xbailey24x

Apr 3, 2016

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
try getting 24gauge kanthal I wouldn't go higher than 26gauge (higher the gauge thinner the wire) as IMO thin wires are harder to build with. And since you're dripping 24g will fit just fine, even 22 or 20 would fit depending on your IAD.

For first build I recommend dual 24gauge kanthals 3.0mm IAD 7-8 wraps.

As for DIY tools, get the coil master kit v2, I have it and it has everything you need to get started also gives you 10ft of 24gauge kanthals and some organic cotton.

Have fun

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Skip the v4 its a leaker. Get a sapor or troll, both from wotofo. Or go rta same process, less mess.

Yep, agreed 100%. Avoid the MXV4 even if it is free. Not a good atty for a beginner, or anyone that doesn't want juice leaking everywhere. If you are set on a bottom feed atomizer, get a Tsunami. For a simple RTA you could try the Avocado. There are tons of atomizers out there and the easiest to build have a "Velocity-style" deck (two posts, four holes). These are exceptionally easy to build with a single or dual coil.

If I were only going to have one wire size I would choose 26ga. It is a decent all around wire. I use it more than any other size - of course this is dependent on your equipment and what you are trying to accomplish.

Thinner wire (higher resistance) will heat faster and generally lengthen battery life but is more delicate and can be trickier to use. Heavier wire (lower resistance) will do the opposite - heat slower and use more battery power, but is easier to work with.

I find 26ga to be a good compromise, though I do occasionally use 24ga wire.

The kit you linked to seems to have all the tools you will need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread