feedback on people's experiences. It is also good to know that there are opportunities locally to check out some of the higher end mods and purchase locally, rather than having to buy something blind off the internet. Knowledgeable staff that take the time to work with a newbie is worth the markup, in my opinion.

It is good to know that Nashville Vapor has the Alice in Vapeland brand of juices. From what I read on ECF, AiV has very quirky ordering hours on their website. The ability to be able to taste the liquids before you make a purchase is golden. I am going to have to take a ride up to Nashville Vapor just to sample a few I was thinking of trying.

eyebedam

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Mt. Juliet TN
Hiya, Smyrna! How long have you been on the vape?

And...does anyone know if the next Wilhagen's meet is on the 3rd? That would be great...we get an extra hour that day. :)

It's this Sunday... There is a Facebook group named middle Tn vapers... All info for local activities are there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread