Status
Not open for further replies.

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
I've been having issues with posting pics or text, anything in a PM? I am using Tapatalk and when I try to post an attachment it allows me to get to the attachment once a choose it.... I'm getting a message that asks if I want to start a new Conversation or continue with a previous one or a draft? Can't find a forgotten draft.... So regardless, either choice is wrong in that when I choose yes start new conversation or continue with old (tried both countless times) it doesn't do anything.... I've waiting for up to half hour to see if it's just slow uploading.... to no avail.... I cannot post a pic or any attachments in pm's (haven't tried posting here in this because I want this answered the and not sitting in a loop ..... Seems to have been happening for the last 6-8 months.

I've been cut and pasted in pm's which works but not when choosing 3 dot tab (upper right corner) for an attachment???

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Moved to Site Feedback and Help

There is no attachment option for Conversations in XenForo.

I forgot, we installed an addon that extends that.

If the image is larger than 1MB, it's not going to upload. You can, however, use image tags [img][/img] to link images from a hosting service like Imgur if they're larger than 1MB.

Reactions: Izan

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Thank you.... I'll look into your recommendations..... I also can't see what you've posted.... It says 0% I tried to refresh it.... Nothing? Tapatalk used to work so well... Its a shame....cause I currently do not have a desktop laptop etc... Just my Sammy s6

You really don't need to use Tapatalk as the design on ECF is responsive to mobile devices. Give it a try on your phone's browser.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Hmmm ok.... But using this on a regular browser is definitely different.... I'm going to have to get used to this.
It takes a bit to get used to. I prefer the mobile browser on my phone to tapatalk. Tapatalk has gotten too confusing for me lately. I don't know how to navigate in it any longer. I am ready to kick it right off my phone.

My android has a web browser and Chrome. My chrome browser is only for ECF. Whenever I tap on that app, ECF comes up every time.

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
It takes a bit to get used to. I prefer the mobile browser on my phone to tapatalk. Tapatalk has gotten too confusing for me lately. I don't know how to navigate in it any longer. I am ready to kick it right off my phone.

My android has a web browser and Chrome. My chrome browser is only for ECF. Whenever I tap on that app, ECF comes up every time.
Yeah much better plus I can use all of its functionality....I couldn't list things for sale via taptalk

Reactions: Robino1

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
A screen shot would go a long way to helping nail down the issue. Is there a link to one of the threads you're attempting to reply to?

Just tried to post a Screenshot... And got too low memory to complete task.... Man, I have an issue and can't even send a ss to explain.

It says you have insufficient privileges to respond to this thread...... Will I only recieved that if a thread is closed??

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
It says you have insufficient privileges to respond to this thread...... Will I only recieved that if a thread is closed??

Yep. Look for the picture of a padlock at the top right of the thread. Some forums are also restricted from posting by the general membership as well.

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Bear in mind, threads are auto closed by the software after 90 days of inactivity.
Ok gotcha what about the not being able to link a Screenshot..... Msg had something to do with memory is too low for this application? ......? Thanks soo Much for responding soo quickly... You really must be retired... Me to.

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Ok this is getting pointless to even be a member here anymore...... I can't post any pics? Can anyone help me with why in every pm Ecf seems to think it's a draft new conversation or asks to send in previous conversation..... Either pick DOESN'T get a result BLANK PAGE ..... I've tried desktop.... chrome.. tapatalk..... And Dolphin browsers.... Can an administrator help..... With this SPECIFIC MSG THAT I'M GETTING..... I don't know why this is happening but with a forum like this it's pointless and quite aggravating not being able to post a simple pic....?

Bold isnt attitude I'm just highlighting....
Been around since 2009 and never had these issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread