Need advice on buying a cartomizer tank please !

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiralnebula77

May 7, 2015
Hello, I'm new to the forums and was wanting to ask for some advice on which are the best "cartomizers tanks" I should look into?

I've been 13 months free of analogs / chewing tobacco and in love with my e-cigs! I couldn't be happier from not destroying my health and my teeth!

I used clearomizers (kanger pro and vivi nova) for 10 months, but I hated juice leaking into my mouthpiece and gurgling noise. I had a feeling of juice and a film of oil around my teeth and in my mouth, making it feel like I had a lot of saliva build up. I recently decided to try a cartomizer, because
I saw that they have a cotton like material inside and would possibly prevent juice from leaking.

I tried to get my father to quit smoking analogs also, but he had the same issue and instantly gave up after a few days

Sure enough cartomizers were a life saver for me, because I bought a can of dip and got really upset of having to clean my mouth piece constantly and juice gurgling and getting into my mouth(sometimes tons of it!)

I showed him the cartomizers and explain to him that it wouldn't leak and sure enough he liked them and has been analog free for 2 months :)

So my main question is, would a cartomizer also create a leak free environment like cartidges? Or would it have a tendency to leak like all other tanks?

Would all standard size carts fit in any cartomizer? Or would the tank I buy have to use a specific cart?

I would like to try different cartridges out and find one I like, and not buy a cartomizer and end up not liking the cartridges, making the cartomizer useless.

If I'm using a cartomizer, should I buy single or dual punched hole carts? Should I buy a tool to punch more than two?

Are there dual coil cartomizers or only single coil? Which is better? I have a kanger mega carT(holds 3 ML) dual coil cart that burns up lots of juice but works great with taste and last 2-4 weeks.(Burns my juice up really fast though)

Steel eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer, Flat Tip <-- I use these.

I was thinking of trying this out, since it was cheap and if I didn't like, it wouldn't of been a big waste of money and not feel bad for never using it again

Smok Anodized U-DCT - V2 3.5ml - Cartomizers - Tanks & Atomizers - MyFreedomSmokes

This is a pretty expensive tank from a place where I order my juice from, and read great things about boge carts.

Surric Cartomizer Tanks - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes

this one looks like a good quality tank for a decent price(I don't like big bulky tanks, Maybe when I upgrade to a itaste box battery I will)

510 U-DCTank Combo - 3ml/Mini

I would like to buy a tank that could use lots of different brand carts, since it would give me a chance to try different ones out.

Appreciate any advice/help I can get. Thanks a lot!

LordMarv

Apr 21, 2015
Two other places for excellent tanks are IBTanked and Phiniac tanks. I have the standard sized tank from both of these places and really, really like them. The standard sized tanks take 35mm cartos. I like the both the Boge and the Ikenvape 510 35mm cartos in standard resistance myself. A late-comer I guess, I discovered them just recently and to my big surprise I find I really prefer them over my other type of tanks.

Reactions: Tera Bailey

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I'm a die hard ibtanked user, I use them every day! I find there is no better vape than a cartotank! I use the standard 22mm diameter tank with the standard 35mm (tall) cartos. They are no muss no fuss, easy to fill with the "thingy" they come in.

This is the Zombie tank from them I got last week! Looks great! The glass has a sickly green hue to it with blood spatter to match my Provari.
20150507_065340.jpg

I've bought cartos from ikenvape for a while but I got tired of them always being out of stock, and I started getting some bad cartos as well, so now I just buy them from directly from ibtanked. They come with two holes punched in them already. They are also the single coil 2.0 ohm cartos. I've tried the dual coil ones before and just didn't care dot them. I would stick to two hole cartos.

My advice would be when you place an order, buy one of their carto punch tools and one of their refilling drip tips. It makes refilling the tank super easy!
Refilling

Also a carto punch tool. I find that widening one of the holes makes juice feeding much better! I widen both holes for 100vg. Works like a charm!

Let us know what you decide! Theyre great fun and Work really well!

Last edited:
Reactions: Baditude

dirfm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
North America - Florida
I like phiniac, but have made the switch to the SNP tanks for ease of use with the fill hole built in. I also agree with picking up a decent carto punch, it is really easy to use and can be used to enlarge prepunched cartos or make your own...if you get the IBtanked or phiniac, the fill tool is a blessing, I have a few of them.

I have been a carto tank user for wow, a little over 6 years now.. I use other things, but primarily carto tanks.. pretty fuss free and hold an impressive amount of juice.
You're right in thinking they are pretty much leak-free. One exception to that is if the tank comes apart/carto slips out or if it's introduced to high heat it can force excess juice out through the carto.

Check around and you should find the U-DCT tanks and cartos for a crazy cheap price. I recently picked up some from DFWvapor for something like $1 per tank and $1 per 5pk of prepunched and plated SMOK cartos.

The IBTanked setups are extremely nice, and you can't do much better for the price. I have several from them and many other manufacturers. I prefer the XL(45mm) length models. IBTanked also has decent prices on cartos if you don't find them on sale elsewhere. Crystal Clear vaping is another good place for cartos..been awhile but iirc it's around $20 for 15 cartos shipped.. I've had the best luck with Smoktech cartos...don't want to start a debate over Smok vs Boge(that has been going on since the dawn of man.. lol)..but in my personal experience i have found smok to have the most flavor..Boge cartos have always seemed to just blast through the juice and don't seem to bring the flavor through as well.

Recently i havent been using my carto tanks as much as i normally would and have quite a surplus of tanks and cartos, so if for some reason you can't come up with anything reasonable feel free to contact me and i may be able to assist in some way.

--George

spiralnebula77

May 7, 2015
Do I have to buy the flanged type cartidges for a tank ?

like this ? Boge 5pc SR Flanged Replacement Cartomizer for F-16 - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes

also can anyone confirm that these are 100% non leak proof? unlike clearomizers that leak a lot(from my past experiences with them)

Which is the best site to purchase carts from for the cheapest?

I was thinking about trying this dct tank out, due to being cheap

Smok Anodized U-DCT - V2 3.5ml - MyFreedomSmokes

any opinions on this? does this use XL carts also?

thanks!

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Carto tanks need to hold a vacuum to "wick" properly.
Cheap ones might not leak, but they also might not work that well - I highly recommend that you spend enough to get a high quality tank. The cheapest high quality tank is the one recommended above - IBTanked. I have a dozen carto-tanks, mostly MORE expensive, but those always worked perfectly too - you can get started for under $30.

Cartos - I like Boge. I like "no flange" but that's kind of your preference (I liked no flange because I HATE seeing any "gap" under the tank...
Best price - I buy the pack of 5 boxes here, but try a couple brands first to decide what you like. I like 2 holes - and I punch them bigger! But that's just me...

I tried dual coil cartos - didn't like 'em at all.

Finally - there are 2 standard sizes: regular and "mega" or "XL" etc - if you get standard cartomizers, you need a standard tank and vice versa. But yes - -you can try Boge and Ikenvape and Smok cartos all in the same tank.

The two blue ones are from IBTanked
tankparade3_zpsa4ea76bd.jpg

spiralnebula77

May 7, 2015
Youde NEW AGR+ Pyrex Carto Stainless Tank with Locking Base [gv-AGR+PyrexCartoTank-Stainless] - $18.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Saw a video showing the AGR+ Pyrex Carto Stainless Tank with Locking Base

Looks really nice, but made in 2013. is the ibtank a better tank?

I did like how you could drip juice in it without taking it apart, and from the top view in the vid, the cart seem to stick out all the way to the top where it seems to make it difficult for juice to leak out.

I was wanting to buy a tank that wasn't big and bulky, kind of like the first link I posted with a tank holding 3 ML so it doesn't feel weird when I place my vapor pen into my pockets.

thanks for the replies and opinions !

edit ;; after reading up, the link of the tank I posted has awful air flow

I assuming I need a nice tank with nice air flow, no leaks/gurgling, and locks the cart in.

I didn't want to spend lots of $ on a tank and end up not liking it or it starts to leak on me. Wanting to buy one for my father and I, and we use 3.5 ML mega smoktek dual carts and he's someone who won't use e-cigs if he has to do maintenance on them. I assumed by using a tank he would be able to see how much juice is left in it(compared to the mega carts that you can't see how much juice is left and end up doing a dry hit and ruining the cart)but they work amazingly.

we tried clearomizers, but leaking was the main problems he quit using them and I almost stopped too. Cartridges has worked great and he's been 2 months analog free which makes me very very proud and happy for him.

The tank needs to be 100% leak free.

Last edited:

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
Youde NEW AGR+ Pyrex Carto Stainless Tank with Locking Base [gv-AGR+PyrexCartoTank-Stainless] - $18.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Saw a video showing the AGR+ Pyrex Carto Stainless Tank with Locking Base

Looks really nice, but made in 2013. is the ibtank a better tank?

I did like how you could drip juice in it without taking it apart, and from the top view in the vid, the cart seem to stick out all the way to the top where it seems to make it difficult for juice to leak out.

I was wanting to buy a tank that wasn't big and bulky, kind of like the first link I posted with a tank holding 3 ML so it doesn't feel weird when I place my vapor pen into my pockets.

thanks for the replies and opinions !

edit ;; after reading up, the link of the tank I posted has awful air flow

I assuming I need a nice tank with nice air flow, no leaks/gurgling, and locks the cart in.

I didn't want to spend lots of $ on a tank and end up not liking it or it starts to leak on me. Wanting to buy one for my father and I, and we use 3.5 ML mega smoktek dual carts and he's someone who won't use e-cigs if he has to do maintenance on them. I assumed by using a tank he would be able to see how much juice is left in it(compared to the mega carts that you can't see how much juice is left and end up doing a dry hit and ruining the cart)but they work amazingly.

we tried clearomizers, but leaking was the main problems he quit using them and I almost stopped too. Cartridges has worked great and he's been 2 months analog free which makes me very very proud and happy for him.

The tank needs to be 100% leak free.

Don't spend $19 on that tank. You can find similar tanks for $10 and under.

The IBtanked carto tanks don't lock, but it's a tight fit, so they don't need to. I'm using a cheap $1 SMOK tank right now, and if I have a small drip tip, I can accidentally pull off the whole tank. If you go with the cheap tanks, it might be a good idea to use the locking tanks with the flanged cartos.

DFWVapor has $1 tanks a lot, and and a lot of places sell basic tanks for under $10. If you want to invest in a good one, buy an IBTanked.

spiralnebula77

May 7, 2015
I'm prob going to purchase a ibtank tonight, but I'm curious what makes it so different from the other cheap carto tanks?

They all basically have just a tube/caps that hold a cartomizer in it lol.

What's wrong with a smok tank with a locking cap that holds onto the cart? shouldn't it work just as good?

or another tank without the locking cap but the carto's have the locking thing at the bottom of the cart that u spin around until it locks onto it?

I'm just wondering, I didn't know if there was any bias opinion when it comes to ibtank since they do seem to sell really nice customizable tanks that offer nice quality and is a small family hobby turned into a business.

I just don't want to spend $25 on a tank, if I can get a decent one that works for cheaper( I'll be buying 2 of them). I'm on a really tight budget, since another reason I started vaping >_<. I even use my carto's much longer than you should cause I'm so cheap lol.

thanks

spiralnebula77

May 7, 2015
Quality mostly. But you sure can get by well with Smok's. I have 2 Polycarb Grommet Side-Fill tanks I've been using everyday for 3+yrs.

Should I buy the one with the locking cap? or should I just buy one without it and buy the carts with the locking caps on them?

Which tank is cheap and has good air flow on one of those carto tanks? does the locking cap restrict air? I'm sure one of those cheap tanks got to work pretty good, I just want to make sure I get the right one.

I'll buy one of those refill drip tips for $2 that you use to put the carts in to help from damaging the plastic rings also(read good things on those).

Also, should I buy one of those cart hole punchers? Or would I be fine with buying pre-punched 2 Hole carts? I didn't know if it would be worth investing in buying of the cart hole punchers. Another reason why I didn't want to spend much, because I would have to buy a refill drip tip + cart hole puncher.

I've also seen a cart that had a small vertical line cut in the side instead of holes, and wondering if those work better?

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Should I buy the one with the locking cap? or should I just buy one without it and buy the carts with the locking caps on them?

Which tank is cheap and has good air flow on one of those carto tanks? does the locking cap restrict air? I'm sure one of those cheap tanks got to work pretty good, I just want to make sure I get the right one.

I'll buy one of those refill drip tips for $2 that you use to put the carts in to help from damaging the plastic rings also(read good things on those).

Also, should I buy one of those cart hole punchers? Or would I be fine with buying pre-punched 2 Hole carts? I didn't know if it would be worth investing in buying of the cart hole punchers. Another reason why I didn't want to spend much, because I would have to buy a refill drip tip + cart hole puncher.

I've also seen a cart that had a small vertical line cut in the side instead of holes, and wondering if those work better?

I've never used Smoks Tanks. If you contact AndriaD here on ECF I'm sure she'll be happy to advise. She's one of the most recent users that I can refer to for that product.
    The holes will differ as to your PG/VG mix mostly.
    There is a huge Cartomiser sub-forum on ECF that'll help you much.

spiralnebula77

May 7, 2015
    I've never used Smoks Tanks. If you contact AndriaD here on ECF I'm sure she'll be happy to advise. She's one of the most recent users that I can refer to for that product.
    The holes will differ as to your PG/VG mix mostly.
    There is a huge Cartomiser sub-forum on ECF that'll help you much.

Ok thanks :) , sent her a message.

If anyone else has had good experiences with any of these cheap carto tanks, let me know.

if air draw is a problem from the locking pins or what not.

also can I put XL carts in the tanks? is that fine?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread