Nautilus Nano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechx

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2016
I couldn't find much on the Nautilus nano so I figured I would post some pics. When I discovered it uses nautilus bvc coils I had to have it. I've been vaping on this little tank for a few days and so far I'm enjoying it. Anyone else using this?

20161014_193936_zpsvapikax9.jpg

Size compared to the nautilus mini.
20161014_193702_zps5u9it5dd.jpg

20161014_193743_zpswnnchtc8.jpg

Its strikingly similar to the cleito. Maybe they should have named it cleito mini :blink:
20161014_193817_zpstkp1q5d9.jpg

Mechx

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2016
It's a mtl tank but a very restricted DL is possible. It kind of in the middle. I use a strange slipstream technique so it's perfect for me.

I picked this up as part of the "milspec kit". I am having issues with the mod it comes with and as of right now I can't recommend it. I'm in contact with vendor and hopefully it gets resolved.

Last edited:

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
It's a mtl tank but a very restricted DL is possible. It kind of in the middle. I use a strange slipstream technique so it's perfect for me.

I picked this up as part of the "milspec kit". I am having issues with the mod it comes with and as of right now I can't recommend it. I'm in contact with vendor and hopefully it gets resolved.

I saw this set up at my neightborhood B&M and I am interested in it until I saw your post. Since you are having issues with it I will hold off. Can you please elaborate on the issues and how it is being resolved by Milspec. Thanks.

Mechx

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2016
The resistance was fluctuating badly. I tried multiple tanks and all had the same issue. I'm sure it is a bad 510 connection. I contacted the vendor and they are sending a replacement promptly.

I understand these things are mass produced and I probably just got a lemon. I'm not bashing milspec at all. I love this little setup and if the new one works properly it will quickly become my go-to device when running errands or at work.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
The resistance was fluctuating badly. I tried multiple tanks and all had the same issue. I'm sure it is a bad 510 connection. I contacted the vendor and they are sending a replacement promptly.

I understand these things are mass produced and I probably just got a lemon. I'm not bashing milspec at all. I love this little setup and if the new one works properly it will quickly become my go-to device when running errands or at work.

Thanks — I really like the looks and size of it and as you said great for running errands. I will hold off purchasing until you get your replacement. Were you able to try the 0.7 ohm coil? It seems none of the online vendors are carrying the 0.7 ohm coils although my B&M has them but are expensive in comparison to the Nautilus and Triton Mini coils.

Mechx

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2016
Compared to the 1.8 or 1.6 the .7ohm is a whole different animal.It's warm for a mtl hit but makes a lot of vapor. I was direct lunging it and it was producing impressive clouds for such a tiny tank. Hopefully online vendors start selling them soon. I will be buying more.

I'm still curious why aspire don't list this tank on the website...

Last edited:

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
The few reviews that are out there everyone seems to like the 0.7 ohm coil.

From what I read Aspire cannot sell the nano kit and is available through their US distributor (EC Supply Inc.) who in turn sells to the various vendors. The only possibility of gettng extra tanks would be if someone like milspecindustry dot com would eventually decide to sell the nano tank by itself. Maybe if they got enough request for it they may consider it - IDK.

Reactions: Mechx

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
I saw this kit a month or so ago somewhere (cant remember), but at first glance thought the tank was the X tank so I moved on. I wouldnt mind having this tank sense its actually a Nautilus tank that takes the regular bvc coils. Not particularly interested in the kit for $50 but would like the tank stand alone, or the kit in the $30 price range.
If I knew for sure the mod was reliable I suppose $50 is fair for the setup. I have my doubts on the mod, but the tank is probably pretty good for mtl and flavor.

Reactions: David Wolf

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
@Mechx - When you get the new mod, can you please advise if the connection issues are gone as well as the battery rattling. When I was at my B&M, the mod did not have these issues. I had my 22mm Kabuki tank that uses a Natuilus coil with me and the mod read the atomizer. BTW the 22mm diameter fits nicely on the mod with no overlap. I may need to stop by my local B&M and bite the bullet and purchase one of the 0.7 ohm coils to try in my Kabuki.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
Im interested to see the PB review on it. Grimm did a first impression on it he liked it alot. Im sure the cons will be capacity, non replaceable drip tip, airflow, can't change coil without emptying tank and battery rattle. Pros obviously flavor , compact , replaceable battery , etc.

For me the only possible con could be the non replaceable drip tip although I will not know for sure until I try it. I generally like to use my own tips. The rest of the cons knowing this ahead of time if I buy it and don't like it for these reasons, I will have nothing to complain about. Still very much interested though regardless.

Reactions: David Wolf

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
I bought two of the Nautilus Nano 0.7 ohms coils. Normally I prefer a cooler vape and as @Mechx stated it is a warmer vape over the high ohm Nautilus coils. I find it to be a very smooth and pleasant vape though IMO. My initial impression is that they have an edge in flavor over the higher ohm coils. I am anxious to see how long the nano coils last over the other coils or if there is no difference.

If anyone comes across the 0.7 ohm coils at a decent price, please post the information in this thread.

Edited: When I went to my local B&M to purchase the coils, I did take a look at the Milspec mod again. There was no battery rattle and no issue making a connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread