National Call to Action scheduled for Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
CASAA has issued a National CTA: http://blog.casaa.org/2015/10/national-call-to-action-tell-white.html

Today the Campaign for tobacco-Free Kids organized a call-in to urge the President to put pressure on the FDA.

Time for us to do the same. Tomorrow CASAA would like us to make our own calls to the White House and urge the President to demand that the FDA re-work its tobacco Deeming Regulations.

Please see the link for more information and talking points .

GlacierBabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Alaskan in Louisiana
CASAA has issued a National CTA: http://blog.casaa.org/2015/10/national-call-to-action-tell-white.html

Today the Campaign for tobacco-Free Kids organized a call-in to urge the President to put pressure on the FDA.

Time for us to do the same. Tomorrow CASAA would like us to make our own calls to the White House and urge the President to demand that the FDA re-work its Tobacco Deeming Regulations.

Please see the link for more information and talking points .

This is so important, I hope everyone will take this seriously and take action immediately!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
@Robino1 @JustJulie @Vocalek @kristin

Speaking of calls to action, I know you guys must be very busy right now, but since the last one was so successful, shouldn't CASAA issue a new one?

[snip]
The lastest CASAA CTA appears to have gained serious traction. A number of reasons for this are plausible (not least a number of vape stores finally waking up and realising that this is real). And the net result is that between Weds and Friday last week around 200k emails were sent by vapers via CASAA's CQ Rolecall platform - they've never seen anything like this and are, frankly, astonished. Also, the phones at the White House were ringing off the hook - it was almost impossible to get through.

So, are things changing? I hope so.[snip]

There is another bill very similar to the HR 2058:

Keller Heckman | The Grandfather Date – What are FDA's Alternatives?

"While it may be unlikely that this bill [HR 2058] ever becomes law given how difficult it is to get anything controversial through Congress, even more recently, Congressman Robert Aderholt introduced a rider to the 2016 Agricultural Spending Bill in the House Appropriations Committee that, similar to the Cole bill, would prohibit FDA from enforcing the February 15, 2007 Grandfather Date for newly deemed tobacco products and move the grandfather date to the effective date of Final Rule for Deeming Regulation. That bill was approved by the Committee on July 8, 2015, but is still unlikely to become law because of opposition in the Senate and the Obama Administration. A good discussion of this issue can be found in the Committee Report starting on page 71: http://appropriations.house.gov/uploadedfiles/hrpt-114-hr-fy2016-agriculture.pdf."

Wouldn't it be worthwhile to issue a new CTA in support of the 2016 Agricultural Spending Bill?

Also, I listened very carefully to Dimitri's interview with Bill Godshall and Azim Chowdhury the other night. Shouldn't we be writing to OMB/OIRA also? They are not FDA and they are supposed to be on the side of small businesses. Wouldn't it be helpful if they could hear from us, vapers-customers, about what would happen to us and about the risks of creating a huge black market for e-cigarettes when/if the vaping industry is destroyed by the FDA draconian deeming regs?

VP Live - Vaping Podcasts

Thanks!

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I can't really issue CTA's without CASAA input. Hopefully Julie or someone on the CASAA board will see your tag.

Personally...I think anything that can be done, should be done. :)

That's my thinking, also. Time is running out...

I'm thinking that if the good people at OMB/OIRA were to receive 200,000 emails (or phone calls) urging them to send the regs back to the FDA, in addition to the formal face-to-face pleas and arguments from the industry representatives, it might help.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
FYI

"According to the OIRA web site:

"Outside parties may provide written comments to the OIRA Administrator on a rule that is under review. If a rule is at OIRA for review, interested parties can provide comments by email at OIRA_submission@omb.eop.gov. In the email please specify the name of the rule and the regulatory identification number (RIN) as specified in the docket for the rule on www.reginfo.gov.
Outside parties may also request a meeting with the Administrator, or his/her designee. If you would like to request a meeting to provide views on a rule being reviewed at OIRA, email: Mabel_E._Echols@omb.eop.gov or call 202-395-6880 to schedule."

The regulatory identification number (RIN) for the deeming regulations is 0910-AG38."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread