• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Need advice about making my own juice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there , been vaping about a month now and really started getting into it and stopped smoking fags. I wanted to have a go at making my own juice and just wanted to know that I was right in what I need to do and order before I go ahead.

Is this what I will need ?
100 ml of diamond crystal 54mg pg nicotine base from LTecigs
Vegetable Glycerin from boots
Propylene Glycol
Flavouring from LTecigs
Bottles and syringes etc

So say I got some amaretto flavour , according to E juice me up to get it at 18mg nicotine strength and to make 20ml I would use .
6.6ml of the pg nicotine base , 5ml of the vegetable glycerin , 5 ml of the propylene glycol and 3.4 ml of the flavouring . Does that sound right to someone who knows about mixing?

Also another couple of things are LTecigs the best place to get everything from and after the mixture has been made how long does it need to be left before vaping it?

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer

Last edited:

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
yup, it sounds about right on the recipe, the nic amount is fine for 18mg.... .. your flavour is almost 20% though which is quite high although Ive never used that amaretto, not yet anyway.. ..when I started diy a few weeks back I was using single flavours at 10% or things like apple & mango at 10% each or rhubarb & custard 10% each ... I find now I'm using 8% each or for a single flavour

small syringes are handy and if you are doing for example 1.5ml each of two flavours you can take the plunger out of the syringe and add both from the top

I vape straight away:D but then I make enough so some is steeping, I started using a milk throther recently,seems good

yup, it sounds about right on the recipe, the nic amount is fine for 18mg.... .. your flavour is almost 20% though which is quite high although Ive never used that amaretto, not yet anyway.. ..when I started diy a few weeks back I was using single flavours at 10% or things like apple & mango at 10% each or rhubarb & custard 10% each ... I find now I'm using 8% each or for a single flavour

small syringes are handy and if you are doing for example 1.5ml each of two flavours you can take the plunger out of the syringe and add both from the top

I vape straight away:D but then I make enough so some is steeping, I started using a milk throther recently,seems good

Thanks for the reply mate , where do you get your flavours etc from ? And one thing i'm confused about is if the nicotine is pg based do i still need to add pg or just vg ?

Last edited:

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
libertyflights or the alchemists cupboard I got my flavours from, alchemists do nic in 72mg vg but last time I got a litre of 72mg pg from piratesvapes for about a 100quid, will last me for a long long time, you can get pg and vg cheap on ebay, i'll have a look for the names of the places for you...

on the 'eJuice Me Up' calculator you have an option at the top where it has 'Nicotine strength ejuice' to click vg or pg for your nic and your strength and when you change anything you click on the calculate button for it to take affect and the calculator will tell you how much pg/vg to add according to what percentage you set your pg/vg ratio to, I would just start on 50/50...

just so you can check against me I've put the following into the calc...
100% pg 54mg
18mg
amount:20ml
allowed for 8% flavour
50pg/50vg

nic ejuice 6.67ml
pg 1.73ml
vg 10ml
flavour 1.6ml

if you need help or anything else let me know :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread