Jun 30, 2013
AU
Last edited:

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Both sources (at least in their picture) show the old style small wicking hole heads, if that is what you receive keep in mind those were discontinued more than 2 years ago.
Hundreds of thousands were in stock when they changed the wicking material type & wicking hole design.
Both reference them as new style, newer than the original BDC heads yes, but not at all the same as the newest bvc heads, large wicking hole cotton wicking material.
Low price bargain sites still to this day sell the old stock v1 BVC / old style small wicking hole heads.

The standard & mini size nautilus, triton mini & nautilus 2 heads are interchangeable.

I didn't see a price difference between the nautilus heads.
The price difference you see between the two could be old style vs new style or nautilus bvc vs non nautilus bvc.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Like I said, the nautilus full size & mini, triton mini & nautilus 2 heads are interchangeable.
The only difference is the resistance of the newest .7Ω head that came out with the release of the nautilus 2.

The nautilus v1 small wicking hole heads used bioceramic cloth as wicking material, many folks questioned the safety of using this wicking material, not me, but many folks.

Everyones experience may be different, I've never had a single clone/copycat head give a satisfactory vape, lots of duds, many leaked brand new right out of the package, many didn't wick well, I received many supposedly 1.8Ω that ranged from 1.515Ω to 2.204Ω

I only use authentic aspire big hole / newest version replacement heads.
Usually find them from a US vendor online for +/- $10 per 5 pack.
Last purchase was a box of 20 5 packs - $168 from a local B&M US based authorized dealer.

How long a head lasts is more reliant on the liquid you use.
Goopy gunky flavorings, colored, overly flavored and especially sweet liquids tend to clog wicking material & gunk coils rapidly. Under powering also increases coil gunking & shortens head life.

Last edited:

mattrix

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2013
AU
How long a head lasts is more reliant on ....
I know, I just thought if someone went from V1 to V2 they would notice if lifespan was different.

Still, dilemma solved, I'll get one of each.

It appears the V1 also have a smaller air path, and the triton mini have a larger air path. Not sure about the V2 nauti's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread