Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I haven't been that impressed with the the flavor I get with the Nautilus X. I wanted to like it so badly that I've had a hard time accepting it. I keep vaping it at different wattages, and trying different juices, hoping for an improvement, but so far, no luck.

Today, I ordered a couple of Kanger Subtank Minis that I plan to use as an MTL tank with their 1.5 coils. I've been reading the stockpiling thread and saw that many MTL folks really like it and the Subtank Nano too. You might want to consider getting another Kayfun or even a Kayfun clone from Fast Tech. Health Cabin has a Kayfun Lite clone that is reported to be very good. It's also on sale for $5.

I've recently gotten a Kabuki 510 tank and it is by far the best MTL tank I've ever used. They are expensive -- nearly $100 -- so I plan to buy try out some Kabuki clones from Fast Tech. The price is right -- $15 -- so even if I don't love it, I haven't lost much. I've read the customer reviews on Fast Tech for the Kabuki clone below, and they are pretty impressive. And the coils for the Kabuki are pretty cheap, they're the same as the ones for my Nautilus Mini.

Wow! - Kabuki Styled BCC Bottom Coil Clearomizer: FastTech

I have to say I have a kabuki clone and it is my favorite tank for factory aspire coils. I still like a couple of my rtas over the Kabuki for flavor, but it was a great little FT buy for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Thank u!
Subtank mini isn't bad- I might cause I have the nautilus and one or two coils and haven't used it YET-
I'm saving it cause I'll never know. LoL

You are welcome. Good idea to keep the SubTank just in case. One other thing you might try is to get some of the Clapton MTL coils for your Nautilus Mini. I've heard ECF folks who say it's a major improvement over the regular Nauti Mini coils. I haven't tried them yet, but I definitely want to try them.

Reactions: nancybout

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I have to say I have a kabuki clone and it is my favorite tank for factory aspire coils. I still like a couple of my rtas over the Kabuki for flavor, but it was a great little FT buy for me.

I am so glad to hear you like the Kabuki clone. I've been blown away by what great flavor the regular Kabuki delivers! I plan to order a clone soon.

nancybout

ECF Veteran
31dff9f7404a37036f3137b8560f032d.png

Google it [emoji173]️
Mine en route if u have issue I'll get triton mini which I wanted anyways.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Yup. Those will not fit a Nautilus X. the X uses a combination coil/chimney construction. The coil is integral to that piece, and you cannot screw any other type of coil onto it. Those Claptons will fit a Nautilus, Nautilus mini, or a Triton mini only (well, and a Kabuki). Nauti X only specific coils will not fit any other tank at this time.

Edit: The Triton mini comes with one Clapton as well, so you should be all set for that tank with replacement coils (assuming you like the Claptons).

Last edited:

Clo

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2015
Tuttle, OK
www.facebook.com
I was having the very same issue with my Nautilus X at first and was really not digging it at all with the 1.5 coils. I was about ready to give up on it. Love my nautilus mini's and triton mini's still so I was just going to stick with them. Then I saw a post on another part of the forum and someone mentioned people were having way better luck with the newer 1.8ohm nautilus X coils. So I bought a 5 pack and I have to say the 1.8 coils for me are WAY better. Better flavor and I actually enjoy this MTL tank now. I found them on discount spots.com and vaporhq.com. Might give those a try and see if you like the flavor and performance better if you haven't liked the 1.5 coils :)

Reactions: drysprocket

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I was having the very same issue with my Nautilus X at first and was really not digging it at all with the 1.5 coils. I was about ready to give up on it. Love my nautilus mini's and triton mini's still so I was just going to stick with them. Then I saw a post on another part of the forum and someone mentioned people were having way better luck with the newer 1.8ohm nautilus X coils. So I bought a 5 pack and I have to say the 1.8 coils for me are WAY better. Better flavor and I actually enjoy this MTL tank now. I found them on discount spots.com and vaporhq.com. Might give those a try and see if you like the flavor and performance better if you haven't liked the 1.5 coils :)

I think I must have read the same thing about the 1.8 coils you read. I am so happy to hear this. I'll order the 1.8 coils. Thanks for sharing.

Clo

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2015
Tuttle, OK
www.facebook.com
A lot of my usual places do not have them. I only found them at discountvapers.com and vaporhq.com so far. I'm sure there may be others but I ordered from vaporhq and they have super fast shipping. I really gave my 1.5's a good try. I had my blueberry vanilla custard soaking and used that coil set up for almost a month and with two other flavors and still no good. The 1.8's were noticeably better for me almost immediately. I thought it was strange but oh well. Glad something worked out so the tank worked better for me :)

Reactions: drysprocket
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread