Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Juicy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Placentia, CA
Interesting notes from all...my 2 cents...

Air Cured Burley really is wonderful. I never vape GEJ Acadian Gold anymore largely due to this. I like to vape Clay's latakia straight up sometimes too.

RBFS Pirates Drunken Bland Tooth never had any flavor for me. Not at 1 day and not at 365 days. I got some of the first retail batch, so maybe mine was just "off?" I know many people adore this juice

Louisville is great out of the mail and even better after a month or two. And it stays good for a year IMHO. I still rank Louisville as the undisputed KING of retails NET.

I have tried many custards now, witch fairly meh results. Tried Kustard and many other juices from Goodlife and I simply dont get the appeal of that vendor at all. The Kustard was...ok...middle of the road fare. The Orange Blossom has potential, borderline reorder. Their artibaccos were nasty IMHO. I just cant take that arti base taste that I first encountered in the very popular Vapor Station line. That said, if you like Bryce's and the artis from good like are interesting to you, I have a friend who mixes Bryce's with Goodlife Deadly Sin and that is his ADV. Its worth a try. Sleeping Dragon was recommended to me. it is...pretty good. The owner is a spanking guy, just a great guy to do business wth and that matters of course. Daft Sounk to me was a step above the run of the mill custard, but still not sure it rocks my world enough to reorder. Lemony Spunkett is pretty good. I have vaped a lot of that stuff lately. AMAZING? No, but solid and good just about any time. I also tried the Isle of Custards line. My critisism is that they all use the same Captain's Custard base and so only one maybe 2 are unique enough to reorder. Blackbeard's Blood (Caramel over custard_ was very disappointing, just not enough oomph either in darkness or creaminess with the caramel. Old Salt's I was most excited for, custard in toffee sauce but it in no way lived up to its delicious description and left me flat. Captain's Custard Donus is one where the custard base is part of the whole picture as opposed to overwhelmingly evident...and it tastes exactly lie one of those "plain" brown cake doughnuts. Pretty damn good. Son of a Biscuit Eater was my clear favorite. Like vaping biscuit dipped in custard. Slightly dry, delicious, and very addicting. ADV and reorder.

Back to basic for me today on my new microstick. Loaded the last of my Black Irish X in the ole spheroid. So good.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Son of a Biscuit Eater was my clear favorite

O.k. Well, off I go...tralala

Just finished re-wicking for tonight. Have three going:

MVJ's MVJ w/Peter Stokkebye English Oriental Supreme Pipe Tobacco, MVJ with Peter Stokkebye, MyVapeJuice, LLC
English blend that's not as rich as Dunhill Nightcap.

NET's E=mc2

and

NET's Coconut Cavendish
With a little extra splash of Black Cavendish to tone it down a bit because I originally ordered extra flavor (thanks for that tips guys!)

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
Just stopping by for a sec to say hello. I haven't been vaping NETs as much for the last year or so, simply because the vast majority of e-liquid companies I've been working with aren't into tobaccos at all, let alone NETs. I certainly miss them from time to time, and I certainly miss this crew. Hope you're all doing well!

Big Juicy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Placentia, CA
Just stopping by for a sec to say hello. I haven't been vaping NETs as much for the last year or so, simply because the vast majority of e-liquid companies I've been working with aren't into tobaccos at all, let alone NETs. I certainly miss them from time to time, and I certainly miss this crew. Hope you're all doing well!

rayjoe.JPG

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Interesting notes from all...my 2 cents...

Air Cured Burley really is wonderful. I never vape GEJ Acadian Gold anymore largely due to this. I like to vape Clay's latakia straight up sometimes too.

RBFS Pirates Drunken Bland Tooth never had any flavor for me. Not at 1 day and not at 365 days. I got some of the first retail batch, so maybe mine was just "off?" I know many people adore this juice

Louisville is great out of the mail and even better after a month or two. And it stays good for a year IMHO. I still rank Louisville as the undisputed KING of retails NET.

I have tried many custards now, witch fairly meh results. Tried Kustard and many other juices from Goodlife and I simply dont get the appeal of that vendor at all. The Kustard was...ok...middle of the road fare. The Orange Blossom has potential, borderline reorder. Their artibaccos were nasty IMHO. I just cant take that arti base taste that I first encountered in the very popular Vapor Station line. That said, if you like Bryce's and the artis from good like are interesting to you, I have a friend who mixes Bryce's with Goodlife Deadly Sin and that is his ADV. Its worth a try. Sleeping Dragon was recommended to me. it is...pretty good. The owner is a spanking guy, just a great guy to do business wth and that matters of course. Daft Sounk to me was a step above the run of the mill custard, but still not sure it rocks my world enough to reorder. Lemony Spunkett is pretty good. I have vaped a lot of that stuff lately. AMAZING? No, but solid and good just about any time. I also tried the Isle of Custards line. My critisism is that they all use the same Captain's Custard base and so only one maybe 2 are unique enough to reorder. Blackbeard's Blood (Caramel over custard_ was very disappointing, just not enough oomph either in darkness or creaminess with the caramel. Old Salt's I was most excited for, custard in toffee sauce but it in no way lived up to its delicious description and left me flat. Captain's Custard Donus is one where the custard base is part of the whole picture as opposed to overwhelmingly evident...and it tastes exactly lie one of those "plain" brown cake doughnuts. Pretty damn good. Son of a Biscuit Eater was my clear favorite. Like Vaping biscuit dipped in custard. Slightly dry, delicious, and very addicting. ADV and reorder.

Back to basic for me today on my new microstick. Loaded the last of my Black Irish X in the ole spheroid. So good.
So far other than NETs, a good custard is all I've enjoyed really. Charlie noble Charlie's custard was soso, seems like it has a touch of chocolate in it to me and I don't like the taste of chocolate in my vape. Clockwerks Custard from vaping.watch on the other hand was the best vape I ever had when I first tried it. Since then my vapors tongue has dimenished the pleasure of it but still love it on ocassion.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Spec-OP3

I'm trying this for the first time. Not having a smoking knowledge of cigars I'm not quit sure what I'm tasting. To me it's very similar in flavor toRBFS Dagwoods Wife River Bottom Fog Sauce : Dagwood's Wife Is Trippin but lighter, a little smoother and more refined. It's one of Clays relatively new cigars so I don't know who here has tried it.

I also don't know what Clay means by "herbal infusion".

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
@David M

I wasn't impressed by Charlie Noble either. I got the samples of Clockworks when they had that sale but haven't cracked them yet. I'm still favoring Blends by Bryce but, I do haVe a shopping basket filled at Isle of Custard after BJ's review. Just waiting a bit.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
@David M

I wasn't impressed by Charlie Noble either. I got the samples of Clockworks when they had that sale but haven't cracked them yet. I'm still favoring Blends by Bryce but, I do haVe a shopping basket filled at Isle of Custard after BJ's review. Just waiting a bit.
I tried the new cheap no frills juices at vaping watch and didn't care for any of the three I bought. If you find a custard better than Clockwerks custard let me know as it stands nowI'm gonna spend 18 bucks plus shipping on a bottle of 30 mils, I'm out :)

ohmatt

Sep 2, 2015
I posted most of this in the Newbie forum but have crossed my 5 posts. :)

Summary: I love cigars, employed in healthcare, became cost prohibitive, had to stop. Looking to switch healthcare organizations; if I switch I will get cotenine tested and denied employment if detected.

I read that 0mg Naturally Extracted Tobacco exists. I asked for a starter kit recommendation from my cousin, and ordered a Kangertech Subbox Mini starter kit same day. It would be wonderful to have something close to cigar taste and not risk having a readable amount of cotenine (>200 ng/ml in a pee test) . Later yesterday I read on a blog post for DIY NET that some Nicotine is retained. I believe it was 2mg but would be diluted 5x for use. That is still .4 MG which is about the same as an ultralight cigarette.

So is NET listed as 0mg from an online retailer actually 0 (or at least immeasurable like tomatoes)? If really zero I'm all set to order 3crowns, Ruins, and Yesteryear. Hoping to try many more listed here. Otherwise I'm going to be stuck with the artificial.

Tell me some good news please.

- Matt -

Last edited:
Reactions: Metal Storm

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
I've been researching NETs and hagsen keeps coming up? Is anyone familiar with Hagsen ?

You mean Hangsen? It's one of the oldest Chinese e-liquid companies in the business. It does have some NETs, but I prefer NET e-liquids from American companies.

Brobdingnagian

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I posted most of this in the Newbie forum but have crossed my 5 posts. :)

Summary: I love cigars, employed in healthcare, became cost prohibitive, had to stop. Looking to switch healthcare organizations; if I switch I will get cotenine tested and denied employment if detected.

I read that 0mg Naturally Extracted Tobacco exists. I asked for a starter kit recommendation from my cousin, and ordered a Kangertech Subbox Mini starter kit same day. It would be wonderful to have something close to cigar taste and not risk having a readable amount of cotenine (>200 ng/ml in a pee test) . Later yesterday I read on a blog post for DIY NET that some Nicotine is retained. I believe it was 2mg but would be diluted 5x for use. That is still .4 MG which is about the same as an ultralight cigarette.

So is NET listed as 0mg from an online retailer actually 0 (or at least immeasurable like tomatoes)? If really zero I'm all set to order 3crowns, Ruins, and Yesteryear. Hoping to try many more listed here. Otherwise I'm going to be stuck with the artificial.

Tell me some good news please.

- Matt -

You've hit on a very interesting topic, here.

I'm quite unsure, really. :?:

I can't find very much literature that shows the exact amount, but it's likely to be low.

Nonexistent? I personally doubt it. Tomatoes have very little nicotine in comparison to tobacco.

Here's a study by Dr. Farsalinos on NETs:

Nicotine Levels and Presence of Selected Tobacco-Derived Toxins in Tobacco Flavoured Electronic Cigarette Refill Liquids

Check section 3.1 for the liquid analysis tables.

-----------------------

Something I noticed here, is that many of the tobaccos that were tested appear to be from cigarette tobaccos, not pipe or cigar tobaccos.

Additionally, I do not see that any 0mg nicotine juices were tested at all.

This study is not as broad as I would have hoped, however I am not an expert in tobacco science nor chemistry.

The fact that some nicotine levels were lower than advertised may not indicate how low the amounts in the starting extract were.

Typically, extracts are used at 10-30% of total juice volume, though some vendors use a higher percentage for cigar extracts than pipes.

I think this just leaves me with more questions than answers.:facepalm:

Big Juicy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Placentia, CA
So I got my ridiculously discounted price batch of RBFS today. Straight away loaded up RBFS Count Caramel first and foremost. Now look, given the absolutely gutting demise of my most cherished Caramel Wild Wood...now known as Carmelized Rotting Salmon on Cedar Plank...I blurred the line between hope and expectations of this juice...and they were bloated to a level that was in no way fair. So be it.

So first vape...

I am not sure what i taste, but it aint caramel. There is a woodsy note that is nice enough, and a slight brightness coming through maybe Virginia and some Burley too. The burley note reminds me of Fabulous & Burley. Overall it is pleasant and vapable...

I must say I have always found the RBFS line to be light in the loafers on flavor impact. Maybe that is just me, as another way to put it would be that they use a very balanced hand in mixing these juices. For my part, I always want more and not in a potato chip kind of way. Rather, in a not quite satisfied sort of way. Fab & Burley is just the wrong side of great for me and so is Porch Rocker. I am so close to adoring those juices, yet so far. Both respected juices, and they are balanced as well as any NET on the market to be sure, but I always want moor oomph from them. Whatever is going on with the Count, and whether or not any caramel ever really strikes me, it is a very nice and vapeable juice...but damnit I want it to punch me in the face a bit more and that is frustrating.

On the selfish side, this is in no way curing my caramel fix :(

Big Juicy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Placentia, CA
I find their juices very pleasant for extended lengths of time, then boring. I don't get any caramel here at all. Maybe as a backnote binding the whole thing together, but meh. The more I vape it the more the burley comes forward...and not in an impact way, but relative to the weak flavor profile of the juice. There is a woodsy thing going on that to me is appealing, but I have to reprogram my mind to stop searching for any lush caramel.

ohmatt

Sep 2, 2015
You've hit on a very interesting topic, here.
I'm quite unsure, really. :?:
I can't find very much literature that shows the exact amount, but it's likely to be low.
Nonexistent? I personally doubt it. Tomatoes have very little nicotine in comparison to tobacco.
Here's a study by Dr. Farsalinos on NETs:
Nicotine Levels and Presence of Selected Tobacco-Derived Toxins in Tobacco Flavoured Electronic Cigarette Refill Liquids
Check section 3.1 for the liquid analysis tables.
-----------------------
Something I noticed here, is that many of the tobaccos that were tested appear to be from cigarette tobaccos, not pipe or cigar tobaccos. Additionally, I do not see that any 0mg nicotine juices were tested at all.
This study is not as broad as I would have hoped, however I am not an expert in tobacco science nor chemistry.
The fact that some nicotine levels were lower than advertised may not indicate how low the amounts in the starting extract were. Typically, extracts are used at 10-30% of total juice volume, though some vendors use a higher percentage for cigar extracts than pipes. I think this just leaves me with more questions than answers.:facepalm:

Thanks for the reply! I noticed this study in my research yesterday and was disappointed they didn't test any 0mg labeled. The vendor who makes 3crowns, etc erred low on all both of their samples in the tests. Having -3% and -21% deviation isn't promising, but when seeking 0 what is 21%? :confused:

Perhaps I am unique in wanting a true 0mg / 0% NET but I have to believe there are other folks who like cigar flavor but can't use nicotine for one reason or the other. Perhaps they are all forced to use a nasty artificial substitute. I haven't heard back from the one vendor but will be emailing additional ones.

Gothicmace59

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Henry County Georgia
Ok... so now I am learning about NET juice... and more importantly pipe tobacco styled NET juice. Sooooo I would like to ask those of you who vape pipe styled NET juice.. what type of set up do you use? What I mean is.. are you tootle puffers with low voltage batteries and tanks or do you sub ohm or maybe even have an rda that you drip on ?? I gave up a 35 year pack a day cig habit.. but also gave up a wonderful pipe habit having over 40 pipes that I have collected over the same 35 years... so if YOU would be kind enough to inform this old guy.. what you use and what type of blend.. i.e. 50/50 and what nic level you use.. I would appreciate it. I just spent a hour at NET looking at the pipe blends and I would like to try some.. but need some direction to help cut down a bit on the trial and error. I personally have several Kanger Evod2 tanks.. and several mini Pro Tank 2 and mini pro tank 3's along with a full size kanger pro tank 3.. I also have an iSubG and Arctic tank with .5 coils and two RDA set ups.. plume veil and mad hatter mini that I run .4 or .5 coils on that I build. All are powered by either my Cool Fire IV or my MVP3.0 Pro.
Thanks in advance for any and all help and suggestions
Happy Vaping
Cheers
Mace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread