• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Need a Jugheads temp replacement in Canada!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
I was looking for alternatives and had emailed 3 different sellers in Canada asking about 250ml pricing and did not get a reply from any of them. I guess they like selling tiny bottles for more money or something. 250ml probably doesn't have as much profit-per-ml

I cant speak for any company personally but I personally feel that there are some that are jealous of his success and his artistic creativity, not to mention, loyalty. I cant speak for Jughead personally as I dont know his nic online personally but i cant help but get the feeling he is likely one of the moral Vapers. I imagine him to be a long time Vaper, in on it long before it became "fashionable" and someone that likely wants to see the best for smokers, that is, giving up smoking, more than I believe him to be someone just in it for the money.

Secondly, we know that the bulk of money is made for Vape companies in their juice sales, hence profits. I think some are starting to gauge people. I was led to a Canadian retailer of juice, a company I understand that does have some very nice recipes but I saw some prices as high as $45 for 30ml.
I cant iimagine why anyone would pay that and the closer companies get to charging such exorbitant prices, the closer I would go to DIY my own juice.

It seems to defeat one of the two main purposes of vaping, to be gauged in ones Vape prices but, where money is to be made there will always be those more unscrupulous who will try to claim the moral high road OR suggest that their juice is more sophisticated...I personally feel that is a crock of doo do....and just think Jughead is one of the cool guys out there.

I cant help but get the feeling that Jughead is one of the good guys out there.
And if I am right and he is than I would never hesitate to support such a person, or such a company.
Many today pretend to be. I have a feeling hes the real deal.
I think he we are very fortunate to have him!
Very fortunate!

That said, my next step is DIY.
I dont kid myself and believe I could ever reproduce my fav Jughead juice but I wouldnt atttept to.
I feel his prices are fair and I will be a long term customer at this rate but at the same time, knowing the addict that i am and how unhappy I am when I am cut off from my juice I would like to at least be able to make 1-3 various juice recipes on my own that I love and one day Vape those alongside Jugheads just in case for any reason he shuts down one day and i havent anywhere to go.
I dont want to have to learn DIY under such pressure so the thought is that I would like to make my own as well in case I find myself without him.
I would not, on principle pay the prices some of these companies are charging when I hear it only costs, to make it yourself, 30mls for as low as $2 or so. Large companies will make it for far less considering the size of their buying power, etc, so I dont have any empathy for the high prices they are charging, especially newbies that dont know the scene yet, a place we have all been a part of at one time or another. But that is just simply my opinon only.

The short answer being that i have not yet found an alternative to Jugheads that makes me as happy as he does in all areas. I do think he is special for this reason but you have to be prepared to buy in bulk or u have to buy retail but even then I still believe his prices are very fair and higly sought after.

Which may help explain who so many Vapers think they should open up a Vape store once they have vaped for 2 months :)

Last edited:

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
I cant speak for any company personally but I personally feel that there are some that are jealous of his success and his artistic creativity, not to mention, loyalty. I cant speak for Jughead personally as I dont know his nic online personally but i cant help but get the feeling he is likely one of the moral Vapers. I imagine him to be a long time Vaper, in on it long before it became "fashionable" and someone that likely wants to see the best for smokers, that is, giving up smoking, more than I believe him to be someone just in it for the money.

Secondly, we know that the bulk of money is made for Vape companies in their juice sales, hence profits. I think some are starting to gauge people. I was led to a Canadian retailer of juice, a company I understand that does have some very nice recipes but I saw some prices as high as $45 for 30ml.
I cant iimagine why anyone would pay that and the closer companies get to charging such exorbitant prices, the closer I would go to DIY my own juice.

It seems to defeat one of the two main purposes of vaping, to be gauged in ones Vape prices but, where money is to be made there will always be those more unscrupulous who will try to claim the moral high road OR suggest that their juice is more sophisticated...I personally feel that is a crock of doo do....and just think Jughead is one of the cool guys out there.

I cant help but get the feeling that Jughead is one of the good guys out there.
And if I am right and he is than I would never hesitate to support such a person, or such a company.
Many today pretend to be. I have a feeling hes the real deal.
I think he we are very fortunate to have him!
Very fortunate!

That said, my next step is DIY.
I dont kid myself and believe I could ever reproduce my fav Jughead juice but I wouldnt atttept to.
I feel his prices are fair and I will be a long term customer at this rate but at the same time, knowing the addict that i am and how unhappy I am when I am cut off from my juice I would like to at least be able to make 1-3 various juice recipes on my own that I love and one day Vape those alongside Jugheads just in case for any reason he shuts down one day and i havent anywhere to go.
I dont want to have to learn DIY under such pressure so the thought is that I would like to make my own as well in case I find myself without him.
I would not, on principle pay the prices some of these companies are charging when I hear it only costs, to make it yourself, 30mls for as low as $2 or so. Large companies will make it for far less considering the size of their buying power, etc, so I dont have any empathy for the high prices they are charging, especially newbies that dont know the scene yet, a place we have all been a part of at one time or another. But that is just simply my opinon only.

The short answer being that i have not yet found an alternative to Jugheads that makes me as happy as he does in all areas. I do think he is special for this reason but you have to be prepared to buy in bulk or u have to buy retail but even then I still believe his prices are very fair and higly sought after.

Which may help explain who so many Vapers think they should open up a Vape store once they have vaped for 2 months :)

Just for the record Juggie did provide some of his best flavours in did concentrate, so you could but the vog, og and nic and make your fav flavours at home. Not sure if he is still offering that at this time. But it was something I thought long and hard about before. Glad to see him up on his feet. I need some reorders, but my flavours have changed and I don't know that I can commit to that big of bottle now.

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
Just for the record Juggie did provide some of his best flavours in did concentrate, so you could but the vog, og and nic and make your fav flavours at home. Not sure if he is still offering that at this time. But it was something I thought long and hard about before. Glad to see him up on his feet. I need some reorders, but my flavours have changed and I don't know that I can commit to that big of bottle now.

I dont know Juggie. I cant speak for him but I have long wondered HOW on earth he could do business the way that he does without seriously burning out!

I know not too long ago when he had a 250ml requirement, people would apparently order 1 x 250 but have him put it into several bottles in different flavours and sizes all to make 1 x 250ml order.

I only know this from having seen people talk of putting in such orders and to be honest, I was a bit aghast at it being done that way.
I have nothing but great praise for this man just from the teeny weeny bit I have seen but as much as i may dislike companies that gauge people, I also don't like to see the extreme with people perhaps taking advantage of someones kindness and generosity and feel that it was just too much to likely ask of him.

Let me stress that I DO NOT know him. We have never spoken. I don't know how he feels but my guess is just based on what I believe to be common sense but I say that not with any intent of upsetting anyone or insulting them lest they think that. But i just cant see how he could have done all I heard he did year after year without burning out.
From reading the page set up now, the minimum order is 150ml's.

I am fortunate because there are 2 of us here so we have more of a reason to buy in bulk. I just placed an order for 2 x 500mls but I also purchased about 6 x 250mls in the past 8 weeks so we are somewhat stocked up but I know I will be making very likely an order for 2 x 500mls once a month or so---his stuff is just too addictive...LOL...I think its the "crack ......." of Vape juice :vapor:

If I were one person and lived in the city or somewhere close, somewhat, to other Vapers, I would likely get together and do bulk orders so as to make it easier on shipping, and/ or split 250ml bottles or even a couple of 150mls split.
The other option is to buy from a store.
If you are only buying 30mls here or there than its likely fiscally better to buy through one of his distributors unless he mails out smaller orders without shipping costs? I dont know how they worked that out in the past though?
I ended up buying 2 x 250 ml bottles in 2 seperate flavours I was worried about running out of completely the week before the announced he was back.

Sure i wish I had waited but the store was running low themselves and I decided to take a chance in case jughead did not come back and the store ran out.
I got a slightly better deal than had i walked in off the street into any store because this one store i do buy other things in when I don't buy from FT.

On the bulk orders you dont get the free samples you once got when you purchased 100mls and over. I was thinking of that the other night and imagining just how much he was losing in that alone.
No doubt some wont be happy IF that happens but I dont begrudge them one bit as I believe his prices are more than fair and....well, when you try to make everyone happy, you soon discover you can't. Its an impossible task and you burn out in the meantime.

But I stress at no time have I spoken to him. I do not know him and have never had a converation about it but just a basic understanding of business and patterns I have noticed of late that woud suggest what I saying could be the new reality. We know at least for now it is.

I would try and find someone you trust that doesn't live too far away and combine your orders. That would be a great way to go about it if you can find someone in the same position as yourself. My guess is that it wouldn't be too difficult to arrange.

Last edited:

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
The 150ml option (not sure if new or not) is somewhat wallet friendly. I took a gamble on a 150ml watermelon Jolly Rancher....been wanting a candy like watermelon for a long time. Well see how it goes!

Also got my usual 250ml Swedish Pastry with extra concentrate

Curious what you mean by extra concentrate?
I ask as my partner LOVES his Swedish Pastry. I am not allowed to Vape it LOL.....hes very possessive so right now we only have one 250ml bottle unti i place another orderin about 3-4 weeks and hes worried I will Vape his too quickly as I go through more juice than he does so I have been told "Hands Off" for now :)
But what exactly does extra concentrate mean?
Just a stronger Vape? Or what?

I am asking for his benefit. I like sweet stuff and dont care for nutty spices but I DO love that Swedish Pastry. I think, guessing its cinnamon that its just perfect as is so does the concentrate make it stronger, or what?
I just mentioned your comment to "the partner" and his ears perked right up and asked me to ask you what that means?

I really thought about a Watermelon one myself---it might make it on to my next order so please, IF you remember, once you get it and know if you love it or not, please let me know.

So far I am strictly a "Kapt. Larrys Krunch"..."General Gruntz Vanilla Custard" kinda gal but I have just fallen in love as well with "Awesome Waffles".....and am trying what I believe to be a great Banana one this time the name of which at this moment escapes me but I will let people know what its like here once I know.

Will tell you one thing though...Hope I am not repeating myself and mentioned it in this thead earlier but I moved away from my origina Nautlius Mini tanks when I went to rebuilding and moved to Delta II and Kanger Sub Mini tanks. LOVE the Delta but it drinks the juice like an alcholic..."The Parnter" still prefers his Nautilus Mini's and we just got in the new 100% cotton pre made coils that are new to Aspire and WOW....what a difference! Juggies Juice tastes incredible through these new ones.
In fact I gave my partner 2 x 20w iSticks I had but with th new coils in them, I tried to get one back but had my hand slapped. I'm not allowed it back ;)

He has 5 set ups and each one has a different Juggie juice in it---seems he's ultra possessive about anything with Jugheads Juice inside.
But for anyone that uses those coils, you will really notice even how much tastier the juice is on the 100% cotton.
No more of that clogged feeling I used to get on them, using very sweet juices...Yum Yum...and they dont drink the juice anywhere as quickly as the Deltas do :)

/sorry years of being a lega assistant allows me to type so quickly/fast that I can type a longer post than others doing 4 at the same time. Gotta start to type in a short form :blush:

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
oops, meant to add that although i notice Stiles saying he bought some concentrate, someone else mentioned to me just last night that they were learning DIY and used to buy all their supplies from Juggie but that he wasnt keen on that end of the buiness anymore. I guess that meant that he didnt want be selling all the DIY stuff? Not sure if that means the concentrates you two are speaking of or not.........guessing that would take up a lot of time sourcing it out, ordering it in, so i can understand how it might not be something they are focusing upon. But that could be just hearsay.....

Last edited:

Stiles2

ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Extra concentrate as in an extra bottle of pure flavouring in addition to the regular Swedish Pastry to pump the juice up if needed. Were talking a *small amount* here, nothing that could be DIY material to make a batch but just enough that would boost my 250ml bottle. I have had taste issues throughout my "vaping career" and if it isn't a mint/anise/menthol/cinnamon or other bold type flavour I find it very hard to taste. I have an especially hard time tasting creamy or rich things. I do not have such problems with food or drink but when it translates into vaping I just have a hard time for whatever reason. Juggy and I have been working toward a solution to my problem for a few orders now (with progress!) so this concentrate is likely not a thing that is ordered normally.

As for the DIY stuff: I didn't enquire about any of that as the post on facebook makes no mention of anything other than the bulk sizes. I am not really into DIY though. I have a few bottles of mint, menthol, peanut butter, cardamom, cinnamon and other concentrates (sweetener) that I sometimes add to existing juices but that is as far as I take it.

Will let you know how the Watermelon goes! He does have quite a few watermelon options but I picked out the most sickly sweet type one I could find. I don't have any of that kind of juice left and wanted some on tap :p

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
LOL
you are like me...you feel the need to be extra careful what you say lest someone take it the wrong way and/or feel they are entitled to something you have that they don't ;)

I only asked because i find the swedish pastry strong enough, (perfectly as it is though) ...hence why i was curious that you would feel the need to pump it up more but now I understand. Makes perfect sense.

Curious about 2 things though..are you just like this with Vape juice or food as well?
And was it always this way or did you develop this at some point into your vaping travels?

Hubby cant taste some of the things i can and thats one reason swedish pastry is his fav...again, why your comment struck me

Edit:

I looked at watermelon 2 nights ago and couldnt make up my mind so definetely in the market for a good one

Last edited:

Stiles2

ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Yeah, I was being careful because I don't want others to think that it's ok to order "off the menu". I don't even know if it is off the menu, just being cautious. It certainly isn't something I would bring up as a first time customer.

Just with vapes as far as the tasting issue goes. Food and drinks taste normal. I rotate flavours, keep up good oral hygeine etc etc...nothing seems to work unless it is super strong.

When I first began vaping I could taste more than I do now. Maybe it is a tolerace thing. I don't vape that much juice compared to some others I know. 250ml of juice lasts me a good 2 months. I use mostly a Kayfun Lite+ setup which has been the best device (for me) on my vape travels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread