Need help on my first vape mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nisith

Sep 13, 2017
Hi Guys

I vaped on your recommended suggestions and it was great as I found my sweet spot at 50/55 watts on 0.5ohms.
But I don't know why my tank is consuming lots of juice as I have to refill 5 times in a single day on a 0.5ohms coil.

And please check my mod picture as I am feeling little bit proud to final having a beast with me.

http://i65.tinypic.com/30skfw2.jpg[/IMG]

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hi Guys

I vaped on your recommended suggestions and it was great as I found my sweet spot at 50/55 watts on 0.5ohms.
But I don't know why my tank is consuming lots of juice as I have to refill 5 times in a single day on a 0.5ohms coil.

And please check below the link of my mod picture as I am feeling little bit proud to final having a beast with me.

http://i65.tinypic.com/30skfw2.jpg[/IMG]

Think of it like a fast muscle car. Tons of awesome power bending to your will, yet every time you take off from the starting line you watch the gas needle drop!

Your e juice is the gas.. and it's dropping due to the (awesome) power.

If you stay with lower wattages (10-15 watts) your consumption of e juice is low, but the more power you add, the more you consume.

Many people are happy staying with lower wattages, and e juice consumption is just one reason as to why. When you vape at lower wattages you have to increase the amount of nicotine in your e juice though, as your consuming less juice as a whole.

With higher wattage vaping, you can make your own e juice (which is terribly inexpensive to do) so that it's not costing you a fortune to vape, however.. :)

OR, you can get a lower wattage tank for using part of the time, and use the higher wattage tank at times like getting up in the morning, or when you come home from work at night, those times the extra punch of the higher wattage is most desirable.

Last edited:

Nisith

Sep 13, 2017
Think of it like a fast muscle car. Tons of awesome power bending to your will, yet every time you take off from the starting line you watch the gas needle drop!

Your e juice is the gas.. and it's dropping due to the (awesome) power.

If you stay with lower wattages (10-15 watts) your consumption of e juice is low, but the more power you add, the more you consume.

Many people are happy staying with lower wattages, and e juice consumption is just one reason as to why. When you vape at lower wattages you have to increase the amount of nicotine in your e juice though, as your consuming less juice as a whole.

With higher wattage vaping, you can make your own e juice (which is terribly inexpensive to do) so that it's not costing you a fortune to vape, however.. :)

OR, you can get a lower wattage tank for using part of the time, and use the higher wattage tank at times like getting up in the morning, or when you come home from work at night, those times the extra punch of the higher wattage is most desirable.

I tried lowering the watt but its spits back most of the time. And e juices will cost a fortune here in India, 30ml costs us around 40 dollars and 120ml is 60 dollars.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I tried lowering the watt but its spits back most of the time. And e juices will cost a fortune here in India, 30ml costs us around 40 dollars and 120ml is 60 dollars.

You can't lower the watts with that tank and coil.

Can you buy the supplies in order to make your own e juice there in India? VG, PG, Nicotine base, and flavorings?

If you can buy these items, you should make your own juice. It's pennies on the dollar to make it yourself.

If not, your better off getting a different tank and sticking with lower wattages .. you can get this here which is decent and has good flavor: $13.22 Kabuki Styled BCC Bottom Coil Clearomizer - 3ml / 1.6ohm(3.3-4.2V) / 316 stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping and the coils you buy for it for it are inexpensive too, the coils it takes are the aspire nautilus coils.

You can run that tank at around 10-11 watts. Just increase the nicotine levels in your e juice.

Last edited:

Nisith

Sep 13, 2017
You can't lower the watts with that tank and coil.

Can you buy the supplies in order to make your own e juice there in India? VG, PG, Nicotine base, and flavorings?

If you can buy these items, you should make your own juice. It's pennies on the dollar to make it yourself.

If not, your better off getting a different tank and sticking with lower wattages .. you can get this here which is decent and has good flavor: $13.22 Kabuki Styled BCC Bottom Coil Clearomizer - 3ml / 1.6ohm(3.3-4.2V) / 316 stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping and the coils you buy for it for it are inexpensive too, the coils it takes are the aspire nautilus coils.

You can run that tank at around 10-11 watts. Just increase the nicotine levels in your e juice.

VG/PG & Flavourings is available but I might have a problem with nicotine cause it's illegal in some states and very hard to find.

But anyways I will surely try kabuki

Thanks

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
As an FYI, you might be able to purchase nicotine base from other countries. Some places will ship internationally to you.. it's just a matter of you knowing your states laws and taking responsibility for them (meaning, if you place an order and your shipment is confiscated, you won't blame the company you bought the nicotine from) but if you happen to be in a state where nicotine is legal then it's probably worth it to invest in some nicotine base, even with the added cost of shipping if e juice is that high in your area.

Shipping Information

(This company sells nicotine base and ships internationally)

Nisith

Sep 13, 2017
As an FYI, you might be able to purchase nicotine base from other countries. Some places will ship internationally to you.. it's just a matter of you knowing your states laws and taking responsibility for them (meaning, if you place an order and your shipment is confiscated, you won't blame the company you bought the nicotine from) but if you happen to be in a state where nicotine is legal then it's probably worth it to invest in some nicotine base, even with the added cost of shipping if e juice is that high in your area.

Shipping Information

(This company sells nicotine base and ships internationally)
Sure will check if nicotine is allowed in my state

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes, it's actually normal to go through juice like crazy at those ohms and wattages. You can try a different tank with a higher resistance and the kabuki clone may be a great choice for you the coils are inexpensive, and you may find you like the MTL tank, or can at least use it sometimes. You will go through less juice, but keep in mind you may need a higher nicotine level in that tank than the one you are using-- You'll go through less juice and will need more "nic" per inhale to compensate. If you find yourself enjoying your sub0hm setup more, then investigating DIY may be an idea, but you may be surprised at how much you like your MTL setup, as well.

Best of luck, and I'm glad you have something working for you. Sometimes it takes a little while to find what is going to work best, but even with juice consumption issues, at least you have a stable vape to get you going in the quitting process.

Anna

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
@Nisith I checked out your picture, Crown looks great on the Charon. Keep in mind that to lower juice consumption you will be using mtl (mouth to lung) tanks, you are currently vaping dtl (direct to lung). Many enjoy both styles of vaping. If you don't, dyi is your best option.

Nisith

Sep 13, 2017
Yes, it's actually normal to go through juice like crazy at those ohms and wattages. You can try a different tank with a higher resistance and the kabuki clone may be a great choice for you the coils are inexpensive, and you may find you like the MTL tank, or can at least use it sometimes. You will go through less juice, but keep in mind you may need a higher nicotine level in that tank than the one you are using-- You'll go through less juice and will need more "nic" per inhale to compensate. If you find yourself enjoying your sub0hm setup more, then investigating DIY may be an idea, but you may be surprised at how much you like your MTL setup, as well.

Best of luck, and I'm glad you have something working for you. Sometimes it takes a little while to find what is going to work best, but even with juice consumption issues, at least you have a stable vape to get you going in the quitting process.

Anna
Thanks Anna

I will surely look onto the suggested tank but in regards to DIY, its very hard to get all the needed ingredients here in India and if luckily i managed to get the things internationally then it will be definite problem from custom

Nisith

Sep 13, 2017
@Nisith I checked out your picture, Crown looks great on the Charon. Keep in mind that to lower juice consumption you will be using mtl (mouth to lung) tanks, you are currently vaping dtl (direct to lung). Many enjoy both styles of vaping. If you don't, dyi is your best option.

Thanks Letitia for the appreciation
Unfortunately its very hard to get all the needed ingredients here in India and if luckily i managed to get the things internationally then it will be definite problem from custom

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If you can't DIY, I'd highly suggest trying a MTL tank with higher nic (around here in the US, more nic in juices usually doesn't *cost* more, not sure if that's the case where you are) to at least reduce your juice consumption some of the time (and hey, you may find you like it better, anyway) to reduce juice costs, even if you use your sub0hm setup. BTW, you only need a tank, the mod you have will be perfectly fine for MTL at the correct wattages.... If you like it, you may want to have a simpler, less powerful battery for it, so that you have a "backup" tank in case anything happens to yours. Always a good thing to have.

Best of luck,

Anna

Nisith

Sep 13, 2017
If you can't DIY, I'd highly suggest trying a MTL tank with higher nic (around here in the US, more nic in juices usually doesn't *cost* more, not sure if that's the case where you are) to at least reduce your juice consumption some of the time (and hey, you may find you like it better, anyway) to reduce juice costs, even if you use your sub0hm setup. BTW, you only need a tank, the mod you have will be perfectly fine for MTL at the correct wattages.... If you like it, you may want to have a simpler, less powerful battery for it, so that you have a "backup" tank in case anything happens to yours. Always a good thing to have.

Best of luck,

Anna

Sure

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Nisith, it does sound dismal, it still might be worth checking out that thread. You'll meet other users facing the same problem(s) and some of them are rather educated about how to manage those problems safely than those of us reading here.

Leticia's suggesting this for your benefit, so that you may be able to investigate all your options....

Best of luck to you!

Anna

Nisith

Sep 13, 2017
Nisith, it does sound dismal, it still might be worth checking out that thread. You'll meet other users facing the same problem(s) and some of them are rather educated about how to manage those problems safely than those of us reading here.

Leticia's suggesting this for your benefit, so that you may be able to investigate all your options....

Best of luck to you!

Anna

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread