Need advice from fellow vapors!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samurai671

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2012
Guam
I'm currently looking to buy a sub ohm tank, but I'm not sure which one. So if you guys could help me out in choosing one, that'd be great, especially if you've used or are using the tank. I would really like a users perspective.
My criteria for a tank is:
1) Preferrably 22mm in diameter (to use on my NX75, anything larger will overhang)
2) Capacity of no less than 3ml
3) No rebuildables, I don't want to build
4) Preferrably top airflow but don't mind bottom airflow
5) Doesn't cost an arm and a leg...

I know this limits my choices and so far I'm eyeing the Aspire Atlantis Evo and the Vaporesso Estoc Mega. Anything else you guys can recommend, that'd be great.

Ps: currently using the Cleito, Cubis pro, and Innokin Axiom.

Reactions: Becca-JJ

Samurai671

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2012
Guam
No complaints here on the older Crown tank.
Might get a deal on them since the V2 is out now.
Bottom airflow though. Cheers.
Yeah, I've used the Crown 1 and it was good until it started leaking, even with air holes closed while refilling. I could've filled it from the bottom, but to me it defeats the purpose of the top fill. That's a no go, but hey, thanks!!

Reactions: Becca-JJ

Samurai671

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2012
Guam
I should've added the tanks I've used to date, here goes:
1) Innokin iSub G - Surprisingly good, no leaks. But bottom fill.
2) Cubis and Cubis pro - not bad but too much spit back and mutes flavor.
3) Crown tank V1 - Excellent tank but leaks too much from the seams right above the airflow.
4) iSub V - not bad but glass is too thin and hard to open due to no knurling on top cap.

That's it so far...

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    I should've added the tanks I've used to date, here goes:
    1) Innokin iSub G - Surprisingly good, no leaks. But bottom fill.
    2) Cubis and Cubis pro - not bad but too much spit back and mutes flavor.
    3) Crown tank V1 - Excellent tank but leaks too much from the seams right above the airflow.
    4) iSub V - not bad but glass is too thin and hard to open due to no knurling on top cap.

That's it so far...
    Have you tried the iSub Apex? Its a fantastic little tank and you can use the coils you already have. :)

Samurai671

ECF Veteran
    Feb 21, 2012
    Guam
    Have you tried the iSub Apex? Its a fantastic little tank and you can use the coils you already have. :)
    Ever since the Apex came out, I've been on the fence, mainly because...it's another iSub. Nothing wrong with them and they're great, but it kind of gets boring if you know what I mean. But hey, like you said, I can use my existing coils so maybe I might consider it as well.

Reactions: celticluvr

Samurai671

ECF Veteran
    Feb 21, 2012
    Guam
    I like the Smok BabyBeast..
    3ml tank, good clouds and awesome flavor with the T8 coil at 65-70w..got two weeks so far on the same coil vaping it everyday..great little subohm tank for sure..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I've heard great things about the Baby Beast and tried a friends own. But, I'm not really into high power stuff, as I only vape around 30 ~ 40 watts at the highest, plus if I went 65~70 watts on my NX75, the battery will drain really fast. Unless they have coils for lower wattages...hmmmm...let me check it out.

Edit: So I see they have the q2 coils at 0.6ohms rated between 35 ~ 40 watts!! If I can find a good online store, this maybe the one...

Last edited:
    Reactions: smacksy

smacksy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 17, 2014
    Alexandria, Louisiana USA
    Yeah, I've heard great things about the Baby Beast and tried a friends own. But, I'm not really into high power stuff, as I only vape around 30 ~ 40 watts at the highest, plus if I went 65~70 watts on my NX75, the battery will drain really fast. Unless they have coils for lower wattages...hmmmm...let me check it out.

Edit: So I see they have the q2 coils at 0.6ohms rated between 35 ~ 40 watts!! If I can find a good online store, this maybe the one...
    Note that I've been running the BabyBeast with the .15 T8 coil at 65w on my 80w IPVD3 all day on a single charge, actually refilling the 3ml tank 3 times before needing a fresh recharged batt..
    Batt life might not be as bad as you might think, just sayin

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Samurai671

Who_Dey_1991

Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2016
    Ohio
    Damn. I really have to think about that one. They've both got good and bad qualities. I definitely prefer the EVO's 4ml capacity over the Baby Beast's 3ml. But the Beast has an optional RBA deck where the EVO does not. Also you can't customize drip tips on the EVO, but that's more of a vanity issue, not performance.

I think the Beast just barely comes out on top of the EVO. For me anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread