Natural Tobaccos - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
Hi all,

I am now committing myself to the purchase of e-liquids from Real tobacco Extracts LLC. Good NET vendors are hard to find nowadays other than the usual stalwarts of NET.com and Goodejuice and I've heard a lot of good things about Real tobacco Extracts. They are a bit pricey and shipping to Australia is expensive but considering I vape NETs at 12mg the juices last a long time.

Any advice would be appreciated on the flavours and Extracts. How do they compare to other vendors? Is nicotine quality good and does it have a good throat hit, what's the gunk factor, what's the recommended steep time, are the flavours robust and strong like Goodejuice or are they light and subtle the way MVJ used to be. Informational like this would be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I checked the site and they sound great. However, they are pricey as you state, but I cannot use them as they all contain PG. :grr:

Reactions: AnthonyB

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Hi all,

I am now committing myself to the purchase of e-liquids from Real Tobacco Extracts LLC. Good NET vendors are hard to find nowadays other than the usual stalwarts of NET.com and Goodejuice and I've heard a lot of good things about Real Tobacco Extracts. They are a bit pricey and shipping to Australia is expensive but considering I vape NETs at 12mg the juices last a long time.

Any advice would be appreciated on the flavours and Extracts. How do they compare to other vendors? Is nicotine quality good and does it have a good throat hit, what's the gunk factor, what's the recommended steep time, are the flavours robust and strong like Goodejuice or are they light and subtle the way MVJ used to be. Informational like this would be helpful.

I wish I could be more precise, let alone scientific.
That said. I've never tried Goodejuice, but always enjoy NET.com stuff.
Real Extracts gunk far less than NET.com. I've got their English, Kentucky Burley and Ry4. They're now a good 6 months old and perhaps a bit older. At first, compared to NET, I found them a bit too mildly flavored. Not at all bad, just mild and somewhat "pure" vs. NET. I always found NET's juices perfectly flavored out of the mailbox. So, I put them away, not to deliberately age them, but just because I wasn't thrilled.
When I tried them again recently, I loved the English and Burley. I'm no expert at all when it comes to net's in general, so take my comments with that in mind. The only other true net's I've had have been NET.com.
But, the Real Extracts have turned into really good juices for me, and I'll definitely get them again. i'll also keep buying NET.com, but there is a certain clarity and purity to Real Extracts that really pleases me.
They're not talked alot about, so if you get them I'll be looking forward to your opinion.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I wish I could be more precise, let alone scientific.
That said. I've never tried Goodejuice, but always enjoy NET.com stuff.
Real Extracts gunk far less than NET.com. I've got their English, Kentucky Burley and Ry4. They're now a good 6 months old and perhaps a bit older. At first, compared to NET, I found them a bit too mildly flavored. Not at all bad, just mild and somewhat "pure" vs. NET. I always found NET's juices perfectly flavored out of the mailbox. So, I put them away, not to deliberately age them, but just because I wasn't thrilled.
When I tried them again recently, I loved the English and Burley. I'm no expert at all when it comes to net's in general, so take my comments with that in mind. The only other true net's I've had have been NET.com.
But, the Real Extracts have turned into really good juices for me, and I'll definitely get them again. i'll also keep buying NET.com, but there is a certain clarity and purity to Real Extracts that really pleases me.
They're not talked alot about, so if you get them I'll be looking forward to your opinion.

Thanks newyork!

For some reason I was under the impression that the juices from Real Tobacco Extracts were more robust and gunky. Not sure why I thought that.

The idea of a cleaner and purer juice appeals nowadays to me.

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
Thanks newyork!

For some reason I was under the impression that the juices from Real Tobacco Extracts were more robust and gunky. Not sure why I thought that.

The idea of a cleaner and purer juice appeals nowadays to me.

Well I filled up my Rose 3 yesterday night, left some N.E.T in there, quite an Amber colour.... so not the gunkiest, and I still haven't had to change my wick...

Reactions: AnthonyB

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
From April next year eliquid will be illegal to sell within the City of San Francisco. The Flavored Tobacco Sales Restriction Ordinance bans flavors in all tobacco products without exemption.

Since the FDA’s deeming rule of last year legally confers “tobacco” status on vape, and since all eliquid is flavored, it will not be permissible to sell any vape juice when the rule comes into effect... :-x

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
From April next year eliquid will be illegal to sell within the City of San Francisco. The Flavored Tobacco Sales Restriction Ordinance bans flavors in all tobacco products without exemption.

Since the FDA’s deeming rule of last year legally confers “tobacco” status on vape, and since all eliquid is flavored, it will not be permissible to sell any vape juice when the rule comes into effect... :-x
Rediculous, yet they still sell fags

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016

Tobacco is known to kill, im not saying youll die if you smoke it, but it is VERY VERY well known to kill

Reactions: checkum

Kickingthesticks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 6, 2016
    I'm having mixed feelings about net eliquid. It tastes so real to a cigar or tobacco. After quitting smoking for 2 years and finally trying some net juice. Guess I'm just feeling guilty, and mad that this stuff taste so good. I mean the whole point of vaping for me was to get away from tobacco products lol.

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    I understand. On the other hand, I'm having problems with juices these days. The only ones that turn me on, or I should say don't turn me off, are just unflavored, or a couple of very simple fruits [such as Highbrow Eve's Apple] or some real tobacco ones [NET or Real Extracts]. They don't make me yearn for a cig. It's just that almost all of the juices I have which are "creative" attempts to be fun or good or delicious, turn out mediocre or just strange tasting. Not to mention that so many contain ingredients such as sucralose, which I won't eat, therefore won't vape.

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 6, 2016
    I'm having mixed feelings about net eliquid. It tastes so real to a cigar or tobacco. After quitting smoking for 2 years and finally trying some net juice. Guess I'm just feeling guilty, and mad that this stuff taste so good. I mean the whole point of vaping for me was to get away from tobacco products lol.
    Mate you can't compare N.E.T's to real tobacco, you don't get that horrible burning taste going down your throat, you don't get the "potentially" fatal health risks, and you don't get yellow teeth

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
    Sep 13, 2016
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    I completely agree:
    forgot to mention that the owner is really good, helpful and honest;
    not sure why they're not talked about more, except that it feels like folks are going more for sweet and desserty type juice;
    certainly less coil clogging than NETs;

checkum

ECF Veteran
    May 8, 2014
    Missouri, USA
    I completely agree:
    forgot to mention that the owner is really good, helpful and honest;
    not sure why they're not talked about more, except that it feels like folks are going more for sweet and desserty type juice;
    certainly less coil clogging than NETs;

And I say clog away..............

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    I was happy to see Real Extracts come up in a thread here. I have wondered for years why nobody seemed to discuss them. I vape the Real Extracts exclusively for the last three years. Here is my take on them:
    They are exactly right for me as I smoked quality tobacco for over 40 years and nothing else would do that wasn't a real tobacco flavor. RTE is delicious and hits my tobacco sweet spot.
    I have tried them all (many sampled). I like the Burley and Virginia blend (Cowboy) in my big tank and I rotate between the various cigar flavors in my second tank (Kayfun) with an occasional Maple or blackberry. They are all very clean and pure flavors. I love 'em.
    They are very pure whole leaf extracts without any additives or sweeteners - perfect for my taste. Not sweet or gunky and they are well filtered and always transparent. The flavors are leaf specific which allows me a way to blend the flavor notes to my taste as they are all compatible with each other. Yes, they are pricey compared to other cheaper juices that did not satisfy me - why should I compare? Maybe in my next life I will better tolerate cheap juice - but it doesn't matter to me as flavor is what I am willing to pay for (still cheaper than imported cigs and cigars).
    I met the owner Evan of Real Extracts in a local vape shop here in Seattle years ago. Nice guy and very serious tobacco aficionado. I have been hooked on Real Extracts ever since. I talk to him occasionally. I don't have to pay for shipping here locally so my cost may be less than others. It is a small artisan project so he doesn't advertise much, if at all. I think that he caters to others like himself that appreciate high quality tobacco flavors but don't want to smoke anymore.
    I haven't tried other juices in a long time but before I found RTE I did use Goodejuice, NET.com and tried Blacknote. Goodejuice was tasty but too sweet and they use some synthetic flavors that put me off. NET.com was good but had a "cooked" impression as many were muddy in flavor and appearance. Black Note had nice flavor notes but the extracts were over-diluted and very weak in strength.
    Real Tobacco Extracts do gunk more than unsweetened synthetic juice but significantly less than other NET's. Blacknote was not too gunky but I think that is because the flavor extract levels are very low.

I hope my experience is useful to you. RTE is a wonderful product. It works for me.

Thanks Boilerguy. Your review was very helpful in allowing me to understand where RTE lives in the flavour - gunk matrix.

I tried logging into the site a few nights ago with a password I had set 2 years ago (and still to date have not put in an order) and got locked out of the system for too many attempts to login. Next thing you know, just 3 minutes later I get a missed call on my phone . I checked my message bank and it was Evan telling me he restored my account.

I am in Australia so that was amazing customer service.

Last edited:
    Reactions: checkum

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    I have put in an order for Vaperite NETs for the first time in 5 or 6 years. I notice that the 2010 award winning VR4 is still available as are the 777, Burley and honey horn Virginia I used to love. It will be interesting to see how my taste buds register these flavours I used to love when I first ventured into NETs and when Vaperite was the only other vendor apart from Want2Vape making NETs. There has been a lot of water under the bridge since then and a lot of different NETs so it will be fascinating to see if the Vaperite juices still rare.

Can't wait to try them again and I will be sure to put up a review once I have.

Last edited:

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    Thanks Boilerguy. Your review was very helpful in allowing me to understand where RTE lives in the flavour - gunk matrix.

I tried logging into the site a few nights ago with a password I had set 2 years ago (and still to date have not put in an order) and got locked out of the system for too many attempts to login. Next thing you know, just 3 minutes later I get a missed call on my phone . I checked my message bank and it was Evan telling me he restored my account.

I am in Australia so that was amazing customer service.

Agreed.
    when I placed my first order with RTE, Evan called to make sure I got it right and spoke to me about my preferences to make sure I ordered the correct stuff for me. And (granted this was when samples were legal) we talked about what flavors I like, and he included a couple which we thought I would like.
    Truly, he's a great vendor.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 13, 2014

Celebrating our 4th year in business, we are having a​
    Customer Appreciation Sale!
    20% Off your entire order,
    no coupon code needed
    (automatically applied at checkout).
    Sale begins NOW (July 12th, 2017) and
    ends at 11:59 P.M. CST Friday, July 14th, 2017.
    We thank you for your support, and Happy Vaping!
    -Clay and Chelsae
    (your N-E-T team)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread