Need a reliable device

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I now think my problem is the dekang liquid I received was a bad batch. I think its the liquids fault for quickly becoming black, not ego C atomizers. Geez, I've been using this same batch for this whole year. Hope I haven't harmed my health. I found some different liquid in my fridge and tried it. Pretty sure. Dammit.

Unlikely. Bad batches don't come from Dekang or Hangsen. They are too big, too rigorous and too paranoid. I know, I've been there. :)

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Okay, I have a nautilus mini tank with an istick 30. It was my first (and only) update after an ego.

Here's what I can tell you:

The nautilus mini will work on an ego (I needed a 510 adapter though, they're like $2)
The taste and vapor production is not as good as you'll get on a Variable Voltage/Wattage battery, but it's probably still an upgrade over the stuff you're using if it's giving you issues. (I do still have an ego, and will occasionally use my nautilus on it when I get caught letting my istick die, oops)

If you are interested in upgrading your battery, you can't go wrong with the istick 30.
It's pretty small, fits well in your hand. As far as wattage is concerned, you just start low, and slowly move up through the wattage until you see what you like.

The nice thing about the nautilus mini and istick 30 combo is that you have a pretty wide range of options.
When I started out I was hard core tootle puffing. I kept my istick at the lowest wattage, and kept the airflow holes on the mini at the smallest. in this way it was VERY much like using an ego. As time went on, I ended up moving up the wattage and the airflow a bit. I'm now usually pretty steady around 12-13 watts and the biggest airflow. I get more vapor, but still the throat hit, and not as tight of a draw. It's very customizable to what you want.

The coils are about $2-3 to replace, but when you're in the lower wattages they usually last about 2 weeks if you aren't using super dark juice. at 12-15 watts I seem to still manage 2 weeks from them on clear juices.

I can't recommend the 40W temp control because I have no interest in TC and I haven't tried it. I'm still debating the 50w, (only for the longer battery life) but given it's issues when it first came out, I'm not sure I'm ready to take that jump.

The 30W istick and Nautilus is a time proven easy upgrade from the ego. It's simple to figure out, pretty cheap to buy and coils aren't too outrageous. My battery life is about a day and a half as of right now. But when I was down at the lowest wattage it was closer to two days.
I have an Istick 40w on order since they've discontinued the 30w it was cheaper than the 30w I found online. Not gonna use it for temp control, just the Watt mode for my nautilus mini's. Have two Istick 30w and love them.

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
I now think my problem is the dekang liquid I received was a bad batch. I think its the liquids fault for quickly becoming black, not ego C atomizers. Geez, I've been using this same batch for this whole year. Hope I haven't harmed my health. I found some different liquid in my fridge and tried it. Pretty sure. Dammit.

First time in years shopping for a new device and I'm really put off by how gimmicky it still is. Looks like a lot of re branded items. I just know my ego c. I don't understand voltage and whats right for me. The provari comes with an Aspire Nautilus. So cant I buy the nautilus and attach to my ego c twist battery instead? Or will I ruin it by not having the proper voltage needed for it?

I have put off looking for a better device for years. Havent wanted to learn and figured if I bought something I would end up damaging it by not using proper voltage. So far behind everyone on here seems like.

All dekang is a bad batch... If you want straight pg, you can buy it and some pg based nic and mix to your spec. No flavor if you don't want it.

Variable voltage/wattage is simple. Start a little under the minimum that the coil is rated for and see what it's like. Add a little power and try again. Do this a few times and you will find that you prefer it a certain way. Super simple. There are cheap adapters avalible to put a 510 threaded atty on just about anything.

The only thing you could really do is send to much power to the coil and burn it. Just lower the power and throw a new coil in it. Most of the new stuff is really pretty simple. There is more than just one button, but if you can post on this website, you can figure it out in a few min.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have only been using an Ego C the last 5 years. the atomizers used to last me 3 weeks but for the last full year all the atomizers I buy... even from Joyetech.... only last 2 or 3 days. And lately they turn my clear dekang pg liquid.....dark dark black....in 2 or 3 days.

Why doesn't any one model stand out as reliable? People on here all seem like they gambled on anything they bought. People on here also have a different view of vaping than I do. Shame on you for blowing out huge clouds of perfume vapor. You are ruining chances of the public to ever accept e cigs with your horrible smells. Yeah it dissipates but it still stinks. Try odorless dekang instead. Geez. And quit showing off with clouds in public. Stealth only. Helps our reputation.

I need something better. Responses from responsible vapers only. I need a reliable device, no leaking, efficient, simple to maintain. Thanks.

Sounds like a Provari 2.5 is what you are looking for. Please read Why Provari?. About $100.

nautilus-01.jpg
images
miniprovari-jpg.454519
Provari 2.5 Mini

I also recommend an Aspire Nautilus clearomizer matched with a Provari (see first pic).

aspire-nautilus-mini.jpeg

Last edited:

MaenadMoogle

Jul 16, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
Hey @Baditude, For somebody who is interested in the provari, can you point in the direction of battery replacement, charging and safety for these devices? I've seen a lot of discussion about how the batteries in the Istick are not necessarily the safest option out there, but I've also seen a lot about replaceable batteries overheating, shorting out or venting. Is there one that is "safer" than another? Is the provari easy to maintain battery wise?

I currently have an istick and I enjoy the pass through charging and not needing a specific charger just for my vape, but the idea of the battery eventually dying and needing to completely replace the mod is discouraging. I'd be interested in moving to a mod with replaceable batteries but I'm concerned about battery safety. As well as the cost of purchasing batteries and separate chargers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread