Status
Not open for further replies.

Occlamito

Nov 10, 2012
Denmark
Hello fellow vapers,

WP_20151030_006.jpg
WP_20151030_008.jpg

I am struggling with a problem that made me continue smoking normal cigs and abandoned vaping.
In 2012 i have purchased a Orion v2.1 mod from NoSmoker which i used for 1 week or so without good results.
The problem is that no matter what i do and how i build the wick/coils etc, the taste is really bad...burns my throat even at 3/4 wrap.
I gave up back then and continued with normal cigs until last week when i decided to try vaping again.
The same problem occurs now also , crappy taste, no flavor , somewhat metallic taste sometimes, liquid getting in my lungs even if the tanks is half full and the mod is not tilted.

I have no hotspots most of the time , i oxidize the wick properly i think and i also quench the wick three times after it is rolled....
I know that the mechanical mods are a bit tough on the learning curve because of the RBA but i have watched 100 videos and i am doing what i am supposed to do but it doesn't work..the taste is really bad and no flavor .. I watch Scot's videos and P Busardo's videos , methods, etc. but with no use.

The last solution i can come up with is sell this mod and buy a different one , a much simpler one? I have seen that using cotton is easier compared to mesh so maybe i should switch to that?
I would really appreciate it if any of you can suggest on what to do next or what to do different because i am about to give up again and stop attempting to vape.

I mention that the setup i have is [HASHTAG]#500[/HASHTAG] mesh with 20/30 or 30/40 dimensions , 32 AWG Kanthal , 3/4 wraps or 4/5 wraps, 50/50 VG/PG, AW 18650 batteries ..... nothing works .
No custom drip tip ..just out of the box Orion v2.1

Please help guys .

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
I'm sorry that I can't be more helpful with your current set up, but I'm putting in my vote for selling this and getting something new. It's pretty clear to me that you have done your research and are probably doing most, if not everything, as well as you can... not every mod/set-up is for everyone.

There are so many more options that are far more simple than this, IMO. Normally I'd recommend someone just getting back into things to get a regulated device, but obviously you can get a different mech too. If you're set on rebuilding, pair it with an RDA (Mutation X V4, Twisted Messes, El Cabron, 9 Heavens 13 Hells, Doge, Royal Hunter... just to name a few on the less pricey side) and stop worrying about steel mesh wicks. I use cotton and it couldn't be easier, and it still allows you to build if that's what you like.

There are also literally more than a hundred tanks on the market these days, many very good and many that hold up to the flavor and vapor you might expect from an atomizer. A number of them have rebuildable decks as well as prebuilt coils, again if the option to rebuild is something you specifically want. Not everyone is a tank person but the sheer range of options at the end of 2015 means that there are tanks for most people.

I know it can be a little overwhelming getting back into things after a long time off. There are far too many new things and new information to cram into a post so I'm not going to try. If you need more guidance you are welcome to send me a private message and I can help in any way I'm capable of. Otherwise, yeah, I'd say it's pretty clear that this is not the setup for you and it's time to move on before you're back on the coffin nails again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread