Nautilus rubber gasket swelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

slayerh4x

Dec 4, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Just to let you know I searched for this issue and couldn't find anything.

I've been using my Nautilus and mini for a while now and they have been the best tanks I've owned. The big one holds a ton of juice, gives huge hits that taste great and is overall very good quality.

Just over the past two weeks I've had dry hits with BVC coils which never happens. I'm able to make it go away by taking hits without firing. I found out why this is happening and it's because the rubber gasket on the bottom hardware is enlarged. I'm not really sure why this is happening now but I haven't changed anything. I have two big nautilus and it happens on both of them. If I take it apart and let it sit the gasket will shrink back to normal size because it's not under suction anymore.

I'm not sure how to post the picture I took but i show one I left out and one that is swollen up. I can tell when it's starting to happen when I fill the tank and have to push hard to get it to start screwing back on. Has anyone else had this issue or heard about it? It's very strange...

slayerh4x

Dec 4, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
It's the big one that is part of the bottom hardware. I know what you mean with the atty one but it's not that.

Usually when you look at one they fit snugly and do not stick up over where the arty sits. The way mine have been getting they are really swollen and are almost growing big enough to push themselves off of the whole bottom piece. Imagine how a dry sponge is then how it looks wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread