Natural Tobaccos - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I've always wanted to try Real Tobacco Extract since I don't think I've tried cold macerated before, but the price stopped me. However lately I've been using concentrated extracts from NET, since I've started using Nic Salts (Smooth) from Nude Nicotine for DIY vaping 80 pg/20vg in a Myjet pod for the best flavor I've had in in my 2 1/2 years of vaping. Even better than my Kayfun clones.
I saw Real Tobacco Extract sells 3X concentrate, so I ordered 30 ml of Yendiji Turkish Leaf in the 3X concentrate at $36 with free shipping. Adding my NN nic salts (also pricey), I should come in around 50 cents a ml for 90 ml, much better than the $1 a ml for premixed from RTE. I vape 2ml a day using pods at 32 mg nic salts, maybe 3 ml a day at 18 to 24 in MTL tanks, so for a buck or a buck fifty a day I vape the best around, currently loving NETs Sun Cured Turkish extract, sometimes with a little Virginia or American Blend mixed.

Last edited:

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I used a NET.com coupon that'd been lingering on the fridge for about a year and ordered a 120ml bottle of Ariesa. i had anticipated trying this and then i believe it was @AnthonyB who posted his thoughts first.

This is a marvelous juice. it seems to me to be the progression from Excalibur to The Raven to Ariesa with each succession getting a little more complex. After running through my 120ml of The Raven i ordered a 30ml bottle of the extract which turned out very nice. Ariesa has a similar essence but a deeper mystery. I don't see an extract version of it yet.

I now want to try their other Limited Edition Cigars. I'm very happy with Clay's cigar extracts. The several i tried from MVJ never had any flavor for me despite extended hibernation. MVj's pipe extracts are sorely missed.

I may have to go back to my bottle of Ariesa after having read this :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I've always wanted to try Real Tobacco Extract since I don't think I've tried cold macerated before, but the price stopped me. However lately I've been using concentrated extracts from NET, since I've started using Nic Salts (Smooth) from Nude Nicotine for DIY vaping 80 pg/20vg in a Myjet pod for the best flavor I've had in in my 2 1/2 years of vaping. Even better than my Kayfun clones.
I saw Real Tobacco Extract sells 3X concentrate, so I ordered 30 ml of Yendiji Turkish Leaf in the 3X concentrate at $36 with free shipping. Adding my NN nic salts (also pricey), I should come in around 50 cents a ml for 90 ml, much better than the $1 a ml for premixed from RTE. I vape 2ml a day using pods at 32 mg nic salts, maybe 3 ml a day at 18 to 24 in MTL tanks, so for a buck or a buck fifty a day I vape the best around, currently loving NETs Sun Cured Turkish extract, sometimes with a little Virginia or American Blend mixed.

I got one of those juul pod mods and an Eleaf icare for the hell of it and they work well but I am surprised to hear that any pod mod would equate to a kayfun in flavor.

How is that NN nic salt? Does it have a good throat hit?

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Thanks Str8, but i know the report. They have not written the names of the nets. I am searching analysis about a named net or toboaccos.

I was going to mention that study that Strvision posted as well.

The nitrosamines in NETS are higher than in synthetic liquids but apparently at trace levels compared to cigarettes.

jonnydoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
Germany
I have googled a little bit. Burley has the most level of TSNA, virginia low and orient tobacco the lowest. The differences are big.

If the study is reffering virginia or orient tobacco nets it could be wrong if you are vaping burley nets. The difference between nets must be the same as the differences in tobaccos.

And whats about the used extraction method ? There must be a difference for example between cold maceration and hot extraction with ethanol. Nitrosamines are soluble in ethanol !

I have send a mail to Dr. Farsalinos with the questions above. Perhaps he will answere ?

Last edited:

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
The netty awards are a cool thing. I want to try some juices without tobacco in the future. Is there something similar for example a "juice award" in this board ?

For ideas on non-tobacco flavors (like fruits, bakery, desserts etc..) I'd suggest browsing this thread; https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...-3-juice-junkies-saga-continues.722360/unread At one time there was an annual awards for best e-juice but I haven't seen one around for years. Perhaps someone knows of one and can provide a link.

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
Do somebody knows a good weed flavour or juice ? I like the taste and i have tested a cbd juice but the taste was not good.

The DIY concentrate called Amsterdam by EuroFlavor; spot on citrusy goodness... I was very suitably impressed with the likeness. :cool:

Reactions: Vicman

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Question. Has the 4th Net awards been posted? I must have missed the announcement....

I haven't posted them yet but I may have an opportunity this weekend. Because of the weak response I was considering not doing the calculations at all but people have put in their time and thoughts to prepare their responses.

I will post the results this weekend.

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
I haven't posted them yet but I may have an opportunity this weekend. Because of the weak response I was considering not doing the calculations at all but people have put in their time and thoughts to prepare their responses.

I will post the results this weekend.

As far as purchasing liquids goes, my own buying habits have been far and in-between. Most eliquid I have, I extracted myself. So any response to the world of store bought liquids would be weak on my part. I believe this trend plays a part in a weaker response as folks extract liquids on their own.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
As far as purchasing liquids goes, my own buying habits have been far and in-between. Most eliquid I have, I extracted myself. So any response to the world of store bought liquids would be weak on my part. I believe this trend plays a part in a weaker response as folks extract liquids on their own.

My feelings as well. I've only bought NET.com's Ariesa in the last year and a half.

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
The Hammer has fallen on Dunhill. You may order til the end of the month at Pipes and Cigars: :-x
You've probably heard by now that all the Dunhill blends will be discontinued in the near future. We had no idea that this would be happening when we put together our calendar deals for this year, so if you're a Dunhill fan, you've caught a break because our March calendar deal is Buy 3, Get 1 Free on all Dunhill tins, and because of this email, we're going to extend it until April 4th, so you still have time to stock up! :nah:

-Russ
March Calendar Deal Dunhill Buy 3 Get 1 Free - Pipes and Cigars

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I got one of those juul pod mods and an Eleaf icare for the hell of it and they work well but I am surprised to hear that any pod mod would equate to a kayfun in flavor.

How is that NN nic salt? Does it have a good throat hit?

I've tried Smooth and Signature nic salts from NN and the signature gives a bigger hit but I prefer Smooth since I use it at 32 mg 80pg/20vg in my NET mix for my Myjet pods (36 mg for my diy peppermint ice). The pg gives enough throat hit as it is lol. Both are smoother than regular nic to me but the signature is not much smoother than regular to my taste.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I have googled a little bit. Burley has the most level of TSNA, virginia low and orient tobacco the lowest. The differences are big.

If the study is reffering virginia or orient tobacco nets it could be wrong if you are vaping burley nets. The difference between nets must be the same as the differences in tobaccos.

And whats about the used extraction method ? There must be a difference for example between cold maceration and hot extraction with ethanol. Nitrosamines are soluble in ethanol !

I have send a mail to Dr. Farsalinos with the questions above. Perhaps he will answere ?
From the reading I've done the curing method is also a big factor along with tobacco type in nitrosamines. Also some nitrosamines are in a matrix that's insoluable, so that could explain in part why the tests cited above show signifantly less nitrosamines in NETs tested than in cigarette smoke. With those NETs tested showing only 2.6 times more of the TSNA than non-net ejuice and orders of magnitude less than cigarette smoke, I'm not gonna strain a gnats behind and worry about it with my 2ml a day while fruit juice subohmers suck down 10 to 30 ml a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread