Not open for further replies.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Has anyone tried this? It looks interesting. They call it a genesis rta. But, rayon shouldn't be a problem, I don't think. The screw heads do look too rounded on the bottom though. They'ld probably need to be replaced.

They even have replacement glass tanks available!

Any opinions/experiences?

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Has anyone tried this? It looks interesting. They call it a genesis RTA. But, rayon shouldn't be a problem, I don't think. The screw heads do look too rounded on the bottom though. They'ld probably need to be replaced.

Its excellent. I have the genuine tiny one that holds (1ml) and the tank. The clones are shockingly good. THere is only a minor difference in the lines/ heat sinks on top cap. I love them.

I bought a pair in black and ss they are great on my Provaris and anything else.

I set mine up with cotton on a 2.4mm SS coil at around .80 resistance. THat particular one is the better of the 2 they have on FT. THe other one has hex screws like the genuine, but they are soft and wear fast. I prefer the phillip head screws that one you linked. Ive never had problems with the screws not making great contact.

I got the glass, but have never used them because they dont come with orings. I just dont want to take a chance on going oring less and have not found orings that completely work. Either they are too thick or you can see them and its not a "neat" look.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Has anyone tried this? It looks interesting. They call it a genesis RTA. But, rayon shouldn't be a problem, I don't think. The screw heads do look too rounded on the bottom though. They'ld probably need to be replaced.

I have a Micro. It's a Nice RDTA.

$10.44 Nectar Micro Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 316 stainless steel / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

It Hits well with Good Flavor. Just has a Very Small Tank. But I knew that when I ordered it.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
The Nectar has great flavor but is a sob to build on!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

You really think so? Its so easy and I usually have troubles, can you post a pict?

FRS5OrdrJ3zvH618LXfvsxjxzHorJ1k2IZyrUb7JSEw.jpg

DSC_6258.jpg

images

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I like mine now that I was able to get the negative screw off and replace it. Every time I tried to unscrew it the whole pole came with it. Took the whole tank apart and had to hold the neg pole with pliers while unscrewing the screw. Once I replaced that screw with one that came with, all was ok. I need to find flatter screw heads tho, cause it was a bear to trap those leads for me. Ended up practically wrapping the coil around the pole itself before I could get it tho. Anyone know what that screw size is?

:)

jcash74

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
MN
You really think so? Its so easy and I usually have troubles, can you post a pict?

FRS5OrdrJ3zvH618LXfvsxjxzHorJ1k2IZyrUb7JSEw.jpg

DSC_6258.jpg

images
I appreciate the offer to help, unfortunately I gave up on it. I couldn't get the leads trapped very easily. When they were trapped it seemed like they would come loose more often than not.
I'm not trying to discourage anyone, it was a great flavor tank. It just wasn't for me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I like mine now that I was able to get the negative screw off and replace it. Every time I tried to unscrew it the whole pole came with it. Took the whole tank apart and had to hold the neg pole with pliers while unscrewing the screw. Once I replaced that screw with one that came with, all was ok. I need to find flatter screw heads tho, cause it was a bear to trap those leads for me. Ended up practically wrapping the coil around the pole itself before I could get it tho. Anyone know what that screw size is?

I tried and tried to get that screw out of the post with players and a screw driver without success. I gave up on this one, but I will order another one from Ft and give it a shot. I want to try this Nectar.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... Ended up practically wrapping the coil around the pole itself before I could get it tho. Anyone know what that screw size is?

On my FT Nectar Micro, the Post Screws are M2.5 x 4mm LOT (LOT = Length of Thread)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I tried and tried to get that screw out of the post with players and a screw driver without success. I gave up on this one, but I will order another one from Ft and give it a shot. I want to try this Nectar.
Yes, it took quite the effort. If the pliers had not worked for me I was going to soak the pole with screw till attached and soak it in DW40 or something.
I would not give up on it and was at the point of not caring if I had messed it up because it was going to be useless to me UNLESS I got the screw off. I just made sure that the pole was held tight in the pliers so it would not move and after a few choice words, it finally gave way.

Last edited:

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Yes, it took quite the effort. If the pliers had not worked for me I was going to soak the pole with screw till attached and soak it in DW40 or something.
I would not give up on it and was at the point of not caring if I had messed it up because it was going to be useless to me UNLESS I got the screw off. I just made sure that the pole was held tight in the pliers so it would not move and after a few choice words, it finally gave way.

Thanks for the idea. I have a screw on another tank that absolutely refuses to come loose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South

I bought the glass and tried one and it started weeping. The POM tanks didn't leak, so that's a plus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread