Status
Not open for further replies.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Many flavours just start to taste worse after a while or simply don't lend themselves to constant use.
Sadly this has happened to me with Patriot. When I first found it I was blown away and would binge on it. Now, I can only have it in small doses. It's not bad by any means and maybe it's because my taste buds are changing but now, it's a little overwhelming. Still a great blend and I would highly recommend it to anyone who's curious.

fogmust

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2015
New Jersey
Bad sport ! Do you know if Clay has an alarm system ? Perhaps little foggy could keep watch for the police.

Where is foggy ? Quak, quak... Has he drunk the complete litre from Clay ?

You know, for somebody who comes from the country which prides itself the most on "Ordnung", you've been having some funny ideas lately.
I haven't finished the whole thing yet, but I did realize that 450ml of e-liquid is a lot... so I've been taking shots of it every once in a while in addition to vaping it. I dare you to do that too.

fogmust

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2015
New Jersey
It's part of why I do synthetics (Hangsen mostly) in one rda, NETs in another, and often hybrids in a third. Keep the flavors rotating.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I do exactly the same thing. NETs, Halo and Nicoticket. Helps with taste a lot and I don't get overwhelmed or bored with any single one of them.

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
Its a very big difference. I like cigar and some pipe nets too but i wouldnt smoke a pipe or a cigar. As a smoker i like only cigarettes. As a net it dont plays a role.
How many different tobaccos did you try? Anything other than packaged, mass produced stuff?

Even then, ZigZag is not the same as Top or Bugler, and Prince Albert is very different again.

Never mid stuff like Stokkebye's Amsterdam Shag or Turkish Export.

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
Do you drink the same thing every night?

Yep. The same coffee and iced tea. Have for decades.

Smoking was all about nicotine and hand to mouth sensation for me...never being a cigar or pipe man my tendency was to always smoke the same brand.

Sorry to hear. There are lots of great tobaccos (as you have learned now), cigarette, pipe and cigar. And all 3 methods have different strengths.

Getting away from mass produced, premade cigarettes opened many options. I tried dozens of different tobaccos and blends. First it was because of cost, but after a few years I could stand the taste of the premades. Sort of like going back to just artificial tobacco flavors after NETs.

Getting good tobacco also did away with the cravings and such.

Happy to hear vaping and NETs expanded so many horizons.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnthonyB

mansis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2015
Costa Mesa,CA
Three Choices as of Now:

H&H Louisiana Red DIY
Seattle Pipe Club Seattle Evening with menthol added DIY
NET.com Sun Cured Turkish and or Dunhill Nightcap DIY
GL Pease Jackknife "with a bullet"
Just having a Dunhill Nightcap DIY. I prefer mine over MVJ. Taste is better, although not as coil friendly as MVJ. I have Louisiana Red soaking on PG cold maceration, and almost 20 ml hot maceration already filtered. From other ECF members' experience, I guess needs months of aging.

Reactions: 67Tele

jonnydoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
Germany
How many different tobaccos did you try? Anything other than packaged, mass produced stuff?

I only know packaged tobaccos. I only wanted to say that i dont like for example smoking a cigar but i like vaping cigar juices. You dont have the smoke from a real cigar at home in the rooms and its okay for your lung to inhale a cigar juice. Because of this you have more possibilities as a vaper.
Dont agree ?

jonnydoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
Germany
Jonny do you know what happens to curious little German
Boys when they try to enter Fort Knox or fort Alamos ? :0

Fort Alamos ? John Wayne is back. Be careful little australian baby face ! Germans dont have any experiences with trying.

We just do it !!!

mansis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2015
Costa Mesa,CA
Same here. Probably because I have a higher percentage of flavor in the mix.
It could be. What I had from MVJ was with extra shot. If I recall correctly it means 25% extract. Mine is 20%. Maybe the difference is due to what I'm vaping being hot maceration. When my cold macerations gets ready. I would have a better idea.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Maybe this is not the best place to raise this issue I am having but is almost the only thread I interact in and I know many of you make your own home made NETs which means you purchase flavorless nicotine juice and PG/Vg and must be reasonably happy with it and your end product.

I have only ever used two products involving flavorless nicotine juice (pg/Vg with nicotine) to mix my home made NETs. One was a bottle of VG 48 mg nicotine which was gifted to me by Scarf-ace and the second was some flavorless pg/Vg juices at 18mg and 24mg which I purchased from Health Cabin. (The bottle given to me by Scarf-ace was thrown out a long time ago. That stuff burned my nose hairs just sniffing it).

Both products have made me sick and I assume it comes down to excessive levels of nicotine. I am absolutely sure I mixed my juices correctly given the straight forward arithmetic in getting the desired nicotine levels in the completed mixed product.

Not only have these products made me feel sick but the throat hit just doesn't feel right either. It isn't the same full 'spikey' throat hit I get from most commercial liquids but a more smoother, unsatisfying throat hit. In order to combat what I speculated was understated nicotine levels on the bottle I mixed a batch at 4mg nicotine based on the stated Nic levels which is 3 times less nicotine than what I would use in the devices and wattage I was vaping at. Yet still it seemed these mixtures were making me ill and I could swear it felt like 12 mg nicotine.

It's bad enough that my home made nets have turned out mediocre but the bad nicotine is making it worse. I am starting to think the flavorless PGVG nicotine juice is a contributing factor. It could be the MAIN factor.

So basically my question(s) is, has anyone else had negative experiences with nicotine juice they use to mix with their NET extractions and what nicotine products should I be looking for? I remember a while back Billherst spoke about various types of nicotines in this thread and he seemed to understand the differences and quality in nicotine products, how they are extracted (nicotine that is , not NETa) and the kind of throat hit to expect.

If not the nicotine, can PG and VG come in different grades of quality that make a difference to the vaping experience? Can they go off and make you sick?

I know we have some home made NET makers here and I have asked a mouthful of questions. Even if you advise me as to where you get your nicotine flavorless juices from that might point me in the right direction to at least steer away from bad nicotine products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Current top 3:

1. Gold Leaf from EV. Bought some extract from Vash because life would feel empty without.
2. Desert Cherry-NET.com. Not sure why, just been loving this one. On my second bottle and it is becoming a go to vape lately.
3. A toss up between Eclipse and Starry Night from NET.com. I say toss up because Starry Night has been a favorite for a while now but am really liking this new cigar of Clay. Think it is the addition of Latakia which is really getting my attention lately.

This was tougher than I thought as most times, I mix and match from drip to drip. Had to think of the ones I take with when going to watch a game with a group of friends. Those have been the ones that been traveling throughout the playoffs so they got the nod.

Gold leaf from Ethervapes is a great juice. So is Top Leaf.

Reactions: xtreme101

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I dunno...would you eat the same thing in the restaurant or at home every night?

Do you drink the same thing every night?

Smoking was all about nicotine and hand to mouth sensation for me...never being a cigar or pipe man my tendency was to always smoke the same brand.

With vaping I find I treat it more like food or drink and change the flavour up.

Two reasons perhaps a. I get vapers tongue from most of not all juices if I don't change regularly and seemingly in contradiction b. Many flavours just start to taste worse after a while or simply don't lend themselves to constant use.

It's something I have noticed...less,so in the net world but with the sweet flavours people change the whole time.

Finally an anecdote...net.coms Poliu which I am vaping and loving tonight...hat smoked latkia gets too much for me after awhile and to be sure I won't enjoy it tomorrow...

And yes I am fickle!

I change my juices up everyday. In fact I can vape 6-8 different juices a day and I am always rotating but there are a few I consider MUST HAVE's in my inventory so hey are always accessible without having to wait 2 weeks for a new order to arrive. I like many NETs, up to 30 or 40 but some of those won't see daylight for weeks or even months at a time, but my MUST HAVEs are always popping up in my rotation regularly. Regularly for me is at least one tank full a week.

I don't actually have any all day Vapes. I guess that is why I preferred to term it 'must haves'.

Reactions: morningdew

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
I only know packaged tobaccos.

Sorry to hear. There is a lot better out there.
So of like thinking a hamburger is only what you get at McDonald's and Burger King.

I only wanted to say that i dont like for example smoking a cigar but i like vaping cigar juices. You dont have the smoke from a real cigar at home in the rooms and its okay for your lung to inhale a cigar juice. Because of this you have more possibilities as a vaper.
Dont agree ?

You don't have more choices, just your eyes are open to them now.

Cigars and the pipe were always an experience, maybe even ritualistic.
Like fine dining or great whiskey.
Cigarettes were the routine, normal stuff.

Personally I don't vape cigar or pipe tobaccos. Just something missing.
I do still smoke both occasionally as I always have. Cutting the grass, around a campfire, after a particularly good meal.

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
If not the nicotine, can PG and VG come in different grades of quality that make a difference to the vaping experience? Can they go off and make you sick?

You don't mention the pg/vg ratios in question.
That can have significant effects on some people.

The commercial liquids you mention, are the NETs or artificial flavors?

jonnydoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
Germany
You don't have more choices, just your eyes are open to them now.

Yes, its true. I have never tried a pipe and perhaps i would love it. Vaping a pipe or a cigar juice is without regrets. I dont want to know all the great tobaccos of the whole world because it could be that it could be a big pleasure to smoke them but i dont want to smoke.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread