Nautilus out to pasture??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch2651

Aug 13, 2014
Pennsylvania
I've had my mini nautilus for a solid year now. It has been flawless except for recent months. I notice a lot of gurgling when I cape that I never used to get. I've gone through all the variables like changing juices and pg/VG ratios tightening loosening replacing coils ,cleaning. My only though left is the rubber rings are just worn and not able to create the same seal? It doesn't always spit but again it used to run flawless. I also remember getting more vapor. The only other thing I could think of was aspire changing to cotton in the bvc. Anyone else experience this? Anyone else use a tank for this long? Haha

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
I will be following this thread! I have two Nautilus minis that I have had since they fist came out and they are great! I bought two more a few weeks ago and both of them spit and gurgle so bad I can't get any decent vape! I have tried new coils in them several times and they still gurgle! Maybe it is the coils!

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
The only time I've had spitting or gurgling from my Nautilus was when it was way underpowered.

The old BDC coils worked best in the 10-12 watt range, but the new BVC coils require a LOT more power to work correctly. 15 watts minimum, and I use mine at 18.5 to 19.5 watts. They never gurgle or spit, don't burn juice, and I get around 150ml of juice through a single coil before I replace them.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    HAD.jpg
    HAD.jpg

57chilicat

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 3, 2011
    McKinney, TX
    I just took my new mini apart and result is that the glass tank is chipped on the top part where the top and drip tip are! This tank was brand new! So I will get a new glass tank replacement and see if that was the problem. Hopefully that will fix the problem and thankfully I did not throw away the three coils! I have my fingers crossed!

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I just took my new mini apart and result is that the glass tank is chipped on the top part where the top and drip tip are! This tank was brand new! So I will get a new glass tank replacement and see if that was the problem. Hopefully that will fix the problem and thankfully I did not throw away the three coils! I have my fingers crossed!
    Yay, Good luck!

Mitch2651

Aug 13, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    Hey all, thanks for the replies. I did some more messing around and found out what I was doing wrong( I think). Since I've had the tank I always just finger tightened the base back on after refilling. That works well when the o rings are fairly new but not so much when they are worn. To make up for the smaller and worn o rings I tighten it down more and it hasn't done it since.

Mitch2651

Aug 13, 2014
    Pennsylvania

I am willing to bet that was your problem. I cracked a tank as well although it wasn't even vapeable.

Mitch2651

Aug 13, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    Year old clraomizer.. Yeah the orings are bad or getting ther.. FWIW, everytime you unscrew or tighten something seal with an oring, you are also wear it down a little bit at at time. eventually they will no longer seal the gap they are intended because due to abrasion and compression they are smaller and harder.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I figured since its not creating the same vacuum tightening it down more should make up for it and it's worked so far

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread