Need help changing my nic level

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsGoddess2U

Nov 16, 2014
Salem, Oregon
K....so I bought my base premixed with my desired nic level, not realizing that the nic level would be reduced but, when it was pointed out to me, I figured I wouldn't mind a reduced nic level....now that I've tried it, I am not happy. I have this big bottle now of base and I need to salvage it. I can't afford to just throw it away and start over. I am getting ready to order 100 mg nicotine cuz I figure it's a good even number to work with; however, I'm not sure how to go about mixing it in, to get the correct nic level in my juice. I've installed multiple calculators on my tablet but either they don't perform this type of calculating or I'm not finding the function. Can anyone help me with a mathematical formula or perhaps direct me to a calculator that will perform such a function?

I'm working with a 50/50 18mg base that I ordered from Mt Baker

Last edited:
OK, but the other variable is the amount of flavoring; that will vary with different recipes of course. Use both the mixing equation and that online calculator; with the online calculator you could add the flavorings as 0 mg juice. The mixing equation does not involve anything more than basic arithmetic, but understanding algebraic notation is required. If it leaves you with any questions, please do let me know, since I want to make it as user friendly as possible.

That calculator takes a little work, with entering different values until you hit your target, but it DOES work good thank you! I hadn't realized though that this would throw off my PG/VG ratio. It comes to almost a 60/40 (59.25/40.75) and I already know that I don't like that much PG. Should I order a bottle of VG too?

If you want to be as close to 50/50, yes. Do note that in DIY, some of us include the carrier liquids of flavoring when calculating PG/VG ratios, but I suspect many juice vendors do not. Most flavorings are in PG, but VG and/or PGA are sometimes used.

Some places will let you get the 100 mg/ml nic at different PG/VG ratios. So maybe you could get the 100 mg/ml base in something like 30PG/70VG, which would to some extent make up for the PG in the flavorings.

Actually, scratch that; even if you get your nic in 100% VG, you will still need a bit more Vg to compensate for that flavor concentration.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread