Natural Tobaccos - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
People's Republic of Stroud
You guys need to upgrade your gear, so im finishing up some experiments right now but so far using the smok tfv4 coils (this is tanking the NET not using a dripper) I'm getting above 50 ml per coil , that is still 2 coils a week for a heavy vaper but MILES ahead of my old experiemtns (kanger protank I believe where I too would only get 15-20 ml)

I think its just the surface area difference, I'm comparing homemade diy filterd to 2 micron vs black notes stuff right now and so far about equal (but like I said im still finishing some runs)

I think the sugar theory is wrong too , otherwise we would see a huge gunking difference between different tobacco varieties (so burley and kentucky would be way less gunky than say virginia / maryland) - and we don't see that, I also don't think its the waxes (diterpenoids) simply because of how much of the volume they make up (also they hold lots of our flavor molecules)

hypothesis right now is that its polysacharides (amylose and amylopectin) , i'm going to do a sub micron filter batch with nuclepore membrane paper and see whats what, from talking to others you apparently lose some flavor at or below 0.5 microns but we will see.

Ah Black Note juices. These are not gunky nets to begin with...I could get many mls before any sens of gunking as well. Sound as if your diy juices are also not gunkers.

I would be interested to hear how much HoL perique/guevara or net.com juices these coils can give a clean vape on.

Reactions: NotSoMini

Smocian257

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2014
Green Valley, Arizona
I would be interested to hear how much HoL perique/guevara or net.com juices these coils can give a clean vape on.

Well the reason I used my own diy as the control group is because I know the degree to which I filter (2 micron) - i'd considerd doing some others 'real tobacco extracts" would be good I think - clean, whole leaf only (so no casings or anything)

jaytex1969

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2015
Austin, TX
I've tried some Mountain Oak Vapors stuff, but not the NETs. I enjoyed what I got from them.

Just busted into the RBFS Count Caramel. This stuff is pretty awesome.

Just got my juice from MyVapeJuice in the mail today. Any recommendations on steep time for them. (Like it matters to me. All my juice sits around for months, it seems)

Jay :headbang:

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
I've tried some Mountain Oak Vapors stuff, but not the NETs. I enjoyed what I got from them.

Just busted into the RBFS Count Caramel. This stuff is pretty awesome.

Just got my juice from MyVapeJuice in the mail today. Any recommendations on steep time for them. (Like it matters to me. All my juice sits around for months, it seems)

Jay :headbang:

I usually try it right away just to get a taste of it and GUESS how long it might take to mature.
After that, I check the juice every week until I find the "sweet spot." I don't want to miss that. Some e-liquid take 2 to 4 weeks some 2 to 4 months! Taste is up to the individual..... :pervy:

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Hi all,

The impending deeming regulations made me consider my supply options recently and although I have enough NETs to last me a good 2-3 years I was running low on my favorite juices.

The uncertainty about how deeming regs and associated state laws on tobacco after 8/8/16 will affect NET vendors along with Clay stocking new juices since my last order prompted me to put in a fairly substantial order with NET.com. My fridge is definitely not suffering from an undersupply of NET.com juices but my bottle of big spirit, air cured burley, NS Brown, cognac infused tobacco and others are long gone.

My order arrived today so I was pretty excited. It's the biggest order I've ever put in with NET.com.

The liquids I am most enthusiastic to sample are some of the new cigar and pipe NETs that have been added to the list of products. These include Mystique, The Raven, Oak Cask, enigma and others.

Clay being generous as always threw in some samplers as well. I sampled the banana nut bread tobacco and it sure is tasty. The banana isn't subtle
but it isn't sickly sweet either. It blends well with the tobaccos. So far so good and that isn't even one of the juices I was most excited about.

My last splurge on liquids pre deeming regulations will be with Goodejuice to replenish my supply of Patriot. Patriot would have to be my last juice on Earth so the idea of having none with 8/8 drawing nearer has me concerned.

I notice that goodejuice has some new NETs such as lizard tail and shade. Has anyone tried these ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
Our friends at MOV also released a statement that they are committing to the fight to keep the industry alive. Here is a summary:

I recently bought a Vicious Ant BF Cyclone from them recently, only $20. I admit, ashamedly, that I haven't ordered juice from them in nearly a year, maybe more. I will be placing an order with them today... a big one, for their incredible NETs not only because they are great products, but to show my support for them.

I hear your call, and I'm on my way.

Mountain Oak Vapors E-Cigarette Blog

I see Checkum already posted the link, I thought a repost would benefit others getting here late.

Good people there at Mountain Oak Vapors. Placed an order yesterday only to get a call from them today that they were out of the AW 18490s that were on the order. She said they could refund that part $16, or exchange for other products. I felt exchanging was easier for both of us. So she threw in two 30ml of NET Apache, and Virginia Flake. Very nice gesture on her part. She could have nickeld and dimed me to the last cent of that $16 like China does. So now Im awaiting those and Southern gentleman to try for the first time.

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
Although I DIY, I do enjoy Clay's Hybrids and will purchase a few before Big Bro clamps down... my most recent was Fried Bananas, delicious but I love Banana, I'll have to try the Banana Nut Bread when I decide to order.

GeJ is another Net I occasionally acquire, mainly for Vita Bella, with a possible re-buy of Organic, which is on-deck for a first-time vape.

Not sure, but I think we'll get a year or two before any New Regulations are enforced... :2c:

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Hi all,

The impending deeming regulations made me consider my supply options recently and although I have enough NETs to last me a good 2-3 years I was running low on my favorite juices.

The uncertainty about how deeming regs and associated state laws on tobacco after 8/8/16 will affect NET vendors along with Clay stocking new juices since my last order prompted me to put in a fairly substantial order with NET.com. My fridge is definitely not suffering from an undersupply of NET.com juices but my bottle of big spirit, air cured burley, NS Brown, cognac infused tobacco and others are long gone.

My order arrived today so I was pretty excited. It's the biggest order I've ever put in with NET.com.

The liquids I am most enthusiastic to sample are some of the new cigar and pipe NETs that have been added to the list of products. These include Mystique, The Raven, Oak Cask, enigma and others.

Clay being generous as always threw in some samplers as well. I sampled the banana nut bread tobacco and it sure is tasty. The banana isn't subtle
but it isn't sickly sweet either. It blends well with the tobaccos. So far so good and that isn't even one of the juices I was most excited about.

My last splurge on liquids pre deeming regulations will be with Goodejuice to replenish my supply of Patriot. Patriot would have to be my last juice on Earth so the idea of having none with 8/8 drawing nearer has me concerned.

I notice that goodejuice has some new NETs such as lizard tail and shade. Has anyone tried these ?

I'm fairly new to the world of NETs, but have been loving Clay's tRY4 and Coventry [the only two I've tried thus far.] So, I'll be looking forward to hearing your comments on the other new flavors you acquired.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Although I DIY, I do enjoy Clay's Hybrids and will purchase a few before Big Bro clamps down... my most recent was Fried Bananas, delicious but I love Banana, I'll have to try the Banana Nut Bread when I decide to order.

GeJ is another Net I occasionally acquire, mainly for Vita Bella, with a possible re-buy of Organic, which is on-deck for a first-time vape.

Not sure, but I think we'll get a year or two before any New Regulations are enforced... :2c:
Yes, my reading is that there are two years before any clampdown, if nothing is reversed. So, there is breathing room, but let's hope that vendors don't decide to pack it in before that, fearing for the worst.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Wow, just went on a shopping spree from NET.com. Bought the new cigar Vyno. Also decided to try a few of the cigarette ones I have not tried yet such as Organic Spirit, NS Dark and NS Brown along with Oak-Cask, Bright Leaf, Pure Virginia, Lemon Virginia, Sun-Cured Turkish, and Izmir/Oriental. Can't wait for the new shipment to come in and do some taste testing.

Funny thing is when I first started ordering from Clay (right when he came back after his rocky period), it seemed like there was a huge selection compared to most places. Now, he offers at least double what he had back then. Kinda got lost trying to decide what to order. It's good to see him expanding and offering such unique products; have yet to be disappointed.

Beaverkt

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
NC USA
Hey guys looking for a little help picking a vendor. It's been awhile since I have been active on the forum or keeping up with new juices and hardware. For about the past 18 months to 2 years I have been using the same gear and same mediocre juices from a local brick and mortar mostly out of convenience. I've recently had a bit of a renewed interest in vaping as hobby and have recently updated most of my hardware. With that I am wanting to improve upon my current juices. I have tried some NETs in the past and really enjoyed them though I don't recall where from. Now I have never had much patience for steeping juice which leads me to my question. Do any vendors sell any pre-steeped NET juices? Thanks in advance for the help.

UnclePsyko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
PJNY

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Diane at My Vape Juice sells STP (Steeped To Perfection) juice.
Steeped to Perfection Vape Juice, MyVapeJuice, LLC
Her line is pretty expansive and well regarded.

Which reminds me... she has a Memorial Day sale going on and I almost forgot to post it here ( since she can't because of her vendor status )

memory.jpg

Smocian257

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2014
Green Valley, Arizona
Hey guys looking for a little help picking a vendor. It's been awhile since I have been active on the forum or keeping up with new juices and hardware. For about the past 18 months to 2 years I have been using the same gear and same mediocre juices from a local brick and mortar mostly out of convenience. I've recently had a bit of a renewed interest in vaping as hobby and have recently updated most of my hardware. With that I am wanting to improve upon my current juices. I have tried some NETs in the past and really enjoyed them though I don't recall where from. Now I have never had much patience for steeping juice which leads me to my question. Do any vendors sell any pre-steeped NET juices? Thanks in advance for the help.

Blacknote is pre steeped but pricey

Email clay at naturally extracted dot com and he may have some sitting around , I grabbed some last october that was aged

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
Blacknote is pre steeped but pricey

Email clay at naturally extracted dot com and he may have some sitting around , I grabbed some last october that was aged
Honestly I find most Net.com stuff is good to go either out of the mail or within few day

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
Hey guys,

Does anyone know if Goodejuice is having a Memorial Day sale? I've checked on the website but don't see any reference to a Memorial Day sale.

I have not seen a Memorial Day sales code. I don’t know if this still works, try: ECF10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread