Need help on how to mix my own e liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
You're making a great choice! DIY e-liquid is so much fun and then you know just what you're getting. It can be a little overwhelming at first, but you'll get the hang of it quickly. There are SO many resources available to help. Here are a few good ones to get going:

Beginner DIY Tutorials
Getting Started: DIY 101
DIY E-juice Resources

Poke around those links some and feel free to come back with any and all questions. IMO making your own juice is a blast.

In addition to the above, there is also a website (Vapecrafter) that will make "DIY" juice and send it to you, using flavorings any DIY maker can obtain for home use. You can tell them just a flavor you want ("I want a blue raspberry cotton candy e-juice") and they'll make it and send you the recipe to reproduce, you can be more specific while still letting them do the 'dirty work', or you can go totally custom and plug in an exact recipe you want them to just produce for you without having to get the ingredients. Some of the larger e-liquid recipe sites have ways to go straight from there to a Vapecrafter order. This might be a good option to try out a few recipes before buying all the supplies and make sure you like the juice, OR you might prefer to just jump right in. Certainly ordering through Vapecrafter will not save you nearly as much money as going full-DIY; it's just a thought since you're just starting out. Either way, you have the link if you want it :)

Good luck and let us know anything else you need.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi everyone, new to the group and new to "trying to make my own e liquid, someone please...
Welcome and glad you joined. If your serious, you have a lot of reading to do. The more you read the more sucessful you will be.
Might like to read the following
dannyv45's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
diy_beginners_guide - DIY_eJuice
Could read the stickies in this forum:
DIY E-Liquid
If you can't find an answer and you searched for it, could ask in the DIY forum.

Jeff M.

May 7, 2015
There's a ton of great info here in the DIY E-liquid section that's been linked above (a sub forum of the General E-liquid Discussion). I read threads there for weeks before getting started. For me, what really jump started my recent DIY journey though, was discovering mixing by weight (which is thoroughly covered here: Mixing By Weight: Basics 101 ) It's incredibly easy, and there's very little mess/cleanup compared to mixing by volume with syringes/cylinders.

Another godsend for me was the DIY E-juice calculator found here: New Calculator to try as it allows me to create and modify recipes in a relatively user friendly format. I make notes over time about different recipes which makes it easy to tweak and make better. It works well with mixing by weight as it will display the weight of ingredients needed recipes.

Early on I found a one-stop-shop for most of what I needed (Nicotine River) that had a healthy selection of flavors available in small 10ml quantities. I had some commercial e-juice offering that I liked and wanted to clone, or liked but wanted to slightly tweak, so I had a jumping off point to guide me in selecting individual flavors to mix and experiment with.

The only part I really find annoying is waiting for some juices to "steep" to be just right. Thankfully I have a couple "shake-and-vape" (ready to use immediately after mixing) recipes that I really enjoy to fill the voids between batches.

Good luck!

Reactions: JC Okie

Vanessa Merrills

Apr 29, 2017
You're making a great choice! DIY e-liquid is so much fun and then you know just what you're getting. It can be a little overwhelming at first, but you'll get the hang of it quickly. There are SO many resources available to help. Here are a few good ones to get going:

Beginner DIY Tutorials
Getting Started: DIY 101
DIY E-juice Resources

Poke around those links some and feel free to come back with any and all questions. IMO making your own juice is a blast.

In addition to the above, there is also a website (Vapecrafter) that will make "DIY" juice and send it to you, using flavorings any DIY maker can obtain for home use. You can tell them just a flavor you want ("I want a blue raspberry cotton candy e-juice") and they'll make it and send you the recipe to reproduce, you can be more specific while still letting them do the 'dirty work', or you can go totally custom and plug in an exact recipe you want them to just produce for you without having to get the ingredients. Some of the larger e-liquid recipe sites have ways to go straight from there to a Vapecrafter order. This might be a good option to try out a few recipes before buying all the supplies and make sure you like the juice, OR you might prefer to just jump right in. Certainly ordering through Vapecrafter will not save you nearly as much money as going full-DIY; it's just a thought since you're just starting out. Either way, you have the link if you want it :)

Good luck and let us know anything else you need.
Thankyou I'll give it a try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread