Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I think so too. From what I know, NET or the word extraced wasn't in the title because... this thread invented the term! I think that's correct anyways, I don't think the term NET was used at all before this thread, even though that's what most vendors are calling them now. And NET came from.... Mann I think?

Now NET is common term in vaping everywhere. One of the reasons this is one of the best threads ever. It will be fun the tell rookies on the new thread.. you need to read the original Natural tobacco thread lol.

Nah, I may have been an early pusher of the term, but to be honest, the earliest reference to "naturally extracted tobacco" that I've found was----wait for it----Dekang! LOL. I don't remember who started with the whole "NET" thing.

And I think to quell some of the issues people have with the term, and as Jerms said, as well as what luce originally said, "Natural/Extracted Tobacco: NET". Just throw the "NET" at the end.

johni

Extractor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Columbia, Missouri
Nah, I may have been an early pusher of the term, but to be honest, the earliest reference to "naturally extracted tobacco" that I've found was----wait for it----Dekang! LOL. I don't remember who started with the whole "NET" thing.

And I think to quell some of the issues people have with the term, and as Jerms said, as well as what luce originally said, "Natural/Extracted Tobacco: NET". Just throw the "NET" at the end.

Sounds perfect to me.

ETA: I went back and looked and it looks like the first post with "NET" in it was post #64 by our gal Eleanor.

Last edited:

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo

Damn, Dekang huh. Well that's no fun. Truth sucks sometimes. I don't remember who started NET either, but it was this thread right? I'll go back and see if I can spot the first use here. I was thinking you because you acronym everything lol.

And yes, I think "Natural/Extracted Tobacco: NET" is perfect.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I guess you could call this a bump. I am reading through luceblueboy's threads and posts and feel, I as well as others could benefit from this!

Successful bump. :laugh:

And a word to luce: You are a trailblazer for real!

Both Highbrow Vapor and Darth Vapers use NETs; I'm pretty sure Highbrow makes their own, but I'm not sure about DV.

First reference in this thread to the term "NET" by none other than Lady E.

(Edit) Damn, y'all keep beating me to the punch!

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
I am honored by your kind words Mann. If not for you the thread would've gone nowhere. I just got tired of hearing from that "vaping frankenstein" guy and some others that put themselves on a pedestal in the beginning of the NET world. Thanks to everyone here we made real tobacco liquid no longer just for the "aficionados"

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
ETA: I went back and looked and it looks like the first post with "NET" in it was post #64 by our gal Eleanor.

Post #33.. first use of NET in this thread. But looks like El had heard that term before, do you remember where El?

Lol, so she was the first to use NETs, and then NET 30 posts later with noone else using it. Hmmmm testify El!

:lol: I probably got it from a PM from Mann! :lol:

Really, I have no idea where I picked NET up; I may have just acronymed it myself in order to avoid typing out the whole dang enchilada. :p

I also may have first come across "naturally extracted tobacco" (and NET) in emailing Bryan at Highbrow Vapor. (Although I DID NOT like HV's baccos, sadly. :( )

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I am honored by your kind words Mann. If not for you the thread would've gone nowhere. I just got tired of hearing from that "vaping frankenstein" guy and some others that put themselves on a pedestal in the beginning of the NET world. Thanks to everyone here we made real tobacco liquid no longer just for the "aficionados"

"Vaping Frankenstein"! I AM CRACKING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've said it before, but without luce I would've never even heard of HHV or Ahlusion. That is something that seriously changed my whole trajectory on the forum. Those two vendors--both of which I hyped the hell out of--were first reviewed by luce. Hell, luce had Devil Dog! and the original (no longer made) Smokin' Cherries before ANYONE (not to mention Huntsman and Gandalf, etc.) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey luce, you didn't think I forgot about the original Smokin' Cherries, did ya'? ;) Wait...or was it Sweet Georgia Peach? Now I am questioning my memories. Hell, knowing you, you probably had all of 'em.

Oh, and I told y'all luce was always lurking. :sneaky:

Last edited:

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
Had to be Sweet Georgia Peach. I don't think I've ever had the Smokin' Cherries.

I did get Devil Dog before anyone. It took forever for them to release it too..........so I felt special!!

I'm here just looking up new things, helping when I can, and doing reviews when I try new liquid and find little/no reviews on it. Fact is that with my current new job situation I can't spend a lot of money. I am blessed that Diane at My Vape Juice usually sends me the new cigar extracts she creates for me to review (and randomly sends me my favorites which blows me away). I also created my own Kiwi Marshmallow liquid that's become another ADV.

Which leads me to something else:

There are some extracts (mostly cigar) I have from My Vape Juice that either weren't my favorite (that's just cigar preference, not overall bad). I want to donate these to someone that is in a tight financial situation. These are just the extracts so they will have to add the base/nicotine. Unfortunately my current base/nicotine liquids is almost out. If they can wait I'll try to get some in soon and will mix it 60/40 PG/VG and nic mg preference. I will not accept any payment whatsoever as I was blessed with these. If you are in this situation or know someone that is please let me know.

Big Juicy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Placentia, CA
From what I can remember (becasue I barely do), my order of preferences was about reversed. I didn't care for Blond all that much, but Kuba Kuba kind of just does it for me (CI is okay to me, but nothing I too much find interesting). I think Kuba is one of those floral-like vapes that, along with the tobacco, makes for a rather lively vape. I wouldn't particulary call KK tasty (not really at all), but it's one that I would keep above the other two---though, a 3 mL would likely last me forever.

Have either of you tried NETCOM H+ Yellow Mane? I am not a huge acid blonde guy, but that stuff was spot on

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Have either of you tried NETCOM H+ Yellow Mane? I am not a huge acid blonde guy, but that stuff was spot on

I vaped it side by side with W2V's The Blond and found them to be about exactly the same. Well, not exactly, NETcom offers it cheaper and with options so that's where I'd get it.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
whatever...

Just sayin.. the OP is still around and gets the first chance to start the new thread according to the link. Not sure why Luce didn't do it today when he was here, but I don't think it's fair to start up the new one before a mod says to get packin'. Not trying to be a Richard, doesn't effect me in any way, I just don't wanna see any bickering which won't happen if we go by the instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread