Babies first vape....
my_first_vape.jpg
laughing-monkey.gif

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thanks both of you.
Two questions. (I, at some point, printed a couple of posts from somewhere about extracting tobaccos. Need to find them and follow up.)
First, is there any one thread anywhere which is focused on DIY NETs?
Second, since many of the NET.com juices I really like have some non-tobacco flavoring, any pointers on this?

Your best bet is to list the NET.com flavors you prefer and several folks who post here can match them to tobacco, including myself. For instance, Big Spirit or Speaking Spirit are different types of American Spirit Cigarettes. You can get five different types of pouched, canned or cigarette pack tobacco to extract including my favorite, American Spirit Black, a very nice Perique flavor.

felinefan

Sep 22, 2017
Hi. I haven't posted here before so hi to all regulars. I just wanted to ask about the American Spirit based NETs..from (naturally-extracted-tobacco.com) I'm after an extracted cigarette type tobacco where the tobacco leaf hasn't been laced with chemicals. I've read that the American Spirit brand of tobacco isn't as organic and pure as it claims. Do you know if the naturally-extracted-tobaccos.com extractions are made with a whole leaf tobacco and then blended in the style of American Spirit, or do they use the actual tobacco supplied by American Spirit (by the Santa Fe Natural Tobacco company). I could go straight to NETs website to ask but just thought I'd get your thoughts..

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Hi. I haven't posted here before so hi to all regulars. I just wanted to ask about the American Spirit based NETs..from (naturally-extracted-tobacco.com) I'm after an extracted cigarette type tobacco where the tobacco leaf hasn't been laced with chemicals. I've read that the American Spirit brand of tobacco isn't as organic and pure as it claims. Do you know if the naturally-extracted-tobaccos.com extractions are made with a whole leaf tobacco and then blended in the style of American Spirit, or do they use the actual tobacco supplied by American Spirit (by the Santa Fe Natural Tobacco company). I could go straight to NETs website to ask but just thought I'd get your thoughts..
I can't answer your question. But, NET is very responsive to email questions (depending on how busy they are.)
Another alternative (and I'm not trying to steer business away from NET who I love) is Real Extracts (who I also love.) Not sure if they have what you're looking for, but they are also very helpful through email and on the phone (amazingly enough!)

felinefan

Sep 22, 2017
Actually I'm in Australia but I saw the UK site online. Their prices are pretty good but because of their new regulations, they don'tput the nicotine in the bottle of ejuice. They give you a separate bottle of nicotine that you add yourself. I don't use nicotine anymore. So i guess I'd maybe add more pg/vg instead of nic.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
thank you. i'll read it.
how'd you make out in the storm?

Sorry I missed this. I was not intentionally ignoring you.

Made it through with just a few ridge cap shingles missing. They were on the garage portion. Already got those fixed. We were without power for 50 hours which prompted us to contract getting a whole house generator system. 12 weeks is the estimate so we are now in line.

Oh, the mailbox decided to take a short trip down the road. Hubby really needs to attach it to the post better. :laugh: It got rescued with no damage. ;)

Reactions: newyork13

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia

I am pretty sure NeT.com uses the actual American Spirit tobaccos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Actually I'm in Australia but I saw the UK site online. Their prices are pretty good but because of their new regulations, they don'tput the nicotine in the bottle of ejuice. They give you a separate bottle of nicotine that you add yourself. I don't use nicotine anymore. So i guess I'd maybe add more pg/vg instead of nic.

Where in Australia? I am in Sydney.

Nowadays I get most of my NETs from NET.com and a recent order from RealTobaccoExtracts for the first time ever.

I am also expecting an order from Heathers Heavenly Vapes any day now!

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
Thanks NY13. I recently sent RealExtracts an email about shipping overseas but never heard back from them.. Might try again. Has anyone tried the NETs from UK company bestcigliquid.co.uk?

I've got a soft spot for these guys 'cos Their liquids were what I used when I 1st started vaping! I'm still using Their concentrates altho' I've debated on a UK vaping forum as to how 'N' Their 'NETs' are!!!
I'm in the UK so Their concentrates are pretty cost-effective, if I was in Oz, I think I'd buy from the U.S. vendors personally.....

Reactions: AnthonyB

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
Sep 13, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

felinefan

Sep 22, 2017
That's interesting Boilerguy. For some reason I feel less concerned about the synthetic liquids even though as you say the data isn't in on most flavourings. And I know that most of the toxic stuff in tobacco happens when its combusted. But I'm still more ambivalent about the extracted tobacco.irrational, I know. Not enough to not vape it though (lol). Just put an order in for some samples from realextracts.com. I've had Blacknote (nice but bit muted flavourwise) and HouseofLiquid before.nice too.

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
Where in Australia? I am in Sydney.

Nowadays I get most of my NETs from NET.com and a recent order from RealTobaccoExtracts for the first time ever.

I am also expecting an order from Heathers Heavenly Vapes any day now!

I like your choice of vendors. I have used them in the past with good outcomes.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Yes I am also in Sydney.
I'm also looking into realextracts.com. I'll check out HHV.
Do you have any health concerns about vaping NETs? ( tobacco extracts that have added chemicals or even tobacco per se?)

Not really. Apparently nitrosamines are a bit higher in NETs but it's still negligible especially when comparing them to cigarettes . Ironically the major concern in recent times of the risks to health have surrounded diketones which are mostly found in rich buttery liquids that tend to be vaped as sub-ohm liquids. Diketones are not usually found in NETs.

Any health concerns about NETs involve gunking. NETs tend to gunk coils much quicker than non-NETs. Once a coil gunks up and has residue from the NET on the surface, that can cause uneven heating and hot spots in your coils. Furthermore, the residue itself can heat up to beyond the acceptable levels and possibly release chemicals
like formaldehyde.

So it is not the juices themselves that can raise questions about the effects of NETs on health but how they affect coils over time.

Therefore maintenance is the key with NETs. Change coils as soon as soon as they start to gunk up. Regular maintenance is important.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I think that vaping NET is probably safer than the synthetic food flavors. People have been consuming tobacco for centuries. Apparently,the bulk of the toxics with tobacco are in the combustion products. We have NO data regarding the safety of the synthetic flavorings when inhaled except for Diacetyl and 2,3-Pentanedione (see CDC - Flavorings-Related Lung Disease: Exposures to Flavoring Chemicals - NIOSH Workplace Safety and Health Topic) which are proven dangerous to inhale.
I am sure that vaping anything including tobacco is not as healthy as pure air but, for me at least, it is a matter of harm reduction compared to smoking the tobacco.
That being said, I vape the Real Tobacco Extracts and quit smoking the day I started vaping both the cigs and the cigar varieties years ago. You will like them if, like me, you like tobacco but simply do not want to smoke it anymore. They suit me and are better than the other NETS (IMHO) I tried. They are clean and well filtered & cold extracted from whole leaf. They are as good as they can be I think.

As I mentioned a month ago or so, I got 4 sampler packs from RTE and I am enjoying them very much. Good clarity of flavour and FRESH.

Fresh is important because with the diminishing demand for NETs in the post regulation market in the US and people going toward subohm orientated liquids, some vendors are clearing old stock they manufactured in bulk during the peak period of NET demand a few years ago.

Evan has kept up his quality and enthusiasm and his NETs are tasting how I remember commercial NETs used to taste. His enthusiasm is reflected in the juices.

Reactions: newyork13

felinefan

Sep 22, 2017
I find with most of the NETs I've tried apart from Blacknote, my goils gunked up pretty quickly. I dry burned and washed coils on my RDA maybe a few times in one sitting so I'm kind of used to doing that. I've heard about the nitrosamines in NETs being higher than other eliquids... but as you say, very little. I'll try and just enjoy them without worrying about health concerns. Being a no nic vaper though, I vape more quantity in one sitting than someone who vapes with nicotine, so I may need to restrain myself a bit.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I think that vaping NET is probably safer than the synthetic food flavors. People have been consuming tobacco for centuries. Apparently,the bulk of the toxics with tobacco are in the combustion products. We have NO data regarding the safety of the synthetic flavorings when inhaled except for Diacetyl and 2,3-Pentanedione (see CDC - Flavorings-Related Lung Disease: Exposures to Flavoring Chemicals - NIOSH Workplace Safety and Health Topic) which are proven dangerous to inhale.
I am sure that vaping anything including tobacco is not as healthy as pure air but, for me at least, it is a matter of harm reduction compared to smoking the tobacco.
That being said, I vape the Real Tobacco Extracts and quit smoking the day I started vaping both the cigs and the cigar varieties years ago. You will like them if, like me, you like tobacco but simply do not want to smoke it anymore. They suit me and are better than the other NETS (IMHO) I tried. They are clean and well filtered & cold extracted from whole leaf. They are as good as they can be I think.
Yup, you're quite right I think, that everything will be less healthy that pure air. Of course, other than being up in the mountains in the country somewhere, not sure where to find the pure air.
I do like RTE. I also like NET.com. Though I think that RTE is cleaner, but when it comes to flavored tobaccos, NET is better. Just my opinion, as one who likes both.
One last comment. I came upon naturally extracted tobaccos late in my vaping experience. I have a hard time now with artificial tobaccos. They just taste inferior.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
As I mentioned a month ago or so, I got 4 sampler packs from RTE and I am enjoying them very much. Good clarity of flavour and FRESH.

Fresh is important because with the diminishing demand for NETs in the post regulation market in the US and people going toward subohm orientated liquids, some vendors are clearing old stock they manufactured in bulk during the peak period of NET demand a few years ago.

Evan has kept up his quality and enthusiasm and his NETs are tasting how I remember commercial NETs used to taste. His enthusiasm is reflected in the juices.

I appreciate your comments on RTE. You're quite right about the clarity, and about Evan's enthusiasm. When a manufacturer or service provider really loves his product, then coupled with good craftsmanship, that product will be excellent. True of RTE (as well as NET.com.) I can certainly go longer without changing wicks with RTE vs. NET.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread