Status
Not open for further replies.

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
... I was on the verge of buying an Acid Kuba Kuba, but the infused herbal incense nature of those cigars kinda turns me off. Who knows, that note may not come out in the end product; I'll have to do some research to answer that question. ;)

There aren't many who liked the Kuba Kuba from various NET Retailers, mainly due to the Botanical/ Herbal notes. Personally it was one I enjoyed more than the Blondie offerings due those Botanical notes, and one of my first extractions.

I've mixed it at different percentages, 5-25%, and always experienced different flavor notes but the Botanicals are always present, especially at lower percentages... a Great cigar vape during the hot Summers here in Nevada, usually @15%.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
There aren't many who liked the Kuba Kuba from various NET Retailers, mainly due to the Botanical/ Herbal notes. Personally it was one I enjoyed more than the Blondie offerings due those Botanical notes, and one of my first extractions.

Personally, I found Kuba Kuba from QnJ very enjoyable. After a while, I liked it as much if not more than Dagwoods Wife is Trippin from RBFS. Either way, I enjoy that high pitch note (best way I can describe it) that the Acid cigars have to offer. The one drawback to them is after vaping for a while, the taste almost goes mute on me. I end up having to put them down for a few days before I can enjoy them again.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Well I just ordered 4 blowout boxes from Diane. More extract than I will ever need but what a lovely big lucky dip of extracts. I remember paying $12 for a 15ml bottle of mixed NETs with some of these extracts and now I am getting 400 mls of extract for $30.

I went for the boxes with Cornell and Diell, Gurka, some teas and home and Hearth.

Looks like I am going to have to get my DIY hands ready and steady!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
stock up on pipe tobacco just in case.

My local tobacconist blends a few pipe tobaccos which I love to do NET with dearly. I've already told him I'm in for a few pounds of each one before he is forced to stop blending his own.

So, yeah, cellaring his pipe blends is in my near future. ;)

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Revisiting an old friend. I happened upon Vash in the Ether under lands and ordered a 30ml bottle of Confederate extract. All the Ether Vapes I have left are way too high nic for me to attempt them anymore and I was missing Confederate which is the first NET I tried and which set me on this dark and meandering path.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Have y'all taken a look at what Clay's been up too lately? I just breezed through and was blown away (no pun intended.)

NEWEST PRODUCTS:

Cigars:
Ariesa (LTD Ed.)
Roberto (LTD Ed.)
Juan (LTD Ed.)
Bembe (LTD Ed.)
Perseo (LTD Ed.)
Forsaken

Pipe Tobacco:
R.I.P.
Storm
Veritas
Berry Blend
Nougat
Butter Pecan
Golden Berry
Cherry Cavendish
PistachioCoconut Almond
Buttered Rum
Orchard
Hazelnut
Cigarette:Analog Blend

Custom:Scottish Blend
Latakia Lover
Turkish BlendCafé de CaramelBourbon Pecan
Herbal Fusion

Hybrids:Islay PeatS'mores
Lemon Blues
Blackberry Brandy
Chocolate Covered Cherries
Strawmelon Taffy
Masala Chai
Cranberry Fudge
Banana Cream
Banana Walnut Stout
Toasted Coconut
Raspberry Almond
Chocolate Covered Bananas
Sweet Cakes
Chocolate Pistachio
Pineapple Upside-down Cake
Orange Chocolate
Strawberries and Cream
Caramel'd Pecan
Chocolate Lemonade
Spicy Cinnamon
Apple Bud
Brown Sugar Pineapple
Strawberry Banana
Strawberry Mango
Cherry Limeade
Peach Cobbler
Black Cherry Marshmallow
Tropic Smoke
Lemon Berry
Cherry Cobbler
Champagne
Ginger'd Peach
Carrot Cake
Blue Raspberry
Great Grape
Cinnamon Roll
Midnight Melon
Minty Melon
Black and Blue
Punch'd
Apple Cider
Root Beer
Grapple
TaKillya Rose
Grilled Pear
Peachy Pear
Butterscotch Cav
Caramel'Dew
Ginger Cream
Smokey Melon
Mint Wood
Pecan Pie

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
well
Have y'all taken a look at what Clay's been up too lately? I just breezed through and was blown away (no pun intended.)

NEWEST PRODUCTS:

Cigars:
Ariesa (LTD Ed.)
Roberto (LTD Ed.)
Juan (LTD Ed.)
Bembe (LTD Ed.)
Perseo (LTD Ed.)
Forsaken

Pipe Tobacco:
R.I.P.
Storm
Veritas
Berry Blend
Nougat
Butter Pecan
Golden Berry
Cherry Cavendish
PistachioCoconut Almond
Buttered Rum
Orchard
Hazelnut
Cigarette:Analog Blend

Custom:Scottish Blend
Latakia Lover
Turkish BlendCafé de CaramelBourbon Pecan
Herbal Fusion

Hybrids:Islay PeatS'mores
Lemon Blues
Blackberry Brandy
Chocolate Covered Cherries
Strawmelon Taffy
Masala Chai
Cranberry Fudge
Banana Cream
Banana Walnut Stout
Toasted Coconut
Raspberry Almond
Chocolate Covered Bananas
Sweet Cakes
Chocolate Pistachio
Pineapple Upside-down Cake
Orange Chocolate
Strawberries and Cream
Caramel'd Pecan
Chocolate Lemonade
Spicy Cinnamon
Apple Bud
Brown Sugar Pineapple
Strawberry Banana
Strawberry Mango
Cherry Limeade
Peach Cobbler
Black Cherry Marshmallow
Tropic Smoke
Lemon Berry
Cherry Cobbler
Champagne
Ginger'd Peach
Carrot Cake
Blue Raspberry
Great Grape
Cinnamon Roll
Midnight Melon
Minty Melon
Black and Blue
Punch'd
Apple Cider
Root Beer
Grapple
TaKillya Rose
Grilled Pear
Peachy Pear
Butterscotch Cav
Caramel'Dew
Ginger Cream
Smokey Melon
Mint Wood
Pecan Pie

Well he sure hasn't been sitting around worrying what is coming next!

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
finalsale-jpg.588991

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I'm amazed at the dizzying array of liquids Clay has released. There are some I am really keen on. Clay makes great hybrid tobacco flavors so if his new flavors are anywhere near as good as his past incarnations it would be very difficult to chose from the huge range he has now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Personally I find most of Clay's taste pretty good right when I receive them... others have said they felt they needed some steep time. So again, personal preference will come into play way too much ... With the HHV nets, they varied for me with some being ok at first and then the reorder needing steeped and seemed a bit weak as you mentioned...

So try them right away or as you have time... and then revisit them occasionally to see what your own preferences are.

HHV is a heart breaker. Their legend, serendipity and others back in the day where unparalleled for hybrid juices.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I actually haven't tried that one... but I have tried several of the extracts. I think I've posted this before but if not... here it is now. These are some descriptions I gave to Diane for use on her website... I kept is simple as I could so hopefully others less knowledgeable wouldn't get overwhelmed etc... At this time, I was making more conventional compressed coils using 28g wire wrapped on a 1.5-2mm rod... These can likely be vaped at higher power levels with larger coils and bigger gauge wire.

Havana 7 CT Broadleaf

Using an Infinite Magma dripper at 1.7ohms… with 3 weeks of steep time

At the lower power settings of about 15w, the initial inhale into the mouth… it’s a smooth but mild in strength flavored vape with a dark to medium dark robust flavor. During the inhale into the lungs the spicy bite is evident at the back of the throat. At power levels over 15w up to 20w, the flavor strength comes up nicely and a robust flavor starts to really become apparent. The spiciness makes for a really nice set of top notes that linger nicely in the mouth. Obviously makes a nice addition to a cigar blend.

Indonesian Bezuki

A classic Indonesian flavor that is complex, full and dark in flavor. It includes added flavor notes on the tongue similar to a spice but without the bite in the back of the throat. The power level doesn’t change the taste much but, the fullness and robustness of it does increase. Makes an obvious cigar blend that is rich, dark and luxurious.

Indonesian Sumatra

A classic Indonesian flavor that is complex, full and dark in flavor with a slight natural sweetness to it. It includes added flavor top notes on the tongue to a spice and has the bite in the back of the throat that is commonly found with spicy notes. The power level doesn’t change the taste much but, the fullness and robustness of it does increase. Makes an obvious cigar blend that is rich, dark and luxurious along with a bite from the included spicy notes.

Cameroon Seco

A cigar filler type of flavor with a smooth medium toned that is still full bodied… at lower power settings there is just a hint of a bite on the back of the throat which increases as the power increases… the flavor stayed consistent from 15w up to 20w without adding any other flavor notes to the taste. The fullness is most noticeable on inhale while the cigar flavor qualities show on exhale more.

Broadleaf

A cigar filler or wrapper type of flavor with a slightly earthy, slightly sweet medium tone that is medium bodied with a hint of bite in the back of the throat. The flavor is consistent at lower 15w to higher 20w power levels but does become richer with the higher levels. The flavor of the vape remains almost the same on both inhale and exhale.

Med CT Broadleaf

Using an Infinite Magma dripper at 1.6ohms… with 3 weeks of steep time

Compared to Broadleaf, this is a little more sweet and much smoother with no sign of bite in the back of the throat. This still has the slight earthiness that you also find in Broadleaf. The flavor remains consistent with the power level only becoming richer as the power increases. Inhale and exhale flavors also remain the same. As with Broadleaf this works well as a filler or wrapper for a cigar but the smoothness would also lend it to some unique pipe or ryo blends to bring them a medium full vape.

1LS Broadleaf

Compared to Med CT Broadleaf, this vape is earthy and deeper in flavor so it’s more of a medium dark flavor that is richer and fuller that has a natural sweetness to it. There is a slight spicy bite in the back of the throat that increases with the power level with a slight bite at about 15w and a little more pronounced one at around 20w. This lends itself more towards a wrapper cigar flavor.

Organic Canadian Virginia Flue Cured

A smooth mellow light medium flavored vape which has a natural light sweet taste with a higher medium tone. It’s also has a good body with just barely a hint of a brown grassy note way in the background. I found no hint of bite on the tongue or at the back of the throat. As I increased the power from 15w up to 20w… the overall vape just became bolder. Light and complex enough to stand on it’s own but also can be used in about any blend such as cigarettes, pipes and even hookah.

American Brightleaf Virginia Flue Cured

A mellow medium flavored vape with a natural light sweetness and a medium tone. The body is a light medium with a bit of a brown grassy note in the background. There is no bite on the tongue or back of the throat. Increasing the power from 15w to 20w increases the boldness a little but not a lot. A light flavored vape that can stand on it’s own or works well in a blend such as a cigarette, pipe or hookah.

American Brightleaf Virginia Flue Cured Sweet

A smooth mellow medium flavored vape with a natural sweetness and a medium tone. The body is a light medium with a bit of a brown grassy note in the background. There is no bite on the tongue or back of the throat. Increasing the power from 15w to 20w increases the boldness a little but not a lot but the sweetness comes up a bit. A light flavored vape that can stand on it’s own or works well in a blend such as a cigarette, pipe or hookah.

American Brightleaf Virginia Flue Cured Smooth

A very smooth mellow medium flavored vape with a natural light sweetness and a medium tone. The body is a light medium with a bit of a brown grassy note in the background. There is no bite on the tongue or back of the throat. Increasing the power from 15w to 20w increases the boldness a little but not a lot. A light flavored vape that can stand on it’s own or works well in a blend such as a cigarette, pipe or hookah.

Uncut Burley

A robust medium dark vape that brings with it a slight bite in the back of the throat. There is also a dark haylike floral flavor note that really brings some interest to this juice. Vapes well from 15w to 20w with little change. Works in every situation where a bit of a bassy note is needed in a cigarette, pipe, cigar any other vape.

Dark Air Cured Fronto

A smooth bold medium dark vape with a bit of a chocolate like flavor note to it and a hardly noticeable bite in the back of the throat. The boldness increases with the power from 15w-20w. Often used as a wrapper or grappa leaf for a cigar, I believe it smooth enough for other uses also.

Aged Burley

A smooth robust medium dark vape that is wonderfully aged earthy flavor. There is a slight bite at the back of the throat on inhale. The boldness increases nicely with the power from 15w-20w without being harsher. Commonly mixed with a Virginia tobacco in cigarettes to provide a bassy note flavor but works really well in cigars and pipe blends.

Dark Fire Cured

A bold dark vape with a full smokey flavor reminiscent of a woodsy campfire. This provides a nice bite on the tongue as well as the back of the throat. The smokiness increases with the power level going from 15w-20w. Typically used as a condiment within any tobacco mixture that a dark smoky flavor is desired.

What a brilliant review Rdsok and very timely for
Me because I picked up two of the varietals blowout boxes at MVJ which contain the Indonesian varietals and broadleafs.

I am a big fan of burley so I got the varietal blowout boxes that contain the cubed burley and aged burley and uncut burley. Can't wait to mix those and see how they taste.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I'm about to put a Patel Nording in a jar for a go. :)

I was on the verge of buying an Acid Kuba Kuba, but the infused herbal incense nature of those cigars kinda turns me off. Who knows, that note may not come out in the end product; I'll have to do some research to answer that question. ;)

Acid cigars really lend well to macerating because of their botanicals. I personally am a fan of the nuances and complexities that come out of herbal infusions so acid blondies and acid kuba kuba macerations are some of my favorite all time NETs.

Metal Storm

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Mid TN USA
Those bottles of SC Turkish and Balkan didn't last long. Thankfully another 120ml arrived today. Also, I had something funny happen with a Velocity clone. It came with a bottom feed pin and I didn't notice at first. Made a bit of a mess before I figured it out. It cranked out really good flavor at first but dropped off quickly when juice ran down into the mod. :blush:

English Blend is really good,IMO. My other tryout was 3 Crown. It seems a little weak and it doesn't really remind me of a cigar. Maybe steeping will help.

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
People's Republic of Stroud
Looking forward to trying some of clays new juices.

Been vaping;

Excalibur nice dry earthy woody cigar

Yesteryear lovely spicy cigar

3 crowns with extra extract works very nicely for me

A sample of red virginia really interesting. Looking forward to mixing this with darkfired 2 or fire cured burley in the future.

Mercenary, ruins, eclipse all old favourites.

Off on holiday in a few weeks, cannot be bothered with rebuilding or gunking. so will be protank, nautilus and gs air with black note (adagio, legato and bravura). Be interesting!

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
The End Of An Era:

McClelland Collector's & Specials (4)United States (4)Ribbon (2)
1 - Mild (4)2 - Mellow (4)1 - Low (2)
Tin (4)Burley (2)
Liquor (2)
Aromatic (2)
Under $25 (4)
bn-mclelland-xmas-cheer.jpg

Thursday Special
The Last Of The McClelland Holiday BlendsMcClelland is releasing their Christmas Cheer and Holiday Spirit blends for 2016, and also for 2017 right now. Why both years at once? Due to the FDA's new deeming regulations, annual and seasonal blends will no longer be able to be made. Since Mike and Mary McNiel had already bought the leaf for the next two years, they figured that they had to bring them out now, or not at all.

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
The End Of An Era:

McClelland Collector's & Specials (4)United States (4)Ribbon (2)
1 - Mild (4)2 - Mellow (4)1 - Low (2)
Tin (4)Burley (2)
Liquor (2)
Aromatic (2)
Under $25 (4)
bn-mclelland-xmas-cheer.jpg

Thursday Special
The Last Of The McClelland Holiday BlendsMcClelland is releasing their Christmas Cheer and Holiday Spirit blends for 2016, and also for 2017 right now. Why both years at once? Due to the FDA's new deeming regulations, annual and seasonal blends will no longer be able to be made. Since Mike and Mary McNiel had already bought the leaf for the next two years, they figured that they had to bring them out now, or not at all.

Snooze you lose, just looked & they're all out of stock...

I just received my Pipe Tobacco order, mostly Sutliffe's; Black Vanilla, Black Cherry, Rum & Maple, Black Coffee & a Newminster 23 Blackberry Brandy... I'll be macerating the Rum& Maple, Newminister 23 Black Cherry, McClellan's St. James Woods and Sutliff Golden Age this Saturday for some Winter Vaping goodness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread