Status
Not open for further replies.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
My 1881 extract sat for ~1-2 months before I mixed any vape juice, and then that sat for another ~4 weeks til it was up on deck, it's good but nothing special... I usually keep ~20-30 ready made juices, so it's a matter of rotation.
Me too. I've got 20-25 of various levels of 120 ml that I shuffle through.

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
Am really enjoying my last mega order from net dot com. Viper is becoming a favourite and Black Cherry is great too - will be reordering bigger bottles next time and probably extra flavour in the Cherry for fun. I don't think it needs it per se , but want to try it.

Pistachio is really good too.

To be honest I am having difficulty in trying to cull my list for reorders :)

Dat Caramel Brownie in da Pipe is wonderful and satisfies my occasional desire for a dessert vape :)

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Am really enjoying my last mega order from net dot com. Viper is becoming a favourite and Black Cherry is great too - will be reordering bigger bottles next time and probably extra flavour in the Cherry for fun. I don't think it needs it per se , but want to try it.

Dat Caramel Brownie in da Pipe is wonderful and satisfies my occasional desire for a dessert vape :)
I know what you mean. Every time I go to order I end up with a mega cart. Such great selections, makes it difficult to choose a few.

If you like Viper, you would more than likely enjoy Vyno. Both are red wine infused. If you're liking cherry, the Cherry Cigar (Desert Cherry) has a real nice cherry however, it takes about a month before it changes from a cough drop cherry taste to what the nice cherry it becomes. That one took me by surprise; when I first tried it fresh, was put off by the cherry. Ended up putting it away and got curious about a month later and was shocked how the cherry changed; reminds me of the smell of those little cherry cigars, real nice. Is one I like to keep on hand as a cure to my occasional cherry fix.

Last edited:

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
I know what you mean. Every time I go to order I end up with a mega cart. Such great selections, just makes it difficult to choose a few.

If you like Viper, you would more than likely enjoy Vyno. Both are red wine infused. If you're liking cherry, the Cherry Cigar (Desert Cherry) has a real nice cherry however, it takes about a month before it changes from a cough drop cherry taste to what the nice cherry it becomes. That one took me by surprise; when I first tried it fresh, was put off by the cherry. Ended up putting it away and got curious about a month later and was shocked how the cherry changed; reminds me of the smell of those little cherry cigars, real nice. Is one I like to keep on hand as a cure to my occasional cherry fix.

Thanks mate, I'll check those recommendations out :)

phonedude

DIY Enthusiast
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2011
Kansas
Wonderful Vape Mail Today:

net dot com:
Lemon Virginia
Cherry Cobbler
Smyrna
Red Virginia
Blackberry Brandy

heathers:
Shadow
Heavenly Army
Gaia

They are all wonderful. I will enjoy them all to the last drop. The Gaia is the grassy flavor I have been looking for. Kayfun 5 filled with Gaia is heaven.

I would love to extract and make my own NET but I just don't have the patience or the workspace. Maybe in the future. But thanks to this thread I have found many NET's that I LOVE. (will definitely be trying that cherry cigar)

awesome-smiley-emoticon.gif

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
Wonderful Vape Mail Today:

net dot com:
Lemon Virginia
Cherry Cobbler
Smyrna
Red Virginia
Blackberry Brandy

heathers:
Shadow
Heavenly Army
Gaia

They are all wonderful. I will enjoy them all to the last drop. The Gaia is the grassy flavor I have been looking for. Kayfun 5 filled with Gaia is heaven.

I would love to extract and make my own NET but I just don't have the patience or the workspace. Maybe in the future. But thanks to this thread I have found many NET's that I LOVE. (will definitely be trying that cherry cigar)

awesome-smiley-emoticon.gif

Ahh good, you did get the Gaia :thumbs: its great when a recommendation gets enjoyed :)

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Hey all,

I know NETs are coil killers, but thought I would just seek a little advice here. This could has had around 10ml of NET through it, I have dry burnt it and used the water steam cleaning method.

It is Kanthal and has this slight surface coating to it. Should this coil just be ditched or is it okay (safe) to keep using. I don't mind regular changing of coils but 2 tanks of juice seems to be pretty full on to replace ?? :)

View attachment 600803
It looks oxidized to me, perhaps a result of the steam cleaning method. I personally wouldn't use it. I just dry burn and then rinse the coil with it off. I also replace my coils frequently since I bought some prewound for low cost from fasttech.

Reactions: Yonjuro

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia

I have been sampling my own 'mega order' from NET.com as well. I ordered a whole bunch of the hybrids in 5ml bottles with 3mg nicotine to sample them in typical subohm tanks.

The rest of my order consisted of more tobacco based NETs in their naturally extracted form with any hybrid flavors. These I ordered at 10 mg nicotine to vape mouth to lung. I guess I am a traditionalist and purist when Vaping good NETs.

I am still only really at the beginning of my sampling but so far I can already tell that there is not much I don't like in the NET.com range. It's always been this way. I've rarely ever ordered a juice from NET.com that I immediately didn't like and put it aside for a long slow death on the juice graveyard. Clay doesn't seem to put a foot wrong anywhere.

I've tried the ginger cream hybrid and it is a really good version of a ginger beer. It's only overly sweet and has no artificial taste to it.

The grilled pear really surprised me. The pear is so realistic. I've tried pear based non NETs from other vendors where the pear is the star of the show and those pear flavors aren't as good as the pear in Grilled Pear from NET.com. Clay gets the combinations of hybrids and tobacco choices right every time. He is somewhat of a master craftsman at pairing hybrids with compatible tobacco blends.

I also have Grilled Pear's big glamorous sister Grilled Pineapple but I haven't tried it yet. It's gotten rave reviews in the past.

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
I have been sampling my own 'mega order' from NET.com as well. I ordered a whole bunch of the hybrids in 5ml bottles with 3mg nicotine to sample them in typical subohm tanks.

The rest of my order consisted of more tobacco based NETs in their naturally extracted form with any hybrid flavors. These I ordered at 10 mg nicotine to vape mouth to lung. I guess I am a traditionalist and purist when Vaping good NETs.

I am still only really at the beginning of my sampling but so far I can already tell that there is not much I don't like in the NET.com range. It's always been this way. I've rarely ever ordered a juice from NET.com that I immediately didn't like and put it aside for a long slow death on the juice graveyard. Clay doesn't seem to put a foot wrong anywhere.

I've tried the ginger cream hybrid and it is a really good version of a ginger beer. It's only overly sweet and has no artificial taste to it.

The grilled pear really surprised me. The pear is so realistic. I've tried pear based non NETs from other vendors where the pear is the star of the show and those pear flavors aren't as good as the pear in Grilled Pear from NET.com. Clay gets the combinations of hybrids and tobacco choices right every time. He is somewhat of a master craftsman at pairing hybrids with compatible tobacco blends.

I also have Grilled Pear's big glamorous sister Grilled Pineapple but I haven't tried it yet. It's gotten rave reviews in the past.

Sounds great! Enjoy your order :)

VanillaLytening

Sep 17, 2016
Hey all,

I know NETs are coil killers, but thought I would just seek a little advice here. This could has had around 10ml of NET through it, I have dry burnt it and used the water steam cleaning method.

It is Kanthal and has this slight surface coating to it. Should this coil just be ditched or is it okay (safe) to keep using. I don't mind regular changing of coils but 2 tanks of juice seems to be pretty full on to replace ?? :)

View attachment 600803

What exraction method are you using ?Imo, if your not using 200proof ethanol, Its not gonna be as clean as it could it be.

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
People's Republic of Stroud
Greeting netizens,

Started experimenting with blending my Burleys, Red Virginia and Oriental single varieties from net.com.

Juices to choose from; Turkish Blend, Izmir/Oriental, Fire Cured Burley, Toasted White Burley, Burley Blast & Red Virginia.

I like strong flavours, so opted for these Burleys and the Red Virginia over the Air-Cured Burley and lighter Virginias.

First one Camel Blend Version 1:
50% Turkish Blend
30% Fire Cured Burley
20 Red Virginia

Result: really nice. I was a bit worried that the smokiness of the Fire Cured Burley would conflict with the spice from the Turkish Blend. It didn't. In fact they complemented each other very well. On it's own the FCB can become a bit one dimensional, the addition of the Orientals and the Red Virginia solved that.

Side note - I love the Turkish Blend on it's own, currently it's more complete for me than the Sun Cured Turkish or Izmir/Oriental. One I'll definately be ordering again. Just a shame the bottle is empty now I'm really mixing!!!

Next up, mixed earlier today.

Camel Blend Version 2
50% Izmir/Oriental
30% Toasted White Burley
20% Red Virginia

Smokey American Style
50% Fire Cured Burley
35% Red Virginia
15% Izmir/Oriental

Going to be a while before vaping these, I'm tanked up with Speaking Spirit and have some Eclipse to finish off. A little concerned on how the Toasted Burley will blend, but optimistic none the less.

On the Eclipse - I like it, but as with all the juices containing Smoked Latakia I sometimes just find it too much, other times I love it in small measures. The scotch whiskey of tobacco extracts.

Noted a previous post make mention of the relationship between % of extract in a blend and coil gunk not being linear i.e. an extra 25% extract can mean an extra 50% or more gunk. Apologies for not quoting the post - if you're reading thank you.

Anyways, I'd been having issues with Yesteryear (with extra extract) gunking my dripper coils very, very quickly. Bought some PG/VG at same nicotine strength and cut the juice back to normal mix i.e. 20% extract rather than 25%. Wow issue solved, coils lasting a good few hours of chain vaping.

Yesteryear by the way is a really superb cigar vape. Suits full bodied wine, spicey and strong foods. Just my thing ;-)

I also cutback my Mercenary (also extra extract) as an experiment (it's not anything like the coil killer Yesteryear is) and can now get a whole evening out of one coil/wick before gunk becomes an issue. Huge improvement.

Early days but my estimate would be that shifting from 20 to 25% extract, rather than equating to a 25% greater gunk factor, actually results in approx. an 100% increase in gunking.

I'd assume up to certain % of extract the coil burns off most of the gunk as one vapes, once a tipping point is exceeded (could be an increase in just 1% of extract!) most of extra extract becomes gunk. Of course various factors such as wick, coil and wattage will play a further part, and make that tipping point vary from user to user.

There's some reduction in fullness of taste, but right now for me it seems a decent compromise. As well as longer time between rewick and dry burns, the flavour though milder is cleaner for longer.

Right I'm off, going to mix up a 50% Red Virginia, 25% Fire Cured Burley and Izmir/Oriental next....

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
Greeting netizens,

Started experimenting with blending my Burleys, Red Virginia and Oriental single varieties from net.com.

Juices to choose from; Turkish Blend, Izmir/Oriental, Fire Cured Burley, Toasted White Burley, Burley Blast & Red Virginia.

Keep up the good work and also keep us informed on your mixes. :toast:

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Sorry, I did know it was hard for you to read.

It's not so hard to read... as it is to tell what you are saying from what you've quoted... it all looks like what the person you quoted said with no comment from you... the whole purpose of the quote tags are so everyone can tell who said what

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Greeting netizens,

I like strong flavours, so opted for these Burleys and the Red Virginia over the Air-Cured Burley and lighter Virginias.

First one Camel Blend Version 1:
50% Turkish Blend
30% Fire Cured Burley
20 Red Virginia

Result: really nice. I was a bit worried that the smokiness of the Fire Cured Burley would conflict with the spice from the Turkish Blend. It didn't. In fact they complemented each other very well. On it's own the FCB can become a bit one dimensional, the addition of the Orientals and the Red Virginia solved that.

Side note - I love the Turkish Blend on it's own, currently it's more complete for me than the Sun Cured Turkish or Izmir/Oriental. One I'll definately be ordering again. Just a shame the bottle is empty now I'm really mixing!!!

Next up, mixed earlier today.

Camel Blend Version 2
50% Izmir/Oriental
30% Toasted White Burley
20% Red Virginia

Smokey American Style
50% Fire Cured Burley
35% Red Virginia
15% Izmir/Oriental

Going to be a while before vaping these, I'm tanked up with Speaking Spirit and have some Eclipse to finish off. A little concerned on how the Toasted Burley will blend, but optimistic none the less.

On the Eclipse - I like it, but as with all the juices containing Smoked Latakia I sometimes just find it too much, other times I love it in small measures. The scotch whiskey of tobacco extracts.

Noted a previous post make mention of the relationship between % of extract in a blend and coil gunk not being linear i.e. an extra 25% extract can mean an extra 50% or more gunk. Apologies for not quoting the post - if you're reading thank you.

Anyways, I'd been having issues with Yesteryear (with extra extract) gunking my dripper coils very, very quickly. Bought some PG/VG at same nicotine strength and cut the juice back to normal mix i.e. 20% extract rather than 25%. Wow issue solved, coils lasting a good few hours of chain vaping.

Yesteryear by the way is a really superb cigar vape. Suits full bodied wine, spicey and strong foods. Just my thing ;-)

I also cutback my Mercenary (also extra extract) as an experiment (it's not anything like the coil killer Yesteryear is) and can now get a whole evening out of one coil/wick before gunk becomes an issue. Huge improvement.

Early days but my estimate would be that shifting from 20 to 25% extract, rather than equating to a 25% greater gunk factor, actually results in approx. an 100% increase in gunking.

I'd assume up to certain % of extract the coil burns off most of the gunk as one vapes, once a tipping point is exceeded (could be an increase in just 1% of extract!) most of extra extract becomes gunk. Of course various factors such as wick, coil and wattage will play a further part, and make that tipping point vary from user to user.

There's some reduction in fullness of taste, but right now for me it seems a decent compromise. As well as longer time between rewick and dry burns, the flavour though milder is cleaner for longer.

Right I'm off, going to mix up a 50% Red Virginia, 25% Fire Cured Burley and Izmir/Oriental next....
Some nice sounding recipes! I mixed sun cured Turkish, red Virginia, and a burley (air cured?) to get a camel style blend I liked. I'm enjoying this new analog blend but not sure what all clay has in it, turkish is in it I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread