Need assistance fast :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
Tested in controlled laboratory conditions. Not stuck inside a box, possibly with cooling. Your use of the battery in vaping isn't comparable to the situation the battery's been tested at. A false sense of security is dangerous. Just saying.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk
It was MOOCH that did the testing. 5 second fire, 30 second rest, 5 firings. I don't trust just any old figures I find on google. LOL
I also never go anywhere NEAR a 70 amp draw.
That is why I was stressing to fully know and fully trust the manufacturer. Samsung, Sony, LG for example. They reject batteries that don't meet their QC tests. So you can trust the brand. Then, you find what they can handle, using a reliable source. I wont tell anyone what to build at, or what to vape at, but I would rather trust a reliable tester than some clown trying to sell a battery.

Last edited:

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
Also in a controlled setting, and not inside a mod.

How much of a controlled setting do you figure there is? You have a battery, a wire and an on/off switch. I happen to trust MOOCHs testing as a reliable source. If you don't, that's fine, vape where you are comfortable. But I would rather trust Moochs tests than what is printed on a rewrapped battery.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
How much of a controlled setting do you figure there is? You have a battery, a wire and an on/off switch. I happen to trust MOOCHs testing as a reliable source. If you don't, that's fine, vape where you are comfortable. But I would rather trust Moochs tests than what is printed on a rewrapped battery.
I do trust Mooch's tests. Just saying that his tests are run in test rigs. In a mod the battery is encased and will therefore not cool off as quickly. Heat buildup is the enemy of cells, and you need to account for that in real world applications.

And Mooch says:
A discharge at 25A brought the cell temperature to 91°C and dropped the voltage considerably. That's too hot and will significantly speed up the damage done to the cell. This is a 20A cell

That temperature is in the testing rig, where the heat isn't trapped in. Sure, a continuous discharge, but still. At 40 amps, even when pulsed, the battery will heat up considerably. Mooch gives the battery a "max vaping amps" of 25.

Last edited:

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
I do trust Mooch's tests. Just saying that his tests are run in test rigs. In a mod the battery is encased and will therefore not cool off as quickly. Heat buildup is the enemy of cells, and you need to account for that in real world applications.

And Mooch says:

That temperature is in the testing rig, where the heat isn't trapped in. Sure, a continuous discharge, but still. At 40 amps, even when pulsed, the battery will heat up considerably. Mooch gives the battery a "max vaping amps" of 25.

Well first of all.. do you have any idea how hot 91C actually is? 100C is the boiling point of water. As I stated in my post, when the battery heats to bath water temp, about 35C I put them aside to cool. 91C is 195F Far to hot to hold in your hand. I am talking about actual daily practice, and you are talking Diacetyl. In other words, I am talking about realistic numbers, you are talking numbers it is impossible to reach in normal every day vaping. As to damaging the cell, I know, and I don't care. I'll buy a new one when it stops charging to 3.95V+

Now lets go get into our wayback machine and look at the question I was answering...
This is what i found about the batts i ordered :
Maximum Continuous Charging Current: 4A
Maximum Continuous Discharging Current: 20A
Maximum Pulse Discharging Current: 35A
Now, good or bad?

And what do we always say about battery companies that print a pulse rating on the label? We say.. don't buy from those companies because they are using a fake value to increase sales on a re-wrapped factory 2nd battery..

A battery will "pulse" at whatever you tell it to pulse at with the resistance. Remember, the question was not about how i use MY batteries, the question was about a pulse rating printed on the battery. Now, do you suppose, with the resistances I build at, that I would consider using any battery that used any information that was misleading? If they misrepresent the battery on the label, how can we trust what is inside the cell? Could be recycled batteries for all we know.

Now furthermore.. this is a cloud chasers thread. Please do not post here if you are not a cloud chaser and if you don't know about building at low resistance and pulsing at higher amps than what is printed on the label. Stick to the new users forum. Right now, the OP is gathering information, such as for batteries. I assume for cloud chasing. Of course nobody is going to tell him how to build a cloud chasing coil, until he first knows what batteries he is using, how long he can pulse them, what the stress tests are and what happens when the battery shorts. Just like in the other thread I started, I am gathering information about how batteries react in a multicell mech mod. I need to know every detail before I try using one. You did give good info on how the series and parallel mods work, which is a good starting point. Now it is up to me to find out how they perform under stress. (before I actually try it)

So let me rephrase the question here a bit... for cloud chasing, knowing we build at very low resistance levels, would you recommend a battery that had a pulse rating on the label or a Samsung 25r which we know will vent if stressed to much?

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
Voltage of the cells?
Always use 4.2V when calculating the ohms law of your builds.
Now this is a cloud chaser thread, so don't even consider using any batteries other than samsung, sony or lg. When cloud chasing, you need to control every detail and limit risks in every way you can. Now if you want big clouds, fine, we can help you wrap a coil that will give decent clouds.. but for a cloud chaser you want clouds that surpass those. Problem is, cloud chasing builds are not safe. So we make them as safe as we can, and one way is we don't use batteries that we can not depend on 100%. Now in the other threads, Ken is 100% correct. We don't want our batteries heating up to 100C, cloud chasing builds will damage your battery, and will cause your mod to get hot. For cloud chasing, we know they will get hot, so we limit that, but frequently checking the temperature of the actual battery by taking it out of the mod. Any warmer than 35-40C and we stop using it for awhile until it cools

So we can certianly tell you how to get a respectable cloud, just not one that will win you any competitions. Those you gotta figure out on your own. :)

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Well first of all.. do you have any idea how hot 91C actually is? 100C is the boiling point of water. As I stated in my post, when the battery heats to bath water temp, about 35C I put them aside to cool. 91C is 195F Far to hot to hold in your hand. I am talking about actual daily practice, and you are talking Diacetyl. In other words, I am talking about realistic numbers, you are talking numbers it is impossible to reach in normal every day vaping. As to damaging the cell, I know, and I don't care. I'll buy a new one when it stops charging to 3.95V+

Now lets go get into our wayback machine and look at the question I was answering...
This is what i found about the batts i ordered :
Maximum Continuous Charging Current: 4A
Maximum Continuous Discharging Current: 20A
Maximum Pulse Discharging Current: 35A
Now, good or bad?

And what do we always say about battery companies that print a pulse rating on the label? We say.. don't buy from those companies because they are using a fake value to increase sales on a re-wrapped factory 2nd battery..

A battery will "pulse" at whatever you tell it to pulse at with the resistance. Remember, the question was not about how i use MY batteries, the question was about a pulse rating printed on the battery. Now, do you suppose, with the resistances I build at, that I would consider using any battery that used any information that was misleading? If they misrepresent the battery on the label, how can we trust what is inside the cell? Could be recycled batteries for all we know.

Now furthermore.. this is a cloud chasers thread. Please do not post here if you are not a cloud chaser and if you don't know about building at low resistance and pulsing at higher amps than what is printed on the label. Stick to the new users forum. Right now, the OP is gathering information, such as for batteries. I assume for cloud chasing. Of course nobody is going to tell him how to build a cloud chasing coil, until he first knows what batteries he is using, how long he can pulse them, what the stress tests are and what happens when the battery shorts. Just like in the other thread I started, I am gathering information about how batteries react in a multicell mech mod. I need to know every detail before I try using one. You did give good info on how the series and parallel mods work, which is a good starting point. Now it is up to me to find out how they perform under stress. (before I actually try it)

So let me rephrase the question here a bit... for cloud chasing, knowing we build at very low resistance levels, would you recommend a battery that had a pulse rating on the label or a Samsung 25r which we know will vent if stressed to much?
You're hilarious. Look at my post number and join date, then compare to yours. It's fairly common for newbs to think they know everything...

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
You're hilarious. Look at my post number and join date, then compare to yours. It's fairly common for newbs to think they know everything...

And what does your join date have to do with my learning curve? Your join date means absolutely nothing except you were a member of THIS forum before I was. It has nothing to do with what you KNOW and what you are parroting back from what you heard from other users before you and other websites. I don't see any KenD battery blogs or tests. Like I said, this is a cloud chaser forum we are in. Please keep your comments in the tootle puffers section. This forum is for those that want to know about cloud chasing, safe limits, and safely pushing those limits. We know the risks, we tell others those risks, and how to reduce the risks as much as possible. I have seen nothing in any of your posts in this section of the forum that contributes to this topic. To be fair, I have seen you posting in other topics, and you are right on the money. You know what you are talking about in regards to general vaping. But this isn't a general vaping topic. It is specific to cloud chasing. Not just blowing nice clouds, but specifically blowing the most massive clouds possible, totally disregarding flavor. Most cloud chasers don't even use flavored juice or nicotine, straight VG for the win.

In short.. regardless of your "join date" if you don't chase clouds, you don't know enough to give advice on cloud chasing. You are like the armchair coach of a football team, sitting there with a beer, second guessing the actual coach, yelling out the plays in hind sight.... all blow and no go.

Notice how I am not in any flavor chasing threads? Why do you suppose that is? Because I don't chase flavor. So you don't see ME giving advice in those threads, do you?

As I said, I am pretty sure you know a lot about vaping. No question on that. I am also quite sure you know nothing at all about cloud chucking for competitions, which isn't only about how low you can build a coil, but building safely at low resistance IS a part of it.

Reactions: SteveS45

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
And what does your join date have to do with my learning curve? Your join date means absolutely nothing except you were a member of THIS forum before I was. It has nothing to do with what you KNOW and what you are parroting back from what you heard from other users before you and other websites. I don't see any KenD battery blogs or tests. Like I said, this is a cloud chaser forum we are in. Please keep your comments in the tootle puffers section. This forum is for those that want to know about cloud chasing, safe limits, and safely pushing those limits. We know the risks, we tell others those risks, and how to reduce the risks as much as possible. I have seen nothing in any of your posts in this section of the forum that contributes to this topic. To be fair, I have seen you posting in other topics, and you are right on the money. You know what you are talking about in regards to general vaping. But this isn't a general vaping topic. It is specific to cloud chasing. Not just blowing nice clouds, but specifically blowing the most massive clouds possible, totally disregarding flavor. Most cloud chasers don't even use flavored juice or nicotine, straight VG for the win.

In short.. regardless of your "join date" if you don't chase clouds, you don't know enough to give advice on cloud chasing. You are like the armchair coach of a football team, sitting there with a beer, second guessing the actual coach, yelling out the plays in hind sight.... all blow and no go.

Notice how I am not in any flavor chasing threads? Why do you suppose that is? Because I don't chase flavor. So you don't see ME giving advice in those threads, do you?

As I said, I am pretty sure you know a lot about vaping. No question on that. I am also quite sure you know nothing at all about cloud chucking for competitions, which isn't only about how low you can build a coil, but building safely at low resistance IS a part of it.

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016

Post count?
You think this is the only forum I post in? LMAO. I've been active in forums since before dsl came along. Back when a 14.4 kps modem was a fast connection. Back when we posted in news groups and before facebook was even a thing. You still want to talk about post counts?

Reactions: SteveS45

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
And what does your join date have to do with my learning curve? Your join date means absolutely nothing except you were a member of THIS forum before I was. It has nothing to do with what you KNOW and what you are parroting back from what you heard from other users before you and other websites. I don't see any KenD battery blogs or tests. Like I said, this is a cloud chaser forum we are in. Please keep your comments in the tootle puffers section. This forum is for those that want to know about cloud chasing, safe limits, and safely pushing those limits. We know the risks, we tell others those risks, and how to reduce the risks as much as possible. I have seen nothing in any of your posts in this section of the forum that contributes to this topic. To be fair, I have seen you posting in other topics, and you are right on the money. You know what you are talking about in regards to general vaping. But this isn't a general vaping topic. It is specific to cloud chasing. Not just blowing nice clouds, but specifically blowing the most massive clouds possible, totally disregarding flavor. Most cloud chasers don't even use flavored juice or nicotine, VG for the win.

As I said, it's fairly common for newbs to think they know everything, and you are a fairly new vaper. I have no problems with that, except when erroneous and/or potentially dangerous information is provided. I don't tootlepuff, but my vaping style has zero relevance here. Safety issues are safety issues. Using pure vg and not caring about flavor doesn't magically make battery safety a non-issue. And are you serious in thinking that you have some right to forbid me posting in this subforum!? I will post when people are giving dangerous advice, in any subforum.

Micah Knox

Feb 20, 2017
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Knock it off

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
  • Deleted by classwife