Not open for further replies.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
@Thunderthud54
I've just recently swapped cotton wicks for rayon in the tank I use for NETs.
The wick/coil lasts amazingly longer. Can't quantify it, but my gut feel says it certainly lasts 3 times longer before the wick/coil are gunked.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
@AnthonyB
Although I do like the RTE's, I still much prefer NET.com for flavor, though they also do gunk quicker.
I've been pretty well stocked up, so haven't ordered any NET for quite a while, and hope that NET.com does not fall into the category of "not what they used to be."

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
There is no one mod that is best for a NET vs any other type or flavor eliquid any more than this is any one best flavor. Granted one area that may have some exception to that statement... that a NET is often times a bit more gunky on the coils than another non-NET type of juice.

You'll see two main camps when it comes to the type of mod that a vaper may choose. The lower wattage type and the higher wattage types. Typically ( but not always ), a lower wattage vaper is likely to using an atomizer with a tighter draw on it... like a Kayfun as one of many examples. A higher wattage vaper is probably looking to have more air volume in the draw they prefer. Both types can experience a lot of flavor.

So you will still have to find out which type of vaping that you prefer... then you can look at what mod best fits that preference. There are no right answers here other than the one that satisfies your needs best.

A low power mod will typically be vaped in the 6w - 15w range with the likely averages being in the middle somewhere ( like 9w-13w range ). Typical atomizer coils will probably be in the 1.3Ω to 2.1Ω range but does vary but seldom goes below the 1Ω mark if ever. The atomizers will usually have a fairly tight draw to them. Most will likely vape mouth to lung, this is where you first pull the vapor into your mouth before inhaling it further into your lungs.

With a higher power mod... the wattage range will likely be above the 25w range. Most will be using coils that are 0.5Ω and lower. The wicks in these atomizers will be larger so more liquid can be wicked and air be looser so more air is drawn in... these two factors allow the higher power without burning the eliquids since there is more cooling. Most will vape direct to the lungs to help accommodate the higher air flow.

The flavor is more about how saturated the amount of air that is being drawn in... which is why both low and high power vapers can both enjoy a lot of flavor as long as they are setup for it.

Many of the newer mods will have ranges that let you vape from a lower wattage up to a higher wattage... I'd suggest something that goes up to at least the 40-60w range to start and make certain it also covers the lower wattages as well until you determine where you like to vape at. The type of atomizer will be more important as to whether is is best for lower or higher powers than the mod itself. I'd also suggest getting one that has temp control on it... you don't have to use it at first if you are intimidated by it, but it'd be a nice option to have later as you learn more about things.

Update: After getting some really good suggestions here on purchasing mods (ended up with 3 Eleaf TC75 Picos and one Hcigar vt75 Nano - thanks again!) I finally got into rebuilding, but not till after 6 months of using aspire coils that didn't last long vaping my favorite of all, my NET... Took me long enough, haha!....... The good news is that I am rocking it now on a new Kayfun mini3 and getting unbelievable flavor and loving every vape - honestly, if I'd known it was this easy and tasted SOOOO MUCH better, I'd of rebuilt sooner!!

Ok, so my questions for fellow NET e-liquid lovers:

1) how often do you rewick when vaping NET on your rebuildable? (And do you always get a new coil or dry burn it till it's clearly time for a new one?) and

2) can you recommend a really good NET Menthol liquid besides black Note SOLO? Especially now since getting such amazing flavor, I need a less expensive alternative.

Hope you all are in good health and good spirits, and vaping on....!

Keith

Great post Rdsok.

I've been vaping for several years and have also moved into sub-ohming as of a couple of years ago ever since the Aspire Atlantis came out. However one thing has never changed and that is that I vape NETs with mouth to lung devices.

In the last couple of years I've been vaping NETs in various MTL devices I've accumulated over the years from 306 atomizers to Kanger aerotank and Nautilus minis.

As we all know NETs gunk up atomizers and as soon as the accumulation of burnt materials begins the taste is affected long before the gunking forces us to change a coil.

Recently I've been sampling my stockpile of juices to assess what's good and what's bad to declutter what I have, particularly because I have a lot of juices that went bad on me after refrigerating them and not taking proper precautions when removing them from the fridge.

So recently I decided to get back into rebuilding for mouth to lung vaping. I dug under my pile of long forgotten rebuildables and founded my Phoenix 3 (the smaller one that came before the immensely popular Phoenix 4 when rebuilding just started to be a thing).

The Phoenix 3 has a small chamber just big enough to stick a single coil 4 or 5 wrap 28 gauge kanthal build. I used an old style silica based wick.

The flavor was superb. I knew which juices were good and which were off immediately. The flavour in Rebuildables is so crisp and pure that I could tell which juices were good and which were off.

I had gotten so used to vaping my NETs in fixed system MTL tanks and atomizers that I forgot just how good using MTL rebuildables could be for flavor. The best part of rebuildables with NETs is how the coil can be changed of dry burnt as regularly as necessary to ensure we aren't vaping on flavour deteriorating gunky coils any longer than necesssry.

I have a clone Kayfun 3 mini and clone GT 3 laying around somewhere and I am inspired to use them now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Please forgive me for messing up the above post. I was trying to reply to the post that starts with "There is no one mod".... and ends with "nice option to have later.. that was written by rdsok, and somehow got it all screwed up. MY post starts with "Update: after getting some good suggestions and ends with "Keith". Oh brother. Hope you'all can make some sense out above message now. Will try to do a better job next time...

Great post Keith.

Most of that post was mine but he messed up the quote and didn't know how to correct it... not that it matters since "we stand on the shoulders of those that came before us" as it were... While they were my own words, they still contained the information I'd learned from my own experience and what others also said.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Anthony, I have to agree with you on the changes in some NETs' taste 100%.
I also have to add that even some tins of tobacco, I have bought recently, do not even resemble the aroma or taste when extracted and vaping!

I am glad I am not the only one. I've noticed this across the board with many popular NET vendors.

If I were to take a complete stab in the dark as to the reasons I would say these vendors stocked up on ingredients during the peak periods of NET demands a few years ago and had aging stock not being sold after the deeming regulations were announced. Another impact on the demand for NETs may be the shifting market for sub ohm devices in which NETS are not really conducive. Sub-ohming has changed the market for NETs.

Reactions: checkum

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Most of that post was mine but he messed up the quote and didn't know how to correct it... not that it matters since "we stand on the shoulders of those that came before us" as it were... While they were my own words, they still contained the information I'd learned from my own experience and what others also said.

Yeah the quote messed up in my post as well and I had to play with the quote command to get it right!

I have to say, while I was reading the post it kind of reminded me of your usual well written prose when giving advice. Now it all makes sense!

Thunderthud54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2016
Tallahassee, Florida

So sorry about that, too, rdsok. I tried very hard to edit it and wanted all to know that was YOUR post to me and I was trying to reply to it.

Reactions: AnthonyB

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
So sorry about that, too, rdsok. I tried very hard to edit it and wanted all to know that was YOUR post to me and I was trying to reply to it.

No worries...

When quoting a post... there are start and end quote tags.... leaving those alone and typing your own reply outside of them should give you the results you were looking for. .... I'll give an example of the tags but with an extra space in them so the forum doesn't try to use them...

start quote will be like [ quote="username" ]
end quote will be just [ /quote ]

There can be additional info such as the post number and member number as well so also leave those alone when making edits. Leaving off any of those ( like the brackets etc ) will mess up how the quote is shown.

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
Sep 13, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
I'm glad to get a warning about Patriot as I was ready to place another order. Think I'll pass, and it's a real shame that such a good juice is no more. I've had some different tasting juice from Mountain Oak, but when I gave them one final try the stuff I got tasted like what I was used to. So probably not a problem with ingredients as much as possibly a variation in mixing.

I honestly haven't had any other problems with my NETS going downhill as I buy more and more from Clay. If there's been any change I'd say they're getting even better. Over the last couple of years and 7 or 8 orders, I've wandered through his menu and tried a whole bunch of stuff. I continue to be amazed that I have never once gotten a subpar juice. Yes, there were two or three that just didn't "pop" for me, but I vaped every drop and still enjoyed the experience.

I just got another order this week with 5 of the 6 bottles being new to me. And once again, I have more favorites as the flavor is tremendous. I can't wait for them to steep, but one problem with the N.E.T line is that most of it is so good right out of the package it's tough to get a bottle to last enough for a good aging.

No relation whatsoever to the guy, but just seriously impressed with a company that does everything it promises and at a very fair price.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I'm glad to get a warning about Patriot as I was ready to place another order. Think I'll pass, and it's a real shame that such a good juice is no more. I've had some different tasting juice from Mountain Oak, but when I gave them one final try the stuff I got tasted like what I was used to. So probably not a problem with ingredients as much as possibly a variation in mixing.

I honestly haven't had any other problems with my NETS going downhill as I buy more and more from Clay. If there's been any change I'd say they're getting even better. Over the last couple of years and 7 or 8 orders, I've wandered through his menu and tried a whole bunch of stuff. I continue to be amazed that I have never once gotten a subpar juice. Yes, there were two or three that just didn't "pop" for me, but I vaped every drop and still enjoyed the experience.

I just got another order this week with 5 of the 6 bottles being new to me. And once again, I have more favorites as the flavor is tremendous. I can't wait for them to steep, but one problem with the N.E.T line is that most of it is so good right out of the package it's tough to get a bottle to last enough for a good aging.

No relation whatsoever to the guy, but just seriously impressed with a company that does everything it promises and at a very fair price.

Did you order from NET.com on one of their 20% discount sales?

I've had what appear to be subpar juices from every NET Vendor lately and I don't know if it's my taste buds or the juices or an onset of PG
Allergy which would be weird after 8 years of vaping.

The NETs I am vaping have a cat piss room note and leave a kind of residue or gunky feeling on my
Tongue. Occasionally I am getting headaches.

This is why I want to give new vendors a go. I want to know if I am going off NETs or have gotten unlucky with a bad batch or two. I have always loved NETs so I am not included to believe my tastes have changed that much.

I completely gave up smoking 8 months ago after smoking a few day for years at the same time as vaping so it's possible that my taste buds have changed.

By the way, Give the patriot one last chance. It's not the same Patriot but it's still pretty good and Goodejuice always use good quality nicotine and ingredients.

Last edited:

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
If you use VG, Bulk Apothecary has a big sale {26% off listed price} on their USP, Kosher vegetable glycerin.
P.S. They sell by weight... example 10 lbs equals one gallon.

Web site for glycerin:Glycerin

We'll beat any competitors price GUARANTEED! As one of the nation's largest suppliers of glycerin, we have about 1 million lbs. available and ready to ship. For a limited time take 26% off all Glycerin Sizes.

Glycerin Prices after discount:

16oz. - - $2.90 / bottle

10 lb. jug - $9.91 / jug

50 lb. pail - $39.68 / pail

55 gallon drum ~ $.59 / lb.

4-55 gallon drums. ~ $.55 / lb.

72 drum truckload ~ $.50 / lb.

45000 lb. tank truck ~ $.385 / lb.

Simply use coupon code VGSALE at checkout this week only.

(This coupon offer is not valid with other coupon offers, custom quotes or other discounts. Expires Sunday at midnight)

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
Did you order from NET.com on one of their 20% discount sales?...

...The NETs I am vaping have a cat piss room note and leave a kind of residue or gunky feeling on my
Tongue...

Yes, I stocked up during the sale. I had made another big order about 6 weeks ago but couldn't resist the discount.

As for the cat piss thing, there is one of the flavor companies' honey mixtures that is famous for that. Apparently, it is so distinct and awful that it's nearly broken up marriages.

Don't remember what you are vaping or who you like to order from, but I have never had anything close to that sort of experience with the name brand sellers recommended here.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Yes, I stocked up during the sale. I had made another big order about 6 weeks ago but couldn't resist the discount.

As for the cat piss thing, there is one of the flavor companies' honey mixtures that is famous for that. Apparently, it is so distinct and awful that it's nearly broken up marriages.

Don't remember what you are vaping or who you like to order from, but I have never had anything close to that sort of experience with the name brand sellers recommended here.

I ordered from the 20% discount sale in May so it could be the same sale.

Have you been vaping those? I got a massive order from that sale.

Reactions: boomerdude

Kalifas

Jul 10, 2017
Chicago
Hi, I'm a new vaper and looking for some recommendations! I was never a big fan of cigars, but loved my cigs. I smoked Marlboro Lights for years and years but recently switched to American Spirit Gold (same as the yellow packs but organic). Gold is American Spirit's "Light" cigarette, but was still a little stronger than the Marlboro Lights. I've been looking at some sites, but I'm just a little overwhelmed (I was never a tobacco connoisseur).

Does anyone have any recommendations? I guess I'm basically looking for something that's like a light cigarette.

Reactions: 67Tele

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Hi, I'm a new vaper and looking for some recommendations! I was never a big fan of cigars, but loved my cigs. I smoked Marlboro Lights for years and years but recently switched to American Spirit Gold (same as the yellow packs but organic). Gold is American Spirit's "Light" cigarette, but was still a little stronger than the Marlboro Lights. I've been looking at some sites, but I'm just a little overwhelmed (I was never a tobacco connoisseur).

Does anyone have any recommendations? I guess I'm basically looking for something that's like a light cigarette.
I believe this liquid may have been extracted from the exact same tobacco you smoked.

Organic Spirit

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
Sep 13, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Thunderthud54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2016
Tallahassee, Florida

Thanks for your post, GeekyGeeser. And Clay is affiliated with what company? I've only tried one company's NET (by the end of 4ml, their menthol flavor became my ADV), so very interested in your post, as open to trying new ones. On that note, I don't remember now who was singing RTE' praises because very happy, but I'm giving their Cowboy Menthol a try - when I get it, will let you'all know how I like. Am already impressed with the personal service I received by Evan - I placed my order and my phone rang - he was wanting to know what level of menthol I like. Cool.. (but not Kool, haha). Hope all having a great evening wherever you are!

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
Thanks for your post, GeekyGeeser. And Clay is affiliated with what company? I've only tried one company's NET (by the end of 4ml, their menthol flavor became my ADV), so very interested in your post, as open to trying new ones. On that note, I don't remember now who was singing RTE' praises because very happy, but I'm giving their Cowboy Menthol a try - when I get it, will let you'all know how I like. Am already impressed with the personal service I received by Evan - I placed my order and my phone rang - he was wanting to know what level of menthol I like. Cool.. (but not Kool, haha). Hope all having a great evening wherever you are!

Sorry for not being more clear. Clay is the owner of Naturally-Extracted-Tobacco.com

I've never tried any of his menthol stuff, but have to believe it would be as good or better than the excellent non-menthol flavors I've tried.

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
In a somewhat extraordinary and unexpected development Scott Gottlieb, the newly appointed head of FDA, has announced that the submission deadline for PMTAs is to be delayed until 2022.
This is a de-facto endorsement of the vaping industry and heads off the cataclysmic demise that was set in motion by the previous administration. :rickroll::toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread