Not open for further replies.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Yup, you're quite right I think, that everything will be less healthy that pure air. Of course, other than being up in the mountains in the country somewhere, not sure where to find the pure air.
I do like RTE. I also like NET.com. Though I think that RTE is cleaner, but when it comes to flavored tobaccos, NET is better. Just my opinion, as one who likes both.
One last comment. I came upon naturally extracted tobaccos late in my vaping experience. I have a hard time now with artificial tobaccos. They just taste inferior.

I occasionally like artificial tobaccos and also fond them to be greatly inferior. It's as if artificially based tobaccos are made to taste bad as though we are all seeking out the nasty flavors in cigarettes.

These days the kinds of artificial tobaccos I occasionally enjoy are the boutique flavour combinations in juices made for sub-ohming like Eclipse by Space Jam or a few made by Charlie Noble. I also like the delectably sweet concoction that had an artificial tobacco called Django by 13th Floor Elevapors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: checkum

jonnydoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
Germany
I have tried a few nets from real extracts and in my opinion they taste more like green leafs of tobacco. I like the nets from net.com more, especially the sun cured turkish and Clays Burleys.

Burley is a wonderful tobacco but i have read that it has much more tsna as for example a virginia or an orient tobacco because of the curring method. Hotter curring makes more tsna. But the biggest amount of tsna or nitrosamines seems to be in the nicotine. Our body is building nitrosamines from nicotine.

So i have tried coffein instead of nicotine but the taste and the kick was boring.

Last edited:

PeterRamish

Account closed on request
Jun 17, 2017
California, USA
For those who haven't tried an extraction of Meerschaum Patriot...it is REALLY good. John did a killer job on it as usual. It is, basically, LOUISVILLE...which to e s king of all retail NET's. Around 90% of the flavor impact as Louisville with about 40% less gunk. it is GOOD.

I agree, I extracted Missouri Meerschaum American Patriot and then A/B vaped it against want2vape Louisville and it is very similar. I think all the want2vape Signature Blends have some very small additive of possible a high quality Tobacco Absolute, probably from an Italian supplier, and therefore IMO all in the Signature series have a very subtle note of that same ingredient. I could see why they might have done that: it gives a "product identity" to the line, and also makes it very difficult to exactly clone the products.
Louisville.png

Last edited:

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Latakia is the jammiest.

Unless latakia doesn't taste the same to you as it does to everyone else.... jealous.. :D

When I went for something similar to what others say latakia tasted like to them, I had to go with a Dark Fire Cured Burley to get that dark smokey campfire flavor. Unfortunately MyVapeJuice was the only place I knew of that made a juice from it which now leaves doing a DIY extract as the only option unless someone else has started making it also that I'm unaware of.

I'd put Burley up with Turkish tobacco flavors... not better/worse... but about the same medium to medium dark full flavor but typically a little sweeter and maybe a little more woodsy than the Turkish which I felt was a little more on the slightly fruity side.

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
Sep 13, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Real Tobacco Extracts has "Old Judge" a Latakia & Kentucky from whole leaf:

I've said this in the past in here but it's been a long time... To me latakia taste much like an iodine wash smells... so as I said, it doesn't taste the same to me as what others taste, it's just an odd issue I have... That's the reason I mentioned the dark fire cured burley, it's as close as I can think of that is close to what others say latakia tastes like.

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
Real Tobacco Extracts has "Old Judge" a Latakia & Kentucky from whole leaf:
latakia-banner.jpg

It is pretty smoky if I remember. I think the description on the website said something about being cured traditionally with camel dung! I don't know about that.

I haven't seen Old Judge liquid there for a while.

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
Sep 13, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Dont know Louisville. But must be good, burley is jammy, only turkish is more jammy, jammjammjamm...

I used to love Louisville. It was one of my all time favorite NETs. I wonder what it tastes like now.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I haven't seen Old Judge liquid there for a while.

I didn't see it either when I put in my order a couple of months ago. I painstakingly went through all the juices in my selection. It's not one that looks familiar. Maybe it didn't exist in sampler sizes.

Brobdingnagian

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Unless latakia doesn't taste the same to you as it does to everyone else.... jealous.. :D

When I went for something similar to what others say latakia tasted like to them, I had to go with a Dark Fire Cured Burley to get that dark smokey campfire flavor. Unfortunately MyVapeJuice was the only place I knew of that made a juice from it which now leaves doing a DIY extract as the only option unless someone else has started making it also that I'm unaware of.

I'd put Burley up with Turkish tobacco flavors... not better/worse... but about the same medium to medium dark full flavor but typically a little sweeter and maybe a little more woodsy than the Turkish which I felt was a little more on the slightly fruity side.

I feel that fire-cured tobaccos are actually probably a better smokey experience than Latakia in some ways. Not only do they consistently taste like the parent tobacco, but you're not contending with the flavors imparted from the highly aromatic wood & herb smoke used to cure Latakia.

I recall raving about Latakia time and again, but I really wonder if my experience with it is typical.
In retrospect, remembering my first experience with Latakia (W2V's London) I thought it smelled/tasted like a tire fire. I literally could not get past the flavor and couldn't figure out what it was.

Around two years later I tried Clay's take on Latakia, I was able to figure out pretty quickly what that strong taste was & had to walk away from it and come back to it several times. However, his seemed different to me, especially after a steep.

Latakia is weird in that it never tastes the same to me because I don't vape it constantly, and when I come back to it it tastes savory, or aromatic, slightly bacony & woodsy, but with what I can only call a "singed" character that carries that campfire-y note somewhere inside of it. When I lose sensitivity to the flavor I still enjoy the throat-feel it provides, but need to switch to a lighter tobacco just to make sure I don't tune out the flavor further... I never really got "jammy" from it... but my taste buds probably need checked by a professional. :lol:

Now, Big & Burley- I can't taste the Latakia in it if I vape it for more than a couple of tanks. However, I can still taste the Burley's nutty character.

I didn't forget about you guys. Got my mixes made up; got frustrated with cotton; encountered a hurricane and received my lifetime supply of rayon a few days later; then of course Nic River has to have a site-wide sale and flavors I've never tried before nearly immediately after that. After having to replace groceries despite the bags of ice holding up in the freezer, mixing up some artibaccos actually did me some good in that they reminded me of how much I enjoy NETs...

Again, though, RY4 is what I come back to or think of often as a frame of reference for dessert-type tobaccos, but I think it doesn't need to be as sweet as a few I've tried.

I forget if I mentioned my speculation on it previously, but I'm now almost completely certain that the old RBFS Count Caramel used FlavourArt Caramel. I really couldn't get past enjoying that full, caramel taste that snuck out after it steeped to look for what notes I was enjoying in the tobacco to be entirely honest.

Going to have to try some fresh mixes in this rayon I picked up. My thinking is lower % of flavor should work if it's not all getting trapped in the wicks, and in turn less coil gunk to deal with anyways. Perhaps my Latakia experience will also change accordingly, or it may turn into more of a complex relationship involving more Burley & Perique. :drool:

So far, it's working very well with custards and other things I would normally expect to darken wicks very quickly- the wicks are staying light to off-white and the coils are darkening. There are some wicking method adjustments (length & size of tails and amount in coil) that needed to be made, but the payoff is impressive so far.

I'll try to actually get these testers mixed up tonight so I won't have any excuses. I think I may have some Frenchy's left, so I can play around with using some of that with the caramel... will probably put it in plastic so I can shorten the steep.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Good to hear from you Brog. You certainly are an aficionado of NETs and tobaccos. We are a dying breed.

I've had some issues with one vendors liquids and I am not sure if my love for tobacco is waning (unlikely) , I've developed a PG intolerance after 9 years of vaping or they supplied me with a bad batch.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
PG intolerance lol. Hahaha. And i have an lactose intolerance. If i am drinking usually milk i have to poooop. Its true. What happens if you have a pg drink ?

Actually Jonny, a PG intolerance will have symptoms of dry sore throat, a cough and a rash after some time. I doubt I am PH intolerant.

I am sure ingesting liquid PG is not healthy :)

• Agree

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Has somebody found a new oriental net ? I want to try more turkish. I love yenidje, smyrna, samsoun and other ones.

Could i have an intolerance with all the other tobaccos ? At the moment i like only turkish but i am german.

I've heard a lot about Smyrna and yenidje but the only time I've had Smyrna was when I got a sampler of a Smyrna based NET from NET.com

I've never tried Yenidje. At least I can't remember ever trying it.

How would you describe these tobacco varietals Jonny and what tobacco do you use to create them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread