Not open for further replies.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
20150704_174319-001.jpg

Lazy 4th here. A muggy 93 deg. Small accomplishment for me though. I was able to finally do two dual coil builds on the Marquises. One at .48, one at .39. Digging on MVJ Dunhill Nightcap and NET's Big Spirit. Y'all have a good holiday and safe, loud, and sparkly 4th!

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
My BIg Spirit from net.com is starting to mature after about 3 and a half weeks, so Ive been enjoying that in my rotation in a simple evod on an ego twist.

I have a questions for you gents...would love to hear your thoughts:

1. How many of you vape one thing, all day? Ie, the other poster (I forgot who) who said hes been vaping Patriot for 3 straight days -- are you vaping just Patriot, alone, for 3 straight days? I've noticed that after a couple days, my nose gets pretty used to a flavor after about 5 hits when the day begins. ie; the first day or two, the flavor is great all day, but after that I get "numb" to it quickly. I have to vape other flavors, then return to it after, say, at least 10 minutes. Then the same thing, and so on.

2. When I get paid at the end of the month Im venturing into the world of dripping. Can you guys give me a dripping atty that you like, and if youd be so kind, a good place to order it online? If that particular atty is great with nets, all the better.

Oh....and I gotta give some props over to patioclark -- his DIY perdomo lot 23 that he graciously shared with me has been a big hit with myself and the family members who have vaped it. Ive even gotten compliments on just the smell of the vapor.

I am always rotating my juices. I will vape at least 5 different juices in the course of a day. But there will always be one stand out juice that will be my go to.

I recommend the derringer or freakshow mini as good flavor drippers. The magma is still in the top bunch of flavor drippers in my opinion and you can't go wrong with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KimchiMonger

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2013
Dallas, TX
The little Derringer clone I posted a pic of a few posts ago wouldn't be a bad starter, IMO. Mine was a little over $15 with shipping included from Eciggity. It can do both flavor and clouds. A Tugboat clone I have has been a good one too and a little easier to build on than the Derringer, also less likely to spit out the air intakes. Either would work. I'd suggest getting something that's good with single coil builds so you're only rewicking one coil with these gunky NETs.

Derringer RDA Clone by Tobeco - Eciggity
$8.52 Tugboat V2 Styled Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I keep several flavors in rotation with two Darkhorse RDA Clones. My first year I did it all from clearomizers, EVOD, glass protank (accidentally broke 2 of those things) then a friend turned me on to rebuildable Darkhorse RDA with 26 gauge and whoa!

Reactions: Metal Storm

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
A buddy brought me some [HASHTAG]#STRIKE[/HASHTAG] from Nicoticket. It's an extremely clean burning NET. I think the tobacco is Cavendish (not mentioned in the description) with some fruit added as well. It's almost like Perique with that slight fruitiness but not quite. Think of it as an amazing aromatic pipe tobacco. I'm running it through my Subtank Mini with no residue left on the coil.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Please stop

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia

What a gal! Such a great job Clnire, persevering through all the controversies for the sake of our communal enthusiasm with NETS. You are a true champ! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Since the voting thread was closed, I thought I'd pop over here and say hi and thanks for the responses, etc.
I just pulled out some juices from Ether Vapes I got back in January (Confederate, Vanilla Skye spiced, Nomad, Bright Burley). I didn't care for them at all fresh, and not even after a month, but now they are getting there... still have a hard time telling them apart- they all seem similar to me, but I am especially loving the Nomad. It's got a sort-of perfumy-ness to it that I really like.
Also, ordered 2 bottles of St. James Parish from Vaping Watch to try.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Knock it off. The vendor bashing will cease.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
(snip)
I just pulled out some juices from Ether Vapes I got back in January (Confederate, Vanilla Skye spiced, Nomad, Bright Burley). I didn't care for them at all fresh, and not even after a month, but now they are getting there... still have a hard time telling them apart- they all seem similar to me, but I am especially loving the Nomad. It's got a sort-of perfumy-ness to it that I really like.
Also, ordered 2 bottles of St. James Parish from Vaping Watch to try.

Funny, Nomad was one that didn't appeal to me. I like Confederate, Bright Burley (revamped from his original Burley...it comes off as more refined), and Classic Virginia. I also liked Eclipse but, it seems to have disappeared.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Short Review: Vanilla Skye - Ethervapes

A couple of months ago I put in my first order with Ethervapes. Some of their E-Liquids are top notch and have peppered my top 3 in the recent 3rd Netty awards. Today I want to talk about Vanilla Skye. On the Ethervapes site Vanilla Skye is described as follows:

Vanilla Skye is the ultimate dessert/tobacco hybrid and one of our most outstanding liquids. The vanillas and smooth tobaccos are combined just right making for the best vanilla tobacco available.

Tobaccos used: Virginias/Burley/Black Cavendish
Casing(Flavor): Rich creamy Vanillas

I must say, I am pleasant surprised by this juice. It is one of, perhaps the best, vanilla tobacco I have ever vaped. The vanilla is rich, not overly sweet but ever present in this vape. The tobacco is not pushed into the background but stands up with perfect harmony alongside the vanilla. Many vanilla tobaccos from other vendors can tend to be subtle, in the background, acting as a supportive base to bring some added bounce and life to the tobacco but in Vanilla Skye, the vanilla is up front. It's sweet and yet not entirely a dessert vape. All the while, the tobacco doesn't just play a background note, it is a celebration for tobacco lovers. The Virginia and Cavendish are not forgotten and shine through.

I opted for the spiced vanilla (I don't know if that option is still available) which brings a complexity to the liquid while maintaining a smooth consistent dose of vanilla.

It is just a shame I sampled this liquid after I posted my votes to the Netty awards because it would have been one of my top 3 in the flavoured tobacco category.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Cherry?

I seem to remember reading months back about popular pipe blends with Cherry but haven't been able to narrow down the search. MVJ's got several. Recommendations?

Thanks!
The only one I've tried, and my favorite as an occasional "I want a flavored pipe tobacco vape", is Black Cherry from naturally-extracted-tobacco.com :
Black Cherry

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I've got to have at least two flavors to switch up. If I stick with the same thing, I won't be able to taste it before too long. I need to be able to load up one tank and be on foot outside for work so I take unflavored 50/50 in a Nautilus on a 30 watt iStick every day. Try some unflavored if you'd like to have something cheap to vape on. Keeps the flavored stuff from getting old so fast. I like the way it tastes. Probably the only thing I could vape for an entire shift at work.

The little Derringer clone I posted a pic of a few posts ago wouldn't be a bad starter, IMO. Mine was a little over $15 with shipping included from Eciggity. It can do both flavor and clouds. A Tugboat clone I have has been a good one too and a little easier to build on than the Derringer, also less likely to spit out the air intakes. Either would work. I'd suggest getting something that's good with single coil builds so you're only rewicking one coil with these gunky NETs. That's what I've got in my Derringer right now, 24ga .7 Ohm single coil and the Patriot is tasting amazing in it. Get ready to cut down on your nic level because a dripper will put it to you whether you want it or not! :confused:

Derringer RDA Clone by Tobeco - Eciggity

$8.52 Tugboat V2 Styled Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
I have to rotate at least two flavors during the day myself. I like your idea about trying unflavored - where's a good place to get quality unflavored? And about gunky coils with NET's, its a fact of life I live with by replacing my nautilus mini coils every 2 or 3 days. I really don't want to get into any more hobbies, I just like to vape and go :)

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Vaping Watch appears to still have the RBFS sale of $10 for 30ml: River Bottom Fog Sauce
And I took advantage of it, and glad I did. I really liked the Pirates Drunken Sweet Tooth (what a name lol), and the Count Caramel was good too. Porch Rocker the verdict is still out on, it has Latakia in the mix, which I hate and like at the same time, go figure haha.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Placed an order with NET naturally-extracted-tobacco.com last weekend and today received a precious little surprise package. About four days from late night online order to delivery. Clay P. responded to my email question after I received my email purchase confirmation. Very satisfied with his immediate response time and help. Ordered samplers 30PG/70VG Black Cavendish, Ruins, Fist Full of Burley, Balkan, 7th Cut, Bombay, and got a couple of freebies to include Minister and 3 Crown. Very generous! All flavors heat extracted. Apparently he reads minds because I wanted that 3 Crown sampler but had to keep initial selection to 6 flavors. Upon opening priority mail box, it peeked out from the little brown bag. Been enjoying the unbelievable Balkan for last hour in total disbelief. I can taste the damn bold Macedonia and Virginia leaves!

I've been analog free for two years this July while mixing my own flavors at home. I purchase my own 50/50 24 mg nic juice and additional VG to control VG and nic levels. I keep steady supply of 7 Leaves, Gold Ducat, Max Blend, Camel, M-Type, Desert Ship, and Chocolate Tobacco by Flavor Arts. Was real big on the Polish Inawera flavors as well. Recently decided to finally look into the NET flavors and was impressed with tobacco varieties being produced. Really amazed with the Black Cavendish and Balkan followed by Minister, Fist Full Of Burley, and 3 Crown. Spent a couple of quiet hours rebuilding my Darkhorse RDA on Apollo mechanical MOD for each and every flavor. Each flavor uniquely delivers a different tobacco leaf nuance that makes it so hard to believe I'm not burning a cigar or pipe. Incredible. Pure tobacco heavenly happiness! Delicious Delight! Sold on the brand, will be placing an order for several extracts, for mixing my own at 25%, selected from this sampler batch. I'm excited about this magic in a bottle as it's the best I've ever had. Had to attach photo of my new tobacco gold below.
I get great service from Clay and Co. as well, I guess I'm a regular customer now, haha. Its interesting though how our tastes for NETs can differ, I tend to shy away from most you mentioned, and go with the single varietals like Pure Virginia, Red Virginia, and the Turkish, the Oriental Iz whatever (I forget haha), and pipes... like Black Cherry. :)

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Ive really expanded my tastes and have come full circle on several nets, especially GeJ's organic #1, several nets sent to me by patio which are based on darker cigar blends, which are awesome now. I still just can't get past Patriot...got a 30 ml bottle but I just am not feeling it. There seems to be a perfumey flavor, and a leather flavor in there that I'm just not a fan of. Maybe my tastes will change like they have recently.

After 3 weeks since bottling, my net.com Big Spirit was not ready, so ill let it sit a couple more weeks.

I might pickup that magma you guys seem to enjoy!
I too couldn't get into Patriot, I do like some of GeJ's other tobaccos. I have an old bottle of Big Spirit that I didn't care much for either when new, should try it again. Organic Spirit I like but only after it has seeped/aged. Others from NET.com like Pure Virginia, Sun cured Turkish, I like right out of the mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread