National Institute on Drug Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
This is wrong, nothing but propaganda being released by our government in order to sway public opinion....

Electronic Cigarettes (e-Cigarettes)
Well, on the bright side, the USA Government doesn't rule the entire world, nor control all information.

Wish I could come up with something more encouraging for you.

Belushi

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2009
The Colony, TX
Note the color of the mods in the picture (red, green, yellow, blue), the color of pills, don't think that is a coincidence.

And, where did they get this info, first I heard of this.....

"recent research suggests nicotine exposure may also prime the brain to become addicted to other substances."

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
And I thought that nicotine was deemed by the supremes to not be a drug?
The supreme court decided the FDA did not have the authority to regulate tobacco so a law was passed to give them that authority. The fantasy ending to the nightmare would be for the court to decide that nicotine alone is not tobacco.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA

"recent research suggests nicotine exposure may also prime the brain to become addicted to other substances."
Claims like that have been around for a while. Some media articles twist them into headlines like, "Nicotine Causes Brain Damage In Adolescents". Here's an example:

Report: E-cigarettes Can Cause Permanent Brain Damage for Teens

http://www.voanews.com/content/report-e-cigarettes-can-cause-permanent-brain-damage-for-teens/2744206.html
But Winickoff said his studies and experiences have led him to a different conclusion. "It also sets up the adolescent brain for more durable and stronger addiction pathways," he said, "not just for nicotine, but for other substances such as ......., marijuana and other drugs."

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
The site is nothing more than an additional FDA/CDC propaganda machine.

No, the Voice of America is the mouthpiece of the State Department. It has been infested for a long, long time, too. And VOA is supposedly prohibited from propagandizing the U.S. public, so this is globalist hate propaganda against us. Winickoff, who pushes that BS, works with the American Academy of Pediatrics.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
No, the Voice of America is the mouthpiece of the State Department. It has been infested for a long, long time, too. And VOA is supposedly prohibited from propagandizing the U.S. public, so this is globalist hate propaganda against us. Winickoff, who pushes that BS, works with the American Academy of Pediatrics.
He was referring to the National Institute on Drug Abuse website. But you're right about VOA.

Reactions: Yiana

AmbbieLee

May 9, 2016
Note the color of the mods in the picture (red, green, yellow, blue), the color of pills, don't think that is a coincidence.

I've actually heard of this before... that nicotine can predispose people to addictions to things like .......... I want to share a link but they won't let me, but much like the other claims it's skewed studies at best... just like they can say there is formaldehyde because of one bunk study, they can claim nicotine primes the brain for addiction for the same reason.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
I've actually heard of this before... that nicotine can predispose people to addictions to things like .......... I want to share a link but they won't let me, but much like the other claims it's skewed studies at best... just like they can say there is formaldehyde because of one bunk study, they can claim nicotine primes the brain for addiction for the same reason.
It's hard to say what nicotine primes the brain for. The correct question should be what does cigarette smoke do to the adolescent brain. That's if they can eliminate all the alcohol in it. When mixed with
mom and dads medicine cabinet stuff it really gunk's up the works.
The myth of nicotine addiction - Formindep

Regards
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread