Need help selecting new tank/s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve-Sutton

Aug 3, 2017
Hey peeps a bit of a new bro. Been on and off for a couple years but I used whatever the shop sold me basically.
Originally I had a nautilus and loved it before my local stopped selling and then I got some kangertech rubbish that never worked right.

Now I have a nautilus 2 which leaks and seems to get harder to drag off with passing minutes until the airflow whilst being completely open feels like it should be on the smallest hole. I replaced the coil twice and cleaned everything and it works properly for about an hour of light use. not to mention lt leaks occasionally

Second I have a melo 2 which isn't the best but does it's job only after the first 5 or 6 hideous puffs every time it's left for longer than a few mins.

Both of these issues put me off immensely so I don't want to vape so I go back to tobacco continuously. I'm hoping to find a tank that I fall in love with cause I can't afford to buy and try a new one each week.

Lately a friend of mine is telling me to get a big baby beast that sounds good but from what I hear chews up juice at a remarkable rate and as I mentioned im not in a position to be paying 3x the amount for juice.

Any opinion on tanks that would are reliable all the time especially in the mornin after 8 hours sitting there. Also 5ml options are better but not essential. I know there not legal now but I'm hoping to import if need be.

Thanks

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
1) You can use your old nautilus with the nautilus 2 coils. If you don't have the tank anymore you can buy it cheap online.

2) Baby beast is known for being leaky and finnicky. And it's a sub-ohm tank which is a completely different experience from the Nautilus. If you wanted to do sub-ohm vaping, i'd recommend something else.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I will always recommend the eGo ONE series of tanks with CLR coils. Rugged, reliable, affordable and leak free. The coils are designed to be rewickable and/or rebuildable but at $7 and change for a 5pk you can just toss 'em if you prefer.

Now this thread gets way off topic lately with frugal vapers sharing their latest deals and steals. I'd suggest you check out the first page or 2 then introduce yourself and ask for info on the tanks. Many different styles to choose from!

eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

Last edited:

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
2) Baby beast is known for being leaky and finnicky. And it's a sub-ohm tank which is a completely different experience from the Nautilus. If you wanted to do sub-ohm vaping, i'd recommend something else.

Point made on the Baby being almost exclusively a cloud chasing tank. But leaking and high maintenance are not problems here. I have two of them and they're reliable performers. They're also very thirsty, but that is a tradeoff for the vapor production and flavor it delivers.

OP is not sold on Kanger tanks, but I've never had a problem with my Subtank Mini tanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike McVape

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I like the Nautilus 2 and don't have issues with it. That said, I also own an EGO one mega and I like that tank quite well, especially for size. I don't think it's a miraculous vape, but it's a good, solid vape and you have many coil options and it has a good range from MTL to sub-ohming, depending on coil.

Anna

Reactions: TraderX

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I use the the Toptank mini, but seeing as how you had issues with Kanger in the past not sure if it was a mod, or tank that was the problem. I personally don't care for their mods, but I do like their tanks. The Toptank uses either stock coils or there is a RBA that you could rebuild if you choose for future savings on coils.

Mike McVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Point made on the Baby being almost exclusively a cloud chasing tank. But leaking and high maintenance are not problems here. I have two of them and they're reliable performers. They're also very thirsty, but that is a tradeoff for the vapor production and flavor it delivers.

OP is not sold on Kanger tanks, but I've never had a problem with my Subtank Mini tanks.
I have 4 Big Baby Beast tanks (6 if you count the 2 that have moved on to a friend with my 2 starter Stick V8s). Haven't had leak issues unless user error over filling.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Reactions: TraderX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread