Not open for further replies.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
socalfisher,

just wanted to give you a heads up that Freedomsmokeusa does not use natural tobaccos. All their flavorings are artificial. It's no biggie, I just wanted to inform you and others that see your review.

Yup. Desert Ship is actually a flavoring made by FlavourArt. It is not a natural extract.

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
Vendor: Heather's Heavenly Vapes (dotcom)
Liquid: Gandalf
Thoughts: I don't know if I had any thoughts per se, but I did have an avalanche of emotions. I don't believe I could express all that I felt if I tried. However, I will say, I was ecstatic and overcome with joy! I can't believe this juice is from the new kids (vendors) on the block. After tasting all four bottles of my order, I took all the other juices I had out on my desk and put them back in a drawer (except my WTA, but that is a different animal). This is definitely love at first vape!

After vaping Gandalf, my first response was a huge smile followed by me laughing and standing up doing the cabbage patch dance. Why this reaction? I was so surprised and elated that a juice could be this good I couldn't contain myself. Gandalf has one of the cleanest, most seductively enticing flavors that I have tasted from a juice. You may ask, "Well, what does it taste like?" It tastes heavenly. For me, trying to describe the smell or the taste of this juice is about as difficult as it would be to describe the color violet to blind man. All I can really say is, if you want to know, you got to try it. Maybe one day I will be ale to describe Gandalf as tasting or smelling like something, but as of now, it occupies its own identity for me, which is one sexy identity. I got the sample pack of 4 small bottles for $8 + shipping, so it is really was no big risk...but, it had a huge payoff!

No disrespect to HHV, but the description of this juice is described in a way that may turn off people that are not "looking" for pipe tobacco juice. I am not saying that it isn't that, but that is not the sum of it. Being an NET, there is tobacco present, but there is a undercurrent of subtly sweet freshness that (to me) defies description or comparrison. Neither the smell or the taste is overpowering in any way, but both are sensuous and alluring. We all know that descriptions are hard to write and often misleading, but if you have an ounce, or better yet, a mL of adventure in your body, do your self a flavor and try this vendors Purity Line of tobaccos. Plus, I would be willing to bet that HHV Purity Line of NETs would please all the "I don't like tobacco juices" as well as the "I want a good tobacco juice" vapers. Phenomenal job, Heather's Heavenly Vapes!

If you can beleive it, I actually edited out all the hype from the review. :ohmy::laugh:

I've had this for two weeks now. After steeping it gets even better! It really is a fantastic liquid that I can't recommend enough. Mr. Mann did a great review. I've got another review in the reviews section with a little more in detail. This is one of the best eliquids I've ever had.

lauragal

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2008
New York
I've had this for two weeks now. After steeping it gets even better! It really is a fantastic liquid that I can't recommend enough. Mr. Mann did a great review. I've got another review in the reviews section with a little more in detail. This is one of the best eliquids I've ever had.

Hi all,

Still haven't made a decision on what to get for my husband - who wants a cigar flavor (and my son who wants a good tobacco flavor - not pipe or cigar flavor). Would the Gandalf lean more towards regular tobacco flavor, or cigar, or pipe? As Mr. Mann stated, he feels the description of the juice on HHV might be a little "off", so I'm not sure whether to purchase or not! Thanks

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
Something I've noticed about the cigar flavors, the extracted ones seem to remind more of chewing on the end of a cigar while the cigar "flavor" ones remind me more of actual smoke. I enjoy both depending on my mood. Just thought I'd mention it to see if other feel the same way? Just for an example two of my main juice vendors are w2v and Halo and they are in opposite camps.

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
Hi all,

Still haven't made a decision on what to get for my husband - who wants a cigar flavor (and my son who wants a good tobacco flavor - not pipe or cigar flavor). Would the Gandalf lean more towards regular tobacco flavor, or cigar, or pipe? As Mr. Mann stated, he feels the description of the juice on HHV might be a little "off", so I'm not sure whether to purchase or not! Thanks

For your husband, want2vape Managua and Cold Infusion. Those are the best, most authentic premium cigar eliquids out there. They're going to wreck havoc on the atty/carto but that's the price you pay for the best. If you're still wondering about them, tell him they remind me of Rocky Patel, Oliva, Fuente, and Romeo Y Julieta cigars.

For your son, maybe just a straight tobacco flavor. Vaperite has the house natural extracted tobacco. That's just straight up leafy tobacco. Heather's Heavenly Vapes are a little bit sweeter, except for Huntsman, so if your son is looking for a sweeter tobacco then I'd go with those. Huntsman is not sweet but more woodsy and smokey. If you can tell us what your son is looking for specifically in a tobacco liquid, that would help.

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
Vendor: Heather's Heavenly Vapes
Liquid: Dragon's Fire
Thoughts: Described on the website as "a pure extracted tobacco with a deep, rich, sophisticated flavor." I thought from the description that this would simply be the tobacco base. Well it's not. It is a sweeter tobacco with flavors that fit the description perfectly. I believe this is extracted from Cavendish tobacco as it is sweeter but it doesn't taste like sweetener was added. I think there may be some caramel added and other flavors. It's not exactly a cigarette/pipe/cigar/snuff replica. However, it is an original, unique, and creative flavor.

Dragon's Fire is not hot and spicey as you may assume from the name. It is a sweeter tobacco with an amazing natural tobacco flavor. Give this one a try. It's really that good.

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
Liquid: Pirate's Booty
Thoughts: With a name like Booty, it could be a treasure or taste like, well, you know....I love the sweet and spiciness of this one. The sweetness is just right and the spiciness adds so much without overpowering. I definitely think caribbean when I vape it, even though its not fruity. Maybe there's some rum in there? I have no idea but it does make me think caribbean. The tobacco extract tastes more like the Gandolf and Dragon's Fire, which means it is sweeter in nature while not tasting like sweetener was added. Also, at 12mg the throat hit is very good and vapor production is great as well.

The sweetness will not take away from the extracted tobacco nor will the spiciness. I love it because I could tell it's more of a caribbean flavor even if I didn't know the name. Out of the four Purity tobaccos from HHV, this is my least favorite. Unlike the others, I can only give this one a 9/10.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Liquid: Pirate's Booty
Thoughts: With a name like Booty, it could be a treasure or taste like, well, you know....I love the sweet and spiciness of this one. The sweetness is just right and the spiciness adds so much without overpowering. I definitely think caribbean when I vape it, even though its not fruity. Maybe there's some rum in there? I have no idea but it does make me think caribbean. The tobacco extract tastes more like the Gandolf and Dragon's Fire, which means it is sweeter in nature while not tasting like sweetener was added. Also, at 12mg the throat hit is very good and vapor production is great as well.

The sweetness will not take away from the extracted tobacco nor will the spiciness. I love it because I could tell it's more of a caribbean flavor even if I didn't know the name. Out of the four Purity tobaccos from HHV, this is my least favorite. Unlike the others, I can only give this one a 9/10.

I definitely get the whole Caribbean/ rum quality you speak of. C'mon HHV, Luce is only giving you a 9/10? You guys need to re-think what you are doing! I am very much kidding! :laugh:

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
Vendor: Want2Vape
Liquid: Vapenstein Blend London
Description: "Bright Virginias, spicy small leaf Orientals and smoky Latakia tobaccos combine in the Doctor's version of the traditional English pipe blend. Dark, deep, robust and smoky, this blend is our love song to tobacco and tobacco loving vapers. The jewel of the line."

Thoughts: When I tried London for the first time, my exact words were "This is a pipe." Honestly, that's what I said. It's not a sweet, subtle, mellow, or aromatic pipe, but it instantly reminded me of camping trips when I would smoke a pipe full of tobacco bought at my local tobacconist while sitting around the campfire talking with friends or by myself enjoying nature. It has been over a decade since I smoked a pipe, but the flavor was so distinct and authentic that it instantly triggered all of those memories and made me feel that I was momentarily reliving those experiences.

If I may digress, the best way I can describe the experience of vaping London is through the Belgian Surrealist painter René Magritte's "The Betrayal of Images."

View attachment 107081

Upon looking at this painting, the first thought that is triggered in the viewer's mind is "pipe," followed shortly by associations the viewer may have with that concept, such as memories of their grandfather, the aroma of pipe smoke, or in my case, camping trips in my early 20's. The pipe is realistically rendered and intentionally placed in an empty field without any other conflicting imagery, in order to encourage free association with "pipe," and whatever other thoughts or sensations are linked to that concept. Some viewers may even experience synaesthesia and actually detect the aroma of a pipe.

Beneath the pipe in cursive, Magritte reminds us that "This is not a pipe." Our subjective minds fool us into believing that we are looking at a pipe, when in fact, objectively, what we are looking at is a stretched canvas to which the artist has applied colored pigments suspended in linseed oil. It is not a pipe. It is a painting of a pipe. A simulacrum.

Likewise, London is not a pipe tobacco. It is a natural tobacco extract with other natural flavorings suspended in a 70/30 PG/VG liquid solution. Like Magritte's painting, it is so realistically rendered, without any interfering signals, that it momentarily convinces me that I am smoking a pipe. This is the most realistic pipe juice I have tried, hands down, smoke and all.

Opinions will probably be split on this juice, with few occupying the middle ground. Fans of English pipe blends will appreciate it, but someone looking for a creamy, smooth aromatic with undertones of vanilla or fruity tartness will probably be disappointed. It is as bitter, leathery, and rich as Joan Rivers, but it is completely authentic. As the description states, it is spicy, smokey, and robust, but I might add that it has nice, slightly sweet finish that brings the experience to a satisfying conclusion.

This is one of my favorite juices, but with that said, I cannot vape it all the time. It is intense, and when I get the craving, puffing on it for 20 or 30 minutes satisfies me. I don't need to experience it all the time, and sometimes I am simply not in the mood to be forced to question my own objectivity versus subjectivity in a Magritte-esqe fashion and risk spiraling into an existential crisis. I keep some loaded up in its own clearomizer so that whenever I want it, I can throw it on a device, vape it for a little while, and then put it away for next time with no fuss. I keep it for special occasions, and it is a reward or a challenge, depending on how I approach it.

When I started vaping, I saw the potential to regain the enjoyment of tobacco that I had started with in smoking cigars and pipes, but lost through becoming addicted to cigarettes. Sadly, I was disappointed by most of the juices that I tried because they fell far short of that potential. London is one of a select few juices that should be the standard to which all other "authentic" pipe and cigar juices aspire.

This thread is rich and wonderful. An enoyable read. Thank you :)

Brobdingnagian

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
The HHV order arrived just minutes ago, W2V scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I did the obligatory sniff-test of the blends; holy cow! These things smell great! I will update this post when I have a minute to review my first selection to go into my XL Phoenix Bottom Coils- Gandalf.

EDIT: ( Earlier today, I disassembled and thinned the wicks on my Phoenix BC's, pre-priming them very lightly in preparation).

Also, I was thrown a sample of Oompa as well! Nice! This stuff smells amazing, and I plan to put it into rotation in my nightcap blends for after-dinner- that'll give it a good test run and give me an opportunity to just...heck, kick back and enjoy life. :vapor::2cool:

(UPDATE) I have just had an opportunity to vape Gandalf in the Phoenix on my KGO, pretty fresh off the charger. This blend is, simply put- amazing. Great tobacco flavor, not biting or harsh- like puffing on a smooth, well-aged pipe tobacco. Aromatic notes, indeed, but not floral or flowery. I feel like I'm actually puffing on a pipe. I think that once I empty out this fill on the Phoenix, I'll save the rest to see how it performs with steeping. However, as of how, I'm very impressed with the amount of flavor and how clear the blend is.

You would expect something this flavorful to be much darker, but that's not the case here.

The blend also flowed quite freely into the syringe and there were no moments of stickage that can sometimes occur. Wow, just wow. I'm going to go back to vaping, I'll catch you folks later. :D

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place

Yo Luce, I got 'em in today! For everyone else, I am talking about extra extract in the Purity Line of tobaccos from HHV. First thing I noticed is the value of the hue is slightly deeper. It is still not dark, and the overall clarity of the juice is the same, but it is slighlty deeper.
color.jpg

As you should be able to tell, the bottle on the left is the same hue, but a deeper value. The bottles are angled in a way that catches some of the shadow from the purple bottle cap, which makes them look even darker than they are (these are pretty light juices), but the extra extract is in fact still deeper a shade.

Both bottles smell almost identical and you would have to be very discerning to notice a difference--but, I know you are, Luce.

The actual vape is..........wait a minute.........oh.....ooh.....yeah!

It is definitely more extract in here. The inhale is still sweet--but not as sweet as the original--and the exhale reveals a much more gritty bite of tobacco, smokiness, and flavor--all relative to the original version, not in comparison to other tobacco vapes. I won't do a full review here, however, know that what it is that I originally liked about it, has just been amplified. I want a bigger bottle THIS way. I would definitely recommend for anyone wanting a slight edge to the HHV Purity line-up to try like this. For those who want a lighter vape, go the standard route, even if you "think" you don't like tobacco juices. I said in my first review that these juices could please the "I don't like tobacco vapers", but I think the extra extract might be crossing the line for them. However, for me, this crossed the line right into a big welcoming bear hug! Thanks HHV, these are very, very good!!!!!

If you want to try it this way, contact Adam (1atom12) through their sub-forum, or through the special notes on your order. He said they will be adding it as an option soon.
HHVFTW!

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast

Yo Luce, I got 'em in today! For everyone else, I am talking about extra extract in the Purity Line of tobaccos from HHV. First thing I noticed is the value of the hue is slightly deeper. It is still not dark, and the overall clarity of the juice is the same, but it is slighlty deeper.
View attachment 110369

As you should be able to tell, the bottle on the left is the same hue, but a deeper value. The bottles are angled in a way that catches some of the shadow from the purple bottle cap, which makes them look even darker than they are (these are pretty light juices), but the extra extract is in fact still deeper a shade.

Both bottles smell almost identical and you would have to be very discerning to notice a difference--but, I know you are, Luce.

The actual vape is..........wait a minute.........oh.....ooh.....yeah!

It is definitely more extract in here. The inhale is still sweet--but not as sweet as the original--and the exhale reveals a much more gritty bite of tobacco, smokiness, and flavor--all relative to the original version, not in comparison to other tobacco vapes. I won't do a full review here, however, know that what it is that I originally liked about it, has just been amplified. I want a bigger bottle THIS way.

Might this be the Holy Grail of Gruffness which you were seeking, Mr. Mann? :)

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Might this be the Holy Grail of Gruffness which you were seeking, Mr. Mann? :)

This is slightlly deeper than tenor, but not quite baritone. Bass, on the other hand, should be here tomorrow. HA! But, don't get it twisted, these do satisfy. These can easily be my morning to early evening vapes.

Dream

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2011
Redondo Beach
Had to order from Heather's Heavenly Vapes..

Dragon's Fire, Gandalf, and Huntsman (15ml, 24mg, 70/30)
& samplers of Mocha Java Smooth, Oompa, Vanilla Dream, & Dark Horse or Heavenly Tobacco (depending on whether they read my comment)

I'll either be using this in a HH.357 or GG Odysseus.

I probably should have gone 50/50.. Qrap!
(what's with the auto-censoring of naughty words like .... and ....?)

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast

& samplers of Mocha Java Smooth, Oompa, Vanilla Dream, & Dark Horse or Heavenly Tobacco (depending on whether they read my comment)

Some of us :))) don't enjoy naughty words, and ECF has decided as a matter of policy to keep this forum rated PG . . . :)

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place

So you ordered Vanilla Dream? :laugh: Go figure...

You should let us know what you think. What I thought before I tried HHV, was COMPLETELY different from what I vaped...not a good or bad thing...just different! Oh Qrap! I got paint on the keyboard. ;)

1atom12

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Supplier Posting in Unauthorized Area
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread