Nautilus 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Hi Philabos. The right battery depends on what setting you're vaping at and how many batteries are in your device. Once you know those answers, go here to find out what CDR you'll require:

Calculating battery current draw for a regulated mod | E-Cigarette Forum

Then go here to find a battery with the proper CDR:

Mooch's Recommended Batteries | E-Cigarette Forum

Given that the Nautilus 2 is an MTL tank, you'll probably wind up concluding that one of these will suit you:

• Samsung 30Q
  • Samsung 25R
  • LG HG2
  • Sony VT6

Note that the recommended batteries chart has a list of good battery suppliers on the bottom. It's best to buy from one of those because it reduces your risk of counterfeits and the companies are known to be reliable.

Reactions: stols001

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
I actually have my nautilus 2 coming in the mail tomorrow. The battery I researched on, and decided to try, is the innokin coolfire pebble. This one seems tiny, with decent battery life.

I will let you know how it goes!

Also, I was considering an eleaf istick 30w or 40w, and the zelos (sells as a starter kit with nautilus 2).

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
The Nautilus 2 will work on any recent device, and number of not-so-recent ones as well. With an MTL tank like the Nautilus 2, you need a lower wattage setting. There are limits to how high you can go on each device, but as far as I know they all go down to the bottom. The only effect of getting a higher-powered battery than you need is that it will tend to last longer between charges.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Thanks. Perhaps the Zelos is the way to go but I will wait to see how you do with the pebble.
The Pebble will work with your N2 fine. The only concern is the battery life of 1300 mah. Depends on how much you vape might not last the whole day. Just make sure to charge it when you can. If you are looking for a device that That has a external battery, the Eleaf Pico is a perfect match for the N2. You can put a 3000 mah battery in it and it will last you all day.
If you want an internal battery the Zelos is 2500 mah device that should last you all day. If you had the Pebble and the Zelos there is no way your gonna run out of battery life on the N2. Always safe to have back ups to stay off the cigs.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd agree on purchasing a backup, esp. with that battery. If you do want an internal battery with longer run time either the zelos 50 or 75 would work, both fairly inexpensive. Technically, you can run a MTL tank on almost any battery but the more wattage you use and the more you vape, the more battery "life" you will need. If you do purchase a backup setup, lots are available. Nothing wrong with using an internal battery, just know it will have a shelf life, depending on how you treat it, how much you use it (most batteries can only be charged so many times, that does include external batteries, but you can keep your mod-- though some of those have shelf lives as well) and how the USB port holds up. Internal batteries can be easier to start with, as you aren't needing to buy batteries, an external charger, etc. That said, I use a two battery external battery mod with my MTL setup, I just enjoy great battery life.

One thing, most external battery mods are "regulated" mods, that means they will calculate the recommended "draw" from the battery, it's not a fixed draw like an unregulated mod. They're still called mods, well, IDK why. But unless you buy a MECH mod, you won't have safety issues in the same way as you will if you buy a REGULATED mod, so that safety issue shouldn't factor into your calculations, though if you have two decent internal battery mods (one just for backup, or alternate both) you should be fine to start. No need to overcomplicate things. Most people DO recommend at least one backup (mod AND tank) just in case something goes wrong and you can't vape one setup for a bit.

Best of luck and welcome to ECF!

Anna

Philabos

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2017
Thanks for the suggestions.
I am very careful to keep backups, especially since I just quit the cigs. No excuses.
I have a little kanger 650 with a 510 clearomizer that works amazingly well for a $12 set up. Also a kanger 1000 with an innokin I16. Also a Triton I and II. The I works fine, the II runs way too hot but I have discussed that before. Live and learn. So I have plenty of stand by options.
Always thinking of next steps, so appreciate all the advice.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
I got my stuff in the mail, and only tested it a little bit.

But the coolfire pebble seems amazing. This thing is TINY, and looks good with the N2.

I'm a super noob to all of this, the only real comparison I have is a triton II, and this combo destroys it.

I'll update with battery life, I'm always close to a charger, so I'm not super worried

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
So, after a small sample size of using the nautilus 2 with an Innokin Coolfire Pebble, I can safely say that I really enjoy the experience.

This battery is TINY, and fits well in the pocket, and with the nautilus 2 on top. Its super convenient and works great so far.

As far as battery life. I use it quite regularly while driving, and throughout the morning. Right before lunch, the battery was still above 50%, closer to 70%. While I worked out, just for an hour, I charged the battery back to full really quickly, and it lasted the rest of the day. I don't vape much at home, so the battery was still left when I went to bed. I don't think I would have even needed that mid day charge, but just testing it out.

Overall I like it a lot. The nautilus 2 has been giving me some problems, nothing major, its just a complete pain in the rear to refill, and needs to be refilled often for my usage.

I think I will pick up an original nautilus, and see how that works for me with the 5ml tank.

Xbbjlv7

Moved On
Sep 22, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: New identity of previously banned member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread