Need help finding a new device :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all! A few months ago my 5th vamo died (stripped out the screws that hold the tank in there) so I got a little random starter kit from my local store. It's one of those IJUST START kits, which is okay, I guess.

I need some recommendations for something I can get and use long term. I already have 18650 batteries and the charger that some of the kits need, so I'm good there. But because I stuck with the old school vamo and used my nautilus aspire tank with it, I sort of would like something similar.

I like the variable voltage stuff, but even that is okay if its smart enough to figure out what setting to use on its own ... are there "smart" devices for vaping? lol. I dunno, maybe, hahah.

Anyway, I'm looking to spend no more than $100. I am in no rush, so I can order it online and wait for shipping.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I was looking at the Provari Dragon... It has a special right now I think it said. I can get the extension that will let it accommodate an 18650 battery which I already have. Looks like it might be worth it. Would that be as good as the Provari 2.5? Or what makes it better? Thanks you guys!

I picked up a Dragon earlier this year as one of my very first Provaris. I believe it is a 2.5 (at least mine is.) Extension cap - YES! However, you will need BUTTON-TOP batteries for the Provari. Most of mine were flat-tops. I now have a special set of button-tops, just for the P-thingies.

gin828

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
PA, USA
I was looking at the Provari Dragon... It has a special right now I think it said. I can get the extension that will let it accommodate an 18650 battery which I already have. Looks like it might be worth it. Would that be as good as the Provari 2.5? Or what makes it better? Thanks you guys!

The Provari Dragon is a 2.5 It takes 18490 as is and with extension ring will take 18650. You must use button top batteries though.... As i suggested previously you might want to spend the extra $20 and get the 510/P3.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    New box mods like the iStick Pico or VTC mini2 are good choices. However nether of these have a 'VV' mode if that is what you desire.

If you'd rather have a tube mod Sigelei Vmax v3's and v5's can be found NIB on eBay for $25 or less. Be sure to get the 'telescopic' version which can accept 2x18350's or a single 18650. (and many in between)

The discounted 'blemished' Provari are another option. Made in USA and loved by many. They may require extension tube and/or other optional stuff. (along with needing button top batteries)

My Vamo v10 lives in the "throne room". Sometimes the fire button sticks. Outside off that it still works like the day I got it. I think Vamo's can still be found on the web and eBay.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    If you are going the Provari route, I would recommend getting the 510/P3 upgrade for the extra $20. The Nautilus and Provari 2.5 are a solid combo. The 2.5s are rock solid devices.

The P3 upgrade is just the flat ring that P3s use. The angled mount that the 2.5 uses is geared for smaller tanks. Gotta say, the DC power signal is the exact same...every time. Will last you forever. The 2.5 only shows volts, as compared to watts. Simple, easy, last forever.

Reactions: gin828

Rickb119

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 20, 2013
    Greeley, CO, USA
    Where can I find the pico?

The Pico can be found here. Box MODS - MOD / PV'S - Eleaf It's a good place. I've ordered from them before.

If you prefer a tube style mod, definitely get the Provari (and extension ProVari 2.5 Polished Dragon It's rock solid mod (I have several).

The Provari needs the button top battery and the Pico needs the flat top.

Why not get (at least) one of each. (I also have 2 Pico's and it's a very nice little mod.) If you get the Provari, they also have batteries.

This is what the P3 looks like. ProVari 3 (P3) - The Personal Vaporizer Perfected Only a few tanks are made to fit it so it's very doubtful you will ever need it.

Reactions: gin828
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread