Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
That used to be how DVAP made grand entrances. He would not be around anywhere for months and then just pop up with a trite little comment that would have the effect of stunning the audience. His would post out of nowhere almost bland and matter of factly post as though he had been here all along like Katy Perry showing up at a poker game saying 'don't mind me but you should have folded that pair of twos, just saying'

I see you learnt from the master, Mr Mann? :)

How are you Mr Mann?! Are you still a Mr Mom ? What have you been vaping lately?

I stalked you a few weeks ago to see you are still around, albeit on other sites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The biggest thing I've learned from DVap is that I ain't him! LOL

All is well. I popped up because I was vaping an NET/WTA juice from UMBA. I kinda got to missing this thread. It's definitely been awhile.

p.s. The tob juice from UMBA tastes like a fire-cured tobacco with a helluva bite! Of course it ain't AeJ, but no other is. On its own though -- not comparing it to AeJ -- it's pretty good.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Wow, that's quite the investment but I'm intrigued.
I'd be interested to know a few things if you have the time...

Which sample packs did you order?
What strength nic you ordered and also what the throat hit is like?
Also, please could you let me know the shipping cost? I'm based in the uk but i'm guessing International shipping costs will be the same.

Thanks, and above all, enjoy!! :)

I order the following:

Cigarette/pipe sampler pack
Cigar packs #1 and #3
The liquor/spirit sampler pack which Evan created at my request because he didn't have a sampler pack for all the spirit based tobaccos :)

Shipping to Sydney, Aus was $34

I got 12mg nicotine and the throat hit is perfect: a solid clean throat hit with a bit of a thump. It's exactly the kind of throat hit a NET should have. Evan is not using smooth nicotine apparently.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
The biggest thing I've learned from DVap is that I ain't him! LOL

All is well. I popped up because I was vaping an NET/WTA juice from UMBA. I kinda got to missing this thread. It's definitely been awhile.

p.s. The tob juice from UMBA tastes like a fire-cured tobacco with a helluva bite! Of course it ain't AeJ, but no other is. On its own though -- not comparing it to AeJ -- it's pretty good.

Glad to hear Aromaejuice is still making good WTA. I've nearly run out of the special WTA I got 3 years ago lol

3 years on and the WTA is still of a good quality.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
My Real Tobacco Extracts has landed! I ordered 4 sampler packs and Evan was kind enough to throw in an extra bottle for each sampler pack I ordered to make up a little something for the high international shipping costs. Evan has been professional and attentive and generous as well.

I am excited about this order because it is the first substantial NET order I have ordered from a significant and reputable NET vendor for the first time since I ordered Black Note a couple of years ago. I've known about RTE for years but never ordered from the vendor because of the relatively expensive selling price.

Before long I will know if these liquids are as good as the other established vendors and whether the price is commensurate with the quality of the liquids.

PS: I just tried my first liquid and it's the Havana #2. I must say I am impressed already. The juice tastes and smells fresh. No cat urine room note anywhere. The cigar taste is spot on. It has good clarity and tastes clean. As an aside, I am using an Igo L with a spaced coil at 1.4 ohms. I have not used an Igo L in 5 years at least!

c9a07a53fb6547d0525bc2197ab1ba37.jpg

Since I was one who spoke well of RTE, I'm looking forward to your comments. Absolutely right about Evan. He really cares about his products.
And I have to ask about the cat urine room note. Since I loath that smell after an unfortunate experience with our felines, what liquids gave you that "note."

Mr Steeps

Feb 5, 2017
I order the following:

Cigarette/pipe sampler pack
Cigar packs #1 and #3
The liquor/spirit sampler pack which Evan created at my request because he didn't have a sampler pack for all the spirit based tobaccos :)

Shipping to Sydney, Aus was $34

I got 12mg nicotine and the throat hit is perfect: a solid clean throat hit with a bit of a thump. It's exactly the kind of throat hit a NET should have. Evan is not using smooth nicotine apparently.
Thanks so much for the info, I may take the plunge at some point. I had another look at the website and there are quite a lot that tempt me so it'd be great to hear more of your thoughts once you've had the chance to go through a few of your samples.

Thunderthud54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2016
Tallahassee, Florida
My Real Tobacco Extracts has landed! I ordered 4 sampler packs and Evan was kind enough to throw in an extra bottle for each sampler pack I ordered to make up a little something for the high international shipping costs. Evan has been professional and attentive and generous as well.

I am excited about this order because it is the first substantial NET order I have ordered from a significant and reputable NET vendor for the first time since I ordered Black Note a couple of years ago. I've known about RTE for years but never ordered from the vendor because of the relatively expensive selling price.

Before long I will know if these liquids are as good as the other established vendors and whether the price is commensurate with the quality of the liquids.

PS: I just tried my first liquid and it's the Havana #2. I must say I am impressed already. The juice tastes and smells fresh. No cat urine room note anywhere. The cigar taste is spot on. It has good clarity and tastes clean. As an aside, I am using an Igo L with a spaced coil at 1.4 ohms. I have not used an Igo L in 5 years at least!

c9a07a53fb6547d0525bc2197ab1ba37.jpg

I would also like to know which e-juice gave you cat urine room notes, too, and if this something that can happen maybe if a e-juice is too old? I'd also like to know how your coils do with RTE, since I'm learning the filtration different companies use can make a big difference in how quick coils get gunked up. Maybe not as big an issue for those that build our own, but I also still have set-ups with tanks I buy coils for (i.e. Nautilus Mini and Triton mini).

Reactions: checkum

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Since I was one who spoke well of RTE, I'm looking forward to your comments. Absolutely right about Evan. He really cares about his products.
And I have to ask about the cat urine room note. Since I loath that smell after an unfortunate experience with our felines, what liquids gave you that "note."

I've sampled a few of the The RTE liquids now. They are clean. I've started to get used to gunky and flat two dimensional tasting liquids of late from our favorite vendors who must have felt the pinch of dropping demand after the deeming regs ravaged the NET industry along with the changing landscape of vaping with the proliferation of sub ohm vaping. Pure speculation on my behalf.
However Evan has stuck true to the passion for NETs and his customer service and product has all the hallmarks of a enthusiastic vendor starting out with a young enterprise.

Initially when trying the Havana #2 I detected what appeared to be the taste of coil 'hot legs' or hot spots , which was common when rebuildables first started when hot spots were a common thing. It wasn't unpleasant like a bad hot spot but I can be fastidious about coils heating unevenly. I actually rebuilt some coils thinking I had hot spots until I realized that I wasn't getting hot spots and that it was how the juice tasted. Once I identified the flavor of the juice I realized that what I was confusing with minor hotspots was a clean, crisp, dry cigar taste with no sweetness. From there it was all love. This is how a cigar maceration is supposed to taste.

I've also sampled the PA Oscura Maduro and that Ecuadorian Shade. Both pack a punch. The PA Oscura has chocolate notes with a solid cigary dry woodiness and Earth.

The Ecuadorian Shade is bang on a Shade. I do like a good Shade Tobacco and its mellow low key leafiness. I really enjoyed Goodejuice's Shade Tobacco which was a bit sweeter. The RTE Ecuadorian Shade is drier and more ashy but still a clean filtered liquid.

There is real clarity in RTE's juices. They achieve a good balance between flavor and cleanliness. I've gone through 4mls of the Havana #2 n the G T 3 and I've still got what tastes like a clean coil.

I think Evan has ensured that he doesn't veer into the efficient high turnover production of warm maceration and stuck with the more patient cold maceration method which is why there is a cleaner flavor with greater clarity in the juices.

Evan maintains that he uses a 2-3 month cold Mac method and filters the juices twice or three times at 3-5 microns if I am not mistaken.

I am also enjoying the throat hit from the nicotine which is crisp and fresh tasting.

The price is on the expensive side but vaping these juices at 12mg gives me plenty of mileage and at the end of the day, vaping a 3mg juice at 100 watts at $15 a bottle is no more affordable than vaping a 12mg juice at $30 for a 30 ml bottle.

Last edited:

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
I've sampled a few of the The RTE liquids now. They are clean.
I think Evan has ensured that he doesn't veer into the efficient high turnover production of warm maceration and stuck with the more patient cold maceration method which is why there is a cleaner flavor with greater clarity in the juices.

Evan maintains that he uses a 2-3 month cold Mac method and filters the juices twice or three times at 3-5 microns if I am not mistaken.

I am also enjoying the throat hit from the nicotine which is crisp and fresh tasting.

The price is on the expensive side but vaping these juices at 12mg gives me plenty of mileage and at the end of the day, vaping a 3mg juice at 100 watts at $15 a bottle is no more affordable than vaping a 12mg juice at $30 for a 30 ml bottle.

I have to congratulate Evan on his stanch adherence to cold maceration and good filtering techniques. I only wish I could buy several of his liquids.
However, with my allergy toward PG {cough and rash} alas I cannot purchase even one. :grr:

Last edited:
Reactions: AnthonyB

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I have to congratulate Evan on his stanch adherence to cold maceration and good filtering techniques. I only wish I could buy several of his liquids.
However, with my allergy toward PG {cough and rash} alas I cannot purchase even one. :grr:

I am not sure what composition of PG/Vg the Extracts are but if you purchased the Extracts and top them up with pure VG wouldn't the percentage of PG be low enough to prevent the allergic reaction ?

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
I am not sure what composition of PG/Vg the Extracts are but if you purchased the Extracts and top them up with pure VG wouldn't the percentage of PG be low enough to prevent the allergic reaction ?

I tried it and it wrecked my throat. I used to be able to do 70/30 PG/VG! After a year or so it hit me like a ton of bricks, couldn't do any percentage.

Reactions: AnthonyB

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
Sep 13, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Mr Steeps

Feb 5, 2017
I'm in love with the House of Liquid range, in particular the slight throat hit they give, but i've been unable to replicate it with my own NETs. HOL mix their juices at 60/40 pg/vg and I'm vaping them at 5mg strength but I can't seem to get that same throat hit with a bit of a "nasal sensation" (for want of a better description lol) on the exhale with the NETs i've mixed. I understand the pg contributes to the throat hit but even at 80/20 with 5mg nic my NETs don't pack the same punch.
I've tried FA Flash but that doesn't give me what I'm looking for so if anyone has any suggestions on how I might get my NETs closer to HOL that would be hugely appreciated...

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
I'm in love with the House of Liquid range, in particular the slight throat hit they give, but i've been unable to replicate it with my own NETs. HOL mix their juices at 60/40 pg/vg and I'm vaping them at 5mg strength but I can't seem to get that same throat hit with a bit of a "nasal sensation" (for want of a better description lol) on the exhale with the NETs i've mixed. I understand the pg contributes to the throat hit but even at 80/20 with 5mg nic my NETs don't pack the same punch.
I've tried FA Flash but that doesn't give me what I'm looking for so if anyone has any suggestions on how I might get my NETs closer to HOL that would be hugely appreciated...

Have you considered using a stronger ratio/strength? Say somewhere between a 10 and say 18% instead of a 5% one?

Reactions: Mr Steeps

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
If I am understanding your question, you're referring to NET's you mixed yourself? If so, it could be your nicotine. Some give a good throat hit where others are smooth. My nicotine level is 6% mg and notice Nude Nicotine (NN) being relatively smooth with little to no throat hit. Whereas, nic bought from MyFreedomSmokes (MFS) provides a little throat hit. This comes from a little bit of a pepper taste I get from the MFS nic. I really don't get that from NN. There are many different brands of nicotine to choose from. Here is a thread in the DIY section about different nicotine brands which may help find what you're looking for if it is your nic that is not providing what you desire:
Nicotine Comparisons

Mr Steeps

Feb 5, 2017
Have you considered using a stronger ratio/strength? Say somewhere between a 10 and say 18% instead of a 5% one?
That has crossed my mind, although as HOL can achieve that throat hit with 5mg strength I was hoping to avoid having to up the level of nicotine. The satisfaction of vaping at 5mg is still there, it's just the "thump" that's lacking, if that makes sense. Thanks though, I will give this a bit more thought as it could be the solution.

If I am understanding your question, you're referring to NET's you mixed yourself? If so, it could be your nicotine. Some give a good throat hit where others are smooth. My nicotine level is 6% mg and notice Nude Nicotine (NN) being relatively smooth with little to no throat hit. Whereas, nic bought from MyFreedomSmokes (MFS) provides a little throat hit. This comes from a little bit of a pepper taste I get from the MFS nic. I really don't get that from NN. There are many different brands of nicotine to choose from. Here is a thread in the DIY section about different nicotine brands which may help find what you're looking for if it is your nic that is not providing what you desire:
Nicotine Comparisons
Your understanding is spot on and you make a great point regarding different types of nicotine. Thank you for the link, i will check it out...

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
That has crossed my mind, although as HOL can achieve that throat hit with 5mg strength I was hoping to avoid having to up the level of nicotine. The satisfaction of vaping at 5mg is still there, it's just the "thump" that's lacking, if that makes sense. Thanks though, I will give this a bit more thought as it could be the solution.

Your understanding is spot on and you make a great point regarding different types of nicotine. Thank you for the link, i will check it out...

I thought you were talking about the strength of the liquid and not nicotine.

Reactions: Mr Steeps

Mr Steeps

Feb 5, 2017
I thought you were talking about the strength of the liquid and not nicotine.
Ah sorry if i wasn't clear! I've been heat macerating and mixing the extract at about 20% for pipe tobacco, 30% for cigars... do you think the hit could be improved by upping the extract %? Can't believe i didn't think of that but i'll happily give it a try :)

Reactions: checkum

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
Ah sorry if i wasn't clear! I've been heat macerating and mixing the extract at about 20% for pipe tobacco, 30% for cigars... do you think the hit could be improved by upping the extract %? Can't believe i didn't think of that but i'll happily give it a try :)

I have run up on this problem time and time again myself. The short answer is yes a stronger mix can help.
Also put the extraction to bed for a little longer . This improved hit and flavor for me just recently. No doubt some nicotine brands give more of a hit, and do not forget PG can too, if you are not allergic to it.

Mr Steeps

Feb 5, 2017
I have run up on this problem time and time again myself. The short answer is yes a stronger mix can help.
Also put the extraction to bed for a little longer . This improved hit and flavor for me just recently. No doubt some nicotine brands give more of a hit, and do not forget PG can too, if you are not allergic to it.
Thanks so much for the tips, I'll try a stronger mix first and see if that gets me where i want to be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread