Need help from the MTL crowd. ( I'm out of the loop)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Hey, I'd set up a smoker with a nautilus X, specifically with the 1.8 coils for tank and a 4ml extender as an option for them. The mod part should be easier, just any good internal battery one, and maybe even a one of the new mini mods which would pair nicely.

And this recent thread should help on the topic too, just to give you some other options.

Tank to quit smoking

backitdown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
On a boat in So.CA
I had not purchased any new gear for years as my trusty MVP and Protank just worked so well. I recently bought a Istick 40W with a Ego One mega tank and a pack of the rebuildable CLR heads. Total was $52.70 out the door. Low wattage modes with internal batteries are getting hard to find but I am very pleased with this combination. The CLR head is certainly easier to coil than the Protank. check out the vapeshop

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I'm MTL simply because I'm too old to learn new tricks. That said, everything I use is about 2012 vintage (or older). So I don't know how much help I can offer.

Best tootle puffer mod ever made is still a ProVari 2.5 with it's 3.5amp limiter and fast PWM.
    Makes for a smooth vape & even a newb can't get into trouble.

As for toppers I'm completely out of the loop. All I've been using lately are old A7 & A7 mini RDAs.(1.8-2.0 ohm coils)
    Normally on a mechanical mod. (so not for beginners)

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 12, 2013
    S.F/ Seattle
    I started out on the Ego at first, then jumped up to a VTR, an Evic and the Provari's. After that I moved on to Reo's and then the higher end rebuildable mods and squonkers. Back then Kangers were my tank of choice before getting into the higher end stuff. I know that the newer stuff has come a long way from the days of constantly fouling coils.

The problem is, it seems that most of the newer stuff is geared towards the lung hitters such as myself. Just figured I'd inquire about the newer ( non-rebuild able) stuff that may still suit the mouth to lung crowd.

Easy peasy is what I'm after and preferably a top fill tank.

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 12, 2013
    S.F/ Seattle
    I'm still a big fan of an Evod kit for a beginner. Everything you need to start except liquid.

Kanger EVOD Starter Kit

Also, an ego one with clr coils is good.

You know, this isn't such a bad idea. Still have a couple of mini PT2's somewhere is the stash and more than a few spent coils that I can rebuild just like back in the day. Going OG. :cool:

Food for thought, Thank You Mr. Grimwald :party:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Nautilus and nautilus mini are good mtl tanks.(but bottom filled) I think the factory coils are at 1.6-1.8. I would suggest a mod that has an external battery so that it can last a lot longer than one with an internal battery. Although, Eleaf's istick series with internal batteries are a very reliable proven model. The istick with external batteries starts I think at the 60W and goes up to the pico megas.
    Rocky Mountain Vapor, The Mountain top of Electronic Cigarettes
    usually has very good deals on their stuff and always offers a good discount. The 30% code is turkey and it is posted on their home page. This puts a pico 75w mod at around $21(excluding battery). They also offer a kit with a melo 3 tank that is top filled. And you can purchase ECR coils and coil and rewick your own.

More food for thought.

:)

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    I'm mtl and use subohm. I don't understand why they recommend the higher ohm coils for mtl. I get very satisfying hits from subohm seems more like smoking was. So anyway I use the kanger Kbox 160 that's $36 from myvaporstore and the uwell crown with .25 + .5 dual coils. It's fabulous, MTL big vapor with a cig like puff. I use temp control with my kbox and it's perfect for a beginner. You don't need to adjust tcr or wattage. Just set the temp and coil metal and it does great job with the rest. I think subohm is perfect for mtl. Just my two cents.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I'm mtl and use subohm. I don't understand why they recommend the higher ohm coils for mtl. I get very satisfying hits from subohm seems more like smoking was. So anyway I use the kanger Kbox 160 that's $36 from myvaporstore and the uwell crown with .25 + .5 dual coils. It's fabulous, MTL big vapor with a cig like puff. I use temp control with my kbox and it's perfect for a beginner. You don't need to adjust tcr or wattage. Just set the temp and coil metal and it does great job with the rest. I think subohm is perfect for mtl. Just my two cents.
    Totally agree. I use the pico and melo 2 and melo 3 tanks and their coils are at .03 and .05. Usually run them around 10-15 watts with great vapor and taste. I always tell members that what is written on the coils is just a range of suggestions. Does not mean you have to use at those watts.

:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread