Not open for further replies.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
So the same coils as in a Nautilus?

Interesting. I didn't even know this existed. I went to two local B&Ms yesterday as my wife is travelling and I wanted to get her a backup tank that took Nautilus coils. I asked both B&Ms if there was anything new and exciting that took Nautilus coils and both said no, and I bought a Triton Mini (also a great tank for MTL).

I gotta check this one out...

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
So the same coils as in a Nautilus?

Interesting. I didn't even know this existed. I went to two local B&Ms yesterday as my wife is travelling and I wanted to get her a backup tank that took Nautilus coils. I asked both B&Ms if there was anything new and exciting that took Nautilus coils and both said no, and I bought a Triton Mini (also a great tank for MTL).

I gotta check this one out...
The Triton Mini also takes Nautilus coils :)

Reactions: NotSoMini

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
The Triton Mini also takes Nautilus coils :)
Yup. That's why I bought two for my wife. She likes the Nautilus and Nautilus Mini, but hates filling them. She is good with top flow though and I think the Triton Mini is a rock solid tank.

I also use Kabukis from time to time (Nautilus coils) and in the past made the mistake of buying every new latest and greatest tank that came out and at one point was buying 6-7 different types of coils. Now it is only Nautilus coils for me and the odd Kanger OCC if I am travelling and my STM RBA gunks up.

I did a quick search and can't find the Nautilus Nano available for sale unless in a kit. Weird as it was announced in August...

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
The Nautilus 0.7 ohm coil works perfectly in my Kabuki P3. With my 510 version, I need to swap out the pin with a Nautilus pin just like what has to be done with the Triton Mini coils. I really like the 0.7 and they work well with my high VG leiquids whereas the Nautilus BVCs were a hit or miss and mostly a miss. Good flavor for me. The hole on the bottom pin on the 0.7 is just slightly bigger than the Nautlus BVC so I am not sure what its benefit is — maybe someone else might know. I continue to use the 1.8 with my 50/50 eliquids. The only place to buy these online is through the Milspec Industry website. There are a number of online vendors selling the kit and not the 0.7 ohm coils — strange. Instead they state to use the 1.6 or 1.8 coils. I am hoping that ecig dot com gets enough requests for these that they will carry them. In the meantime my neightborhood B&M has them in addition to the kit so that is where I am buying my coils from.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Yup. That's why I bought two for my wife. She likes the Nautilus and Nautilus Mini, but hates filling them. She is good with top flow though and I think the Triton Mini is a rock solid tank.

I also use Kabukis from time to time (Nautilus coils) and in the past made the mistake of buying every new latest and greatest tank that came out and at one point was buying 6-7 different types of coils. Now it is only Nautilus coils for me and the odd Kanger OCC if I am travelling and my STM RBA gunks up.

I did a quick search and can't find the Nautilus Nano available for sale unless in a kit. Weird as it was announced in August...
I also have a kabuki clone it's my weekend tank :)

Mechx

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2016
I emailed milspec about who manufacturers the tank and coils and here was the response. "Nautilus nano is build by Aspire as a proprietary item for the Milspec MIni Kit.
The coils are also manufactured by Aspire"

After having this tank a while I can honestly say prefer the mini over the nano for various reasons. I have been running the nautilus mini with the .7 and the flavor is nothing short of excellent. If milspec owns the rights to the coils this is their cash cow and they should push them.

I also have a kabuki clone coming over on the slow boat, it should be here in about 8-10 years :lol:.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
Milspec needs to do better marketing of this kit. Most people have never heard of it. They also need to lower the outrageous price on the 0.7 ohm coils or the coils need to be more widely available at a better price to create some competition.

Expect to hear from you in 8 or 9 months ;) on how you like the Kabuki. I have been using my Kabukis (authentic) for over a year now and for me it is the best flavor and air flow in combination with the Nautilus coils. On occasion I try other tanks and end up ditching them in favor of the Kabuki.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
My Aspire/MilSpec kit is arriving today. What I find odd is the advertising of this mod as MilSpec being a new American company making this mod, which is NOT true. Months a go, I had my eye on this mod, which was originally called the "SMY MR.Q 40 watt". Here is the link to confirm:

Original SMY MR.Q 40W TC Box Mod

I've had too many issues with Gearbest, so I never ordered it. Then a few months later, I see this Aspire/MilSpec mod, exactly the same, except you get this new 1300mah 18350 battery. I've been hoping our battery guru "Mooch" gets to test this, as all other 18350 batteries till this point max out at 800mah's. Like the AW 18350 12 amp. Mooch has already confirmed that Aspire has been guilty of over rating it's batteries in the past.

So I will therefore assume, this company MilSpec is buying the SMY Mr. Q mods, and just has their own brand logo printed on it, and made a deal with Aspire to supply the battery. I don't have a problem with any of this, other then some of the misleading online info on this mod, as it is really an SMY product. I have 3 SMY SDNA75 mods, and they seem good.

Some of the YouTube reviewers claim part of the profits of these sales will go toward getting vaping gear in the hands of US military members, as supposedly the owner of MilSpec is an ex-military member, but don't see this mentioned at all on the MilSpec website, something you would expect to see if true!

I looked pretty close at the minimal MilSpec website and can not find any real info about this "new" company, and where it's actually located, my instincts tell me, most likely a Chinese site.

If I find I like this mod, the MilSpec site does sell the Aspire 18350 batteries, and so far those are hard to find on any of the reliable US battery sites. They except PayPal, so again I suspect they would ship from China.

Mechx

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2016
I have to agree with you.

Also I have no way of accurately testing this battery but I can tell you the capacity feels like 700-800mah. The runtime and voltage sag is similar to my efest purples.

20161126_060850_zpsgkj0yz2u.jpg

20161126_060928_zps2z6scsao.jpg

20161126_060811_zpsjfpwmngu.jpg

20161126_060733_zpshkgv6hka.jpg

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
I just completed an unscientific experiment. I ran down both the Aspire 1300mAh, and a AW 800mAh batteries in the Milspec mod. (Each in new condition) The "low battery" message appears when the batteries reach 3.6 volts. With my Xtar VP2 charger set to a .5 amp charge, the Aspire reached the 4.2 volt complete charge, 25 minutes LONGER then the AW. So perhaps they do have some more capacity, but without a charger that can measure capacity properly, it's hard to know for sure. Hopefully MOOCH will get one of these Aspire's soon.

As far as the mod, works fine in wattage mode, but with both SS & titanium coils in TC mode, the presets seem way off. To get a similar vape, I had to increase the temp almost 100f. Maybe just this unit, but I won't be buying anymore of these, besides they are way overpriced compared to similar speced mods.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
I did end up buying the kit and really like the feel of the mod as well as the flavor I get with the Nautilus 0.7 ohm coil with my higher VG eliquids. The only thing that bothers me is the automatic shut off. How do I extend the time before it shuts off or better yet turn it off completely? The instruction booklet that was enclosed did not talk about this. I thought for sure I wouldbn’t like the drip tip however I am finding that it is working well for me.

The one thing I noticed right off is the way the battery is removed with the ribbon. This reminds me of my Vapor Shark rDNA which I have had for several years because this is exactly how the battery is removed. Also the magnetic door works the same.

Plettschner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
CT
If you look on FastTech for "Cleito Mini", you will find what appears to be a Nautilus Nano.

I got one... hits just like a full sized Nautilus but pint sized. It uses Nautilus coils and came with an Aspire-branded coil in it too.

826571dbe1dc5cde53387b6db8a45276.jpg

341a0fda5636ac5d12cb226d228450c1.jpg

7774e8a1476fa2d0a5e5f8a41bd8b2c6.jpg

Sent from Uranus using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread