Status
Not open for further replies.

SunnyHours

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Canada
Hey guys!

I just bought a Provari Mini from the classifieds and I need an upgrade from the Aspire BDC I've been using. It does work pretty well, actually better than everything I've tried, although the drag is too tight, like I have to pull the liquid in or I get "toasty" hits. So after reading a bunch of things I'm wondering what's better.

I've used cartomizers in the past, but I always worry or feel like there isn't enough juice in it...after a fresh fill there's nothing better. Here's where things become "complicated". I tried a really cheap Smoktech DCT tank and hated it! I was using Virgin Vapors 100% VG at the time but I was always having troubles with it. Would I get better performance with the IBTanked? I switched to a ProTank 1 for that reason and although it was ok, I was having a lot of problems with Gurgling. The tank seemed like it wasn't making a good seal though it didn't leak...

Normally, I'd get both. But having just over-extended myself for a Provari I'm trying to make the right decision at first instead of spending some more money I don't have...
At least, if I spent all my money getting some vaping gear, I know I won't be going to get a pack of smokes hehe (positive thinking!)

I see so many IBTanked owners that it seems like the best option, especially considering they have very reasonable prices, and even Reasonable shipping to Canada!:ohmy:

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I use IBTANKEDS religiously on my Provari. The thing with 100% VG and a cartotank is the size of the holes. I use ikenvape nitros. They come stock with 1 hole in them. What I did was, I went to Lowes and got a saddle valve. Theyre used to punch holes in copper tubing for ice makers and such.

I use it to widen the stock hole, and punch a new one opposite. They make them quite a bit bigger and they wick 100%"like a champ. I vape Bobas Bounty and Gorilla Juice in them all the time!

This is the saddle valve I bought. I watched a You Tube video on how to use it properly.
http://m.lowes.com/pd_25628-104-A-50_0__?productId=3133463

Works like a champ! Heres the size it makes the hole.
1ed38f6c16ae991340c8b47a39076f7a.jpg

Sent from my Atari 2600 using Tapatalk

Anarchy84

Jun 4, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
Hey guys!

I just bought a Provari Mini from the classifieds and I need an upgrade from the Aspire BDC I've been using. It does work pretty well, actually better than everything I've tried, although the drag is too tight, like I have to pull the liquid in or I get "toasty" hits. So after reading a bunch of things I'm wondering what's better.

I've used cartomizers in the past, but I always worry or feel like there isn't enough juice in it...after a fresh fill there's nothing better. Here's where things become "complicated". I tried a really cheap Smoktech DCT tank and hated it! I was using Virgin Vapors 100% VG at the time but I was always having troubles with it. Would I get better performance with the IBTanked? I switched to a ProTank 1 for that reason and although it was ok, I was having a lot of problems with Gurgling. The tank seemed like it wasn't making a good seal though it didn't leak...

Normally, I'd get both. But having just over-extended myself for a Provari I'm trying to make the right decision at first instead of spending some more money I don't have...
At least, if I spent all my money getting some vaping gear, I know I won't be going to get a pack of smokes hehe (positive thinking!)

I see so many IBTanked owners that it seems like the best option, especially considering they have very reasonable prices, and even Reasonable shipping to Canada!:ohmy:

I've been using IBTanked units for about a year, and I generally like them. Recently a friend gave me a Nautlius Mini with BVC coils to try, and I fell in love with it. I now own 3 of them. I won't be going back to cartos.

The Nautilus BVC coils provide really good vapor / flavor, they're super easy to clean and fill, and I never have to worry about cleaning my 510 connection because of juice drops (like with carto-tanks). After a month of using the Nautilus Mini my Provari's copper pin is still spotless. The air flow control is also very nice. I would highly recommend getting the stainless steel tank sleeve if you're going with the Nautlius.

Edit - I also use 100% VG Virgin Vapors liquid exclusively. It wicks very well and has no gurgling issues with the BVC coils.

:2c:

Here's a photo:

anarchy84-albums-pics-picture378275-img-20141002-131718-2.jpg

Last edited:

SunnyHours

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Canada
I already have a Nautilus Mini and it's great, I have to admit I wanted the SS cover but when I saw the shaft and balls shaped window I decided against it hehe
I'll probably be getting an RBA soon so I can finally try one.
Being a chain vaper even with the Nautilus I sometimes get to the 3rd of 4th puff and it starts getting a bit dry, but it's still the best clearo I tried :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sooper Squirrel

Oct 8, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
I've been using IBTanked units for about a year, and I generally like them. Recently a friend gave me a Nautlius Mini with BVC coils to try, and I fell in love with it. I now own 3 of them. I won't be going back to cartos.

The Nautilus BVC coils provide really good vapor / flavor, they're super easy to clean and fill, and I never have to worry about cleaning my 510 connection because of juice drops (like with carto-tanks). After a month of using the Nautilus Mini my Provari's copper pin is still spotless. The air flow control is also very nice. I would highly recommend getting the stainless steel tank sleeve if you're going with the Nautlius.

Edit - I also use 100% VG Virgin Vapors liquid exclusively. It wicks very well and has no gurgling issues with the BVC coils.

:2c:

Here's a photo:

anarchy84-albums-pics-picture378275-img-20141002-131718-2.jpg

Couldn't agree more. Great tank. The BVC's are wonderful. Consistently good taste and vape volume from first fire to the last. I'd be hard pressed to come up with anything negative about the Nautilus Mini and BVC. IMHO, best daily driver tank and coil on the market right now.

cmangoboogie

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
buffalo, NY
Couldn't agree more. Great tank. The BVC's are wonderful. Consistently good taste and vape volume from first fire to the last. I'd be hard pressed to come up with anything negative about the Nautilus Mini and BVC. IMHO, best daily driver tank and coil on the market right now.
Cheers I love mine. No Fuss no Mess there great.
I had a full size and grabbed a mini when they came out. Now I just grab bvc's for both the mini and the full size.
Mainly take the mini out of the house on the ipv v2..
At home tho constantly switching what im using. Evic> Stingray> ipv v2>Mvp (once in awhile) looking to upgrade the mvp out of my lineup .
Just not enough power. Idk about you but I run the bvc anywhere from 12watts to all the way to 20 with no burnt dry hits! Love it! ;)
4c08433584e63a4785a13eda5bdda1d7.jpg
330db7c6489c88414ccd73f148e3649a.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Reactions: WonderDude32

cmangoboogie

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
buffalo, NY
Hey guys!

http://online.aspirecig.com/atlantis-c-16.html

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
I have 2 IBTANKED attys and a regular Nautilus and the mini.

I have used both Boge and Smok cartos, flanged and unflanged, at various ohms in my IBTANKED attys.

The overall vape from the BVC's is significantly better than a carto vape for me. The IBTANKED is just the gimmick that holds the juice.

Cartos taste and vape the same in any atty IMHO. An F17 vapes exactly as the IBTANKED or any other carto atty IMHO.

G/L

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
I use IBTANKEDS religiously on my Provari. The thing with 100% VG and a cartotank is the size of the holes. I use ikenvape nitros. They come stock with 1 hole in them. What I did was, I went to Lowes and got a saddle valve. Theyre used to punch holes in copper tubing for ice makers and such.

I use it to widen the stock hole, and punch a new one opposite. They make them quite a bit bigger and they wick 100%"like a champ. I vape Bobas Bounty and Gorilla Juice in them all the time!

This is the saddle valve I bought. I watched a You Tube video on how to use it properly.
Lowe's Home Improvement

Works like a champ! Heres the size it makes the hole.
1ed38f6c16ae991340c8b47a39076f7a.jpg

Great post- I need to get some nitros. Do they come in 35mm, flanged at 1.6-2 ohm? I don't think the Nitros are flanged so using them on an IBT is finicky...

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
They do. But theyre usually out of stock. I just get lucky sometimes and am able to grab a few boxes every now and then. And yes theyre flanged.

510 Nitro 1.7

Man, I scoured that site looking for the 35MM version and there she is! Thank you.

I filled my email in the "please notify me when in stock" box.

Nice! Perfect for my IBTANKEDs...Using non flanged in my IBT is a PITA!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread