Nautilus Mini - severe flooding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dabobo

Nov 17, 2015
I'm practically drinking e-liquid my nautilus mini is leaking so much. I get tired of shaking it on a daily basis to get the liquid out of the tank hole, with the drip tip off. I vape at 5 volts with 1.8 ohm coils, and the liquid has a 70pg/30vg ratio. Any solutions before I consider a different tank?

I don't understand why this is happening, but here's what it looks like every couple of hours when I lay it upside down:

leaknaut6.jpg

Reactions: David Wolf

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    As soon as mine starts to gurgle, I tip the bottom upwards somewhat.

Try to make sure the top part of the tank under the driptip is very snug. Some have had luck with reversing the gasket where that part connects.

If you have the airflow set to one of the smaller holes, don't inhale hard. Gently inhaling works.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2016
    I'm practically drinking e-liquid my nautilus mini is leaking so much. I get tired of shaking it on a daily basis to get the liquid out of the tank hole, with the drip tip off. I vape at 5 volts with 1.8 ohm coils, and the liquid has a 70pg/30vg ratio. Any solutions before I consider a different tank?

I don't understand why this is happening, but here's what it looks like every couple of hours when I lay it upside down:

View attachment 645295
    Sounds like it could be the coil..maybe it's defective or missing an o ring... the mini is a strait forward device, not much to it.. I would try a new coil..that's the only problem I've ever had with them.. in the last 2+ years..

SteveS45

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    When my Mini BVC coil started flooding I checked for the o-ring on the bottom which was still in place and as far as I could determine it was the cotton which was allowing the e-Liquid to flood the coil. If you blew it out it worked and delivered a vape but just allowed too much liquid in even just sitting. It was not running out the tank through the air passages unless of course you blew into it. Been using them since I started with a MOD/Tank setup so I pretty much know them thoroughly enough.

David Wolf

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 11, 2014
    Charlotte, NC

View attachment 645295
    That's higher volts than I ever ran on a Naughty mini with 1.8 ohm coils. Hard to troubleshoot from here but I would take out the seals and inspect and clean. Put them back in and lubricate a little with juice. And put in a new coil. I replaced my coils about every two or three days when the taste was off or they get gurgly, and had no leaks.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    That's higher volts than I ever ran on a Naughty mini with 1.8 ohm coils. Hard to troubleshoot from here but I would take out the seals and inspect and clean. Put them back in and lubricate a little with juice. And put in a new coil. I replaced my coils about every two or three days when the taste was off or they get gurgly, and had no leaks.

I don't know why that would be too high, because if it's too high it would be barely so. I find the sweet spot running the mini on a provari is 4.7 volts.. at this voltage, the flavor is nice and the coils last longer.

David Wolf

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 11, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I don't know why that would be too high, because if it's too high it would be barely so. I find the sweet spot running the mini on a provari is 4.7 volts.. at this voltage, the flavor is nice and the coils last longer.
    Lol who said "too high"? You must be wanting to argue. Argue with the guy who said "too high" lol all I did was state the facts about how I vape and offer some advice to a fellow who has leaks :D

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Lol who said "too high"? You must be wanting to argue. Argue with the guy who said "too high" lol all I did was state the facts about how I vape and offer some advice to a fellow who has leaks :D

Lol.. not wanting to argue.. probably just tired and misread.. :)

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Actually the way I wrote that, its almost implied that 5V was "too high" so I hereby take full responsibility for the misunderstanding and absolve you of any fault in the matter. Lol :D

Lol.. nah, I really was tired. You don't have to take responsibility.. :) My fault truly.

I honestly didn't know why this person's nautilus mini would leak though.. mine never has..

What your saying and just making sure everything is tight enough are the only thing I can think of...

In general I have nothing to add. Because, I have never had one leak.

But if you would like to argue... haha haha..

:D

David Wolf

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 11, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Lol.. nah, I really was tired. You don't have to take responsibility.. :) My fault truly.

I honestly didn't know why this person's nautilus mini would leak though.. mine never has..

What your saying and just making sure everything is tight enough are the only thing I can think of...

In general I have nothing to add. Because, I have never had one leak.

But if you would like to argue... haha haha..

:D
    No leaks? Oh yeah? Haha well leaks are an interesting subject. I have three Naughty Mini's and mine have never leaked either, tightest tanks I own. And most others I've heard from say the same, yet there are a number of people here who have reported leaks and some were top seal was backwards. Or other seal issues or coil seals. Some we had no idea of the cause, maybe defects in dimensions.
    I posted once about having leaks out the airholes of my subtank mini and immediately received the kind helpful feedback from a gent who said "I have four and they've never leaked you must be doing something wrong" haha. Whereupon I did a search and a zillion people on this forum reported leaks and 3 out of 3 people at worked said they sometimes have a leak out the airholes, yet others have reported none. Being an engineer I did leak test etc and finally figured with the thin high PG juice I vape to get the original V1 Rba, this has minimized leakage for me. So I'm not so quick to declare someone an idiot if they have a leak because I've met some idiots who never have leaks haha :rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread