need help about my Nautilus coils plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

slamsam065

Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Pa
Ok I have 2 Nautilus tanks 5ml I love but the problem I'm having is I put a new coil in then vape the tank till half gone then refill so it doesn't mess up my coil and it tastes burnt no matter what I do. I let it set for awhile still taste like burnt I push button to let more juice come up still taste burnt.This is happening evertime it's really ticking me off the only way I can get a good taste again is to put anot her new coil in so every other day or everyday I'm putting a new coil in I can't keep doing this plz someone tell me what I'm doing wrong.These are the real coils I don't get it I don't let it get dry plz someone help me it's costing to much for coils. Thanks so much

Ohm Gnome

Apr 27, 2015
Douglasville Ga
Sorry I haven't been doing this long I am vaping when I push fire button. No matter what I do it still tastes burnt. I've tried different ways even just letting it set all night. But it has the ejuice still in there from b4 and it's still about half full when I fill it I just don't get it
No need to apologize I just wanted to make sure you knew that. I have a Nautilus Mini but I haven't used it much because I started sub ohming the same week I got the Nautilus. I like it though. They have two different coils for it the BVC and BDC. You may find one better than the other. I've read a lot of people prefer the BVC but I only ever used the coil that came in it. Sorry I can't help more. Maybe someone with more knowledge on this tank comes along

slamsam065

Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Pa
No need to apologize I just wanted to make sure you knew that. I have a Nautilus Mini but I haven't used it much because I started sub ohming the same week I got the Nautilus. I like it though. They have two different coils for it the BVC and BDC. You may find one better than the other. I've read a lot of people prefer the BVC but I only ever used the coil that came in it. Sorry I can't help more. Maybe someone with more knowledge on this tank comes along
I'm useing the bvc coils thanks for trying to help

slamsam065

Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Pa
what are you using watts wise. I have a Nautilus on my istick 30 and I can usually not go over 22 watts before it taste burnt. I'm using a 50/50 blend in it right now and at 22 watts it's just about perfect.
I'm useing istick 50w and I use 50/50 blend and Vape at 20w it use to be fine it's been doing this the last couple weeks it does it on my istick 30 w to at 19 or 20w

philoshop

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
geneva, ny, usa
Sounds to me like you're burning the juice by using too much power. Some juices just don't tolerate high heat very well. Have you changed flavors or suppliers recently?

Try turning the power down to 7 or 8 watts to see if the problem goes away, and then turn it back up a little at a time until it's just right.

ETA: WindyCityJoe has given good advice about cleaning the tank too!

Reactions: WindyCityJoe

Trentoons

Mar 12, 2015
South Carolina
I think you're just holding down the button longer than you should. Pressing the button vaporizes the juice from. Your wick and if the coils stay hot for longer than they should, it burns the wick since there's no juice in it. Take it easy on your tank. You also may be using too high of a wattage/voltage for that type of tank. Good luck and I hope you find your problem

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
50/50 @ 20 watts.

I couldn't get past 16-17 watts with 60/40, so that could be the issue.

Even with 70% PG, 20 watts is asking a lot, unless you have the right sort of flavour/liquid.

Agreed...20 watts seems high for the Nautilus, IMO. When I was using my Nautilus, I usually couldn't run it past 13-15 watts, depending on the juice.

Kahina

Verified Member
May 16, 2015
Land of many beaches.
I've got one of these. Second vaporizer I purchased. Now on day 10 as an ex-analogue smoker. As per the above, it's likely not the hardware.

I added the crosshatch stainless tank to it due to my work, and have it sitting on a 1600 mah Aspire CF VV battery set to 3.8v. That's 9.025A with the 1.6ohm coil. Liquid is just the basic 20/80 my first one came with and I'm swapping between the original two coils daily with a hot water wash and 24 hours to dry.

I'm acclimatising to these quickly. It works like a champ. Using about 1 1/2 to 2 reservoirs a day, doing long lung draws for satisfaction. Sub ohm gear for bigger hits is on it's way, starting with coils suited to higher amps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread