Nautilus 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowtao

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2010
Over There
I have been trying the Nautilus 2 for over a week.
I purchased it because of good reviews and wanting a small tank for stealth.
Have to say while the flavor is great, and it can produce decent vapor, i really don't like it.
To fill it one removes the outside sleeve surrounding the tank. Most of the time when i do the atomizer also come out. I've tried tihhting it down to no avail. It still comes out. The tank can't be filled with it out. So almost every time i have to use a small clamp or tweezers, remove the atomizer which is screwed into the top and screw it into the base.
Next, I don't like the tiny drip tip it vo3nes with. Petty yes, but it's still something I dislike.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I've had that problem with the N2 tank (coil sticking to chimney) and the best I can offer is:

1) screw down your coil rather hard, I mean not insanely hard, but a bit tighter than finger tight.
2) remove that tiny driptip you hate from the metal sleeve first-- it has an o-ring on it that can cause added pressure (I love the driptip, but hey, this might be a good time to replace it with something else)
3) Make sure that you don't screw the metal sleeve on too tightly after filling it.
4) Make sure you aren't overfilling, as if juice gets between the sleeve and the tank, which can happen if overfilled, it will cause a slight vacuum, making it harder to remove the metal sleeve and causing the coil to "catch" as it were.
5) If it gets dropped too hard, the chimney may shift slightly, I mainly had that issue once I dropped one of my N2 tanks pretty hard, I was able to get it more or less back in alignment with a bit of jiggery and that helped it out.

Good luck!

Anna

Shadowtao

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2010
Over There
I've had that problem with the N2 tank (coil sticking to chimney) and the best I can offer is:

1) screw down your coil rather hard, I mean not insanely hard, but a bit tighter than finger tight.
2) remove that tiny driptip you hate from the metal sleeve first-- it has an o-ring on it that can cause added pressure (I love the driptip, but hey, this might be a good time to replace it with something else)
3) Make sure that you don't screw the metal sleeve on too tightly after filling it.
4) Make sure you aren't overfilling, as if juice gets between the sleeve and the tank, which can happen if overfilled, it will cause a slight vacuum, making it harder to remove the metal sleeve and causing the coil to "catch" as it were.
5) If it gets dropped too hard, the chimney may shift slightly, I mainly had that issue once I dropped one of my N2 tanks pretty hard, I was able to get it more or less back in alignment with a bit of jiggery and that helped it out.

Good luck!

Anna
Great help, thanks.

Reactions: stols001

Throughandthrough

Sep 6, 2017
I have been trying the Nautilus 2 for over a week.
I purchased it because of good reviews and wanting a small tank for stealth.
Have to say while the flavor is great, and it can produce decent vapor, i really don't like it.
To fill it one removes the outside sleeve surrounding the tank. Most of the time when i do the atomizer also come out. I've tried tihhting it down to no avail. It still comes out. The tank can't be filled with it out. So almost every time i have to use a small clamp or tweezers, remove the atomizer which is screwed into the top and screw it into the base.
Next, I don't like the tiny drip tip it vo3nes with. Petty yes, but it's still something I dislike.
I've only had it happen once in about 15 coils. And I think it was because the thread on the coil was bad. Maybe the treads on your tank are bad

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
The Nautilus 2 is a very nice looking tank, and produces an excellent MTL vape.
It is my opinion, that Aspire sacrificed much of their design excellence -if you see the engineering marvel which is the Triton mini- in the name of design and aesthetics.
When you remove the top sleeve to fill it, the full weight of the e-liquid is pushed on the coil; therefore, the entire fill operation needs to be conducted briskly, otherwise the liquid start to seep thru the coil, producing a leakage.
Once you master the Speedy Filling Technique, you can enjoy the fashionable bell-shaped tank which is the Nautilus 2, with its signature shaped looking windows, representing a typical and antique design in the oriental tradition.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I like both coils, for different reasons. And actually, my favorite is the 1.6 coil that doesn't get talked about so much as the N2 comes with those two options. With the 1.8 you truly get the mouth to lung experience though with the right airflow and wattage, the 0.7 coil can work as well, though I do use more juice and battery that way, but for me it lasts much longer than the 1.8 coil, though I have gunk factors that decrease my coil life. I enjoy both coils and I kind of alternate them, they both have pros and cons for me.... I think they all produce good flavor, but for the true MTL experience, the 1.8 or the 1.6 can't be beat. Haven't tried a 0.7 coil in the Kabuki yet, I probably will try one soon....

Anna

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
The Nautilus 2 is a very nice looking tank, and produces an excellent MTL vape.
It is my opinion, that Aspire sacrificed much of their design excellence -if you see the engineering marvel which is the Triton mini- in the name of design and aesthetics.
When you remove the top sleeve to fill it, the full weight of the e-liquid is pushed on the coil; therefore, the entire fill operation needs to be conducted briskly, otherwise the liquid start to seep thru the coil, producing a leakage.
Once you master the Speedy Filling Technique, you can enjoy the fashionable bell-shaped tank which is the Nautilus 2, with its signature shaped looking windows, representing a typical and antique design in the oriental tradition.
In a lot of ways I think the Triton mini excels performance wise way beyond the Nautilus 2, ease of fill, airflow adjustment range, lack of any gurgles or leakage, my Nautilus 2 sometimes has a little juice on the glass, tends to gurgle a little after filling, and is more restrictive in the airflow than my Triton mini's. But I do like the aesthetics of the Nautilus 2, and it has perfectly acceptable airflow for MTL vaping. I like that the glass is well protected by the bell, and yet can still see the level of liquid. Great flavor, I'm only on my fourth or fifth fill, so still getting aquatinted with it, but as of now, I like the tank and am glad I got one to try...it'll do, as they say. It's going to be my knock about tank for a while...

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I had the coil come out 1 time. Since then, I started very firmly screwing in the coil, and it never happened again. Pretty reliable tank, but it also reliably gurgles on every refill. I learned to minimize that by closing the airflow adjuster before opening, and as RayofLight62 said, doing it quickly. Just holding the button a moment before the first draw after filling helps burn off some of the excess.

At first, I didn't like the .7, but like stols001, now actually prefer it...sometimes. It heats up faster, and can generate a fuller vape, but also seems to be a warmer vape. Both are good, though.

And I llike that mouthpiece, too. Never really thought about it, but recently put the mouthpiece on another tank (just so I could tell the difference between 2 other identical tanks, and realized I really like that flared design. Very comfortable.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I like that they have a slightly smoother draw, without sacrificing that MTL experience. Where do I get them? Gosh, I'm not a spreadsheet person. I've bought them from 3F, I think, bought some from the classifieds here, and from a couple different vape stores that I can't really remember, usually at discount prices. They may be harder to find, I'm not sure, I like the 1.8 almost as much, but prefer the flavor of the 1.6 and they do seem to last a tad longer. Good to know, at some point if they get crazily hard to find, I'll have to check out where I can get some in bulk. Haven't really had issues though and haven't paid "retail" price either....

I'm sorry I'm not more organized! :)

Anna

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
I just got this one ... WOW! I must say!

l8Mfl8k.jpg

I vape both MTL and DTL and using Kayfun V5 and V3 mini for MTL. Kayfun's are definitely top quality MTL's in flavor and draw, but they are not handy for carrying around (too high).
This Nautilus 2 did really win my heart.
It will remain in my pocket! ;)

Bonev

Nov 4, 2017
IMG_9005.JPG
IMG_9008.JPG
This is my best thinks still learn alot i am new in vaping from 2 months only still look for smoking only not like before i smoke 20 years usually strong cigarettes and 20-40 per day cut him drasticly.aswell now wait my new IQOS because wish tryed when have hunger for cigarette think be good alternative.
My point cut totally cigarettes soon.

Really Black Note e liquids are so good only so expensive are in UK.
And found this Drakes is similar to him and like.
With rebuildable i am new and have some leaking issues maybe because O-rings and because learn now.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The Berserker is a fantastic MTL tank and I really am enjoying it a great deal. Very nice MTL action, and easy to build on. I know a lot of folks don't like its dimensions, but if you are using a mod that can take that size tank without overhang, I would not hesitate to recommend it, it's my favorite RTA so far. I have a Siren arriving... soon.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread