Status
Not open for further replies.

tejas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2013
East Texas
Won this nifty tank in the Heaven Gifts contest last week. As always, it was shipped at warp speed, and I received it yesterday.
It's a nice little tank, good flavor, and vapor. The coils are 1.5 ohm, and working great at 17 watts. But it's truly an MTL tank, and a little too tight for me. The wife just tried it. She likes it, so it's hers now. :)

Thank you Heaven Gifts, and @AlmightyEvan :thumbs:

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Yes, I have tried it and I find it odd with it wide open it is restrictive at all for you. I have 3 Nautilus Minis and figured the X would blow them away but I am not thrilled with it. U-Tech coils I thought Wow got it said Ehhh.....

I don't know about it being restrictive, but I'm not that crazy about the flavor. When I first got it, I liked it more than I do now. Taking my cue from the post above, I'm going to try vaping it at 17 and see if that helps. I got the rainbow one, and I love the way it looks. Just wish I liked the flavor more.

Reactions: SteveS45

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I have tried it at high wattage and found some e-Liquids taste better at lower at 12W

Good to know. Thanks. The best flavor in it so far is Good Life Vapor's Tahitian Pearl. It's a pretty boldly flavored lime, pear and coconut juice. I was vaping it at around 12 - 15 before and I don't notice it being much improved at 17. I'll keep it at 17 for a bit and then I'll try it below 12 watts and see what happens.

I am thinking surely Aspire will do a new coil for it or make some revisions to the tank design or something. I so wanted this to be a great MTL tank with great flavor before the FDA puts the skids on everything.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Want to laugh? I was raising the Wattage on the N-X one day and got side tracked looking at the PC holding the +. And I fired it at 27.5 Watts! Man I noticed in less than a second!

Yikes!! I bet you did notice that quickly!! I did the same thing on my iStick 40 by mistake, but I had it three higher, at 30 watts. Boy was that a nasty hit!

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
The way it heated I noticed before it even got to 1 second! I smoked a coil testing a new MOD! I accidentally fired a Nautilus Mini at 50 Watts. Never near the mouth just hit the fire button. I stuck the drip tip near my nose and time to change the coil! LMAO

I guess so!! That's not an experience you'll forget soon!

nancybout

ECF Veteran
I am debating on it I have the first one I can't enjoy it as I used to- been sub ohm and dripping and I really MISS MTL I guess I need to stop and give it a break and just MTL-
Is the nautilus X more air than the regular nautilus or nautilus mini and can it take Max VG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
The reason I started sub ohm was I wanted Max VG-
Now I want MTL that can take high VG- that doesn't need building.
I lost my Kayfun lite and I'm so mad now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't been that impressed with the the flavor I get with the Nautilus X. I wanted to like it so badly that I've had a hard time accepting it. I keep vaping it at different wattages, and trying different juices, hoping for an improvement, but so far, no luck.

Today, I ordered a couple of Kanger Subtank Minis that I plan to use as an MTL tank with their 1.5 coils. I've been reading the stockpiling thread and saw that many MTL folks really like it and the Subtank Nano too. You might want to consider getting another Kayfun or even a Kayfun clone from Fast Tech. Health Cabin has a Kayfun Lite clone that is reported to be very good. It's also on sale for $5.

I've recently gotten a Kabuki 510 tank and it is by far the best MTL tank I've ever used. They are expensive -- nearly $100 -- so I plan to buy try out some Kabuki clones from Fast Tech. The price is right -- $15 -- so even if I don't love it, I haven't lost much. I've read the customer reviews on Fast Tech for the Kabuki clone below, and they are pretty impressive. And the coils for the Kabuki are pretty cheap, they're the same as the ones for my Nautilus Mini.

Wow! - Kabuki Styled BCC Bottom Coil Clearomizer: FastTech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread