Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I've got one of these mods in the mail on the way to me. If you can wait a couple weeks for me to get some experience on mine I might be able to answer your question. From what I understand TC doesn't work on Kanthal so I would just suggest double checking the settings. Good luck. (and my suggestion to wait two weeks was a joke).
You're one of the *lucky" winners. Congrats!:)

Richard Thompson

Aug 29, 2015
Cairo, Georgia
Well I mean there. Is three. Modes on it stock
Memory(which is preset wattages you can choose to set or if you leave it alone with out setting it goes up by tens; then wattage mode which you use to trace the range of 6 to 160
Then temp mode which stock only thing you can use is nickle until you update then stainless steel and titanium
hello richard :) As sir2fyablynutz mentiond, TC wont work with kenthal, has to be nickle or titanium coils. also might want to check the wicking make sure its good and soaked, hope that helps, Happy Vaping.
I know and I'm not using temp mode as I already said I'm in wattage on soft hit standard so but thanks

Reactions: Cognator
I wish I knew what soft hit standard was. Looks like I'll be headed for some video's soon. Are there other options on wattage besides "soft hit standard"?
I have no idea either. The only thing I understand is the (-) minus button. Guess that is not saying much > ;)

Richard Thompson

Aug 29, 2015
Cairo, Georgia
Soft hit basically you wattage determine your volt used in soft is twenty percent less than what you would see normal volts from the wattage
Normal hit. Stay constant what it should read
Hard hit twenty percent more than what you set to wattage and flutters down. Over a period of time

Richard Thompson

Aug 29, 2015
Cairo, Georgia
Richard, this is a long shot, but you may wish to check your Smoke 160 and see what firmware version you have. You, more than likely, are fine there but the latest firmware version is V1.091. If I am not mistaken, this corrects some temperature control problems. Good luck > :blink:
Yea if I would be using temp control but nobody in my town carries nickle or titanium so I'm not using temp control once again this is purely in wattage mode

Last edited:

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Soft hit basically you wattage determine your volt used in soft is twenty percent less than what you would see normal volts from the wattage
Normal hit. Stay constant what it should read
Hard hit twenty percent more than what you set to wattage and flutters down. Over a period of time

I'd be trying the normal hit. Could be an issue with power fluctuation. 30 watts on a .3 build "shouldn't" be toasting the coils. You could try dropping down to say 25 watts on normal, see how it vapes and bump it up if needed. If there's a firmware issue it will be in the soft or hard where the reading/power fluctuates (guess). The normal is pretty much old proven tech.

Well, in this case the OP is talking about the SMOK XCube II. Haven't yet purchased a temp control mod. Maybe I will if there are some stellar sales this weekend.
I just bought a Smoke M80 TC. I have a fair idea that all I am going to do is burn up everything. Well...let's hope it is not all that bad. I am just hoping I can wiggle around that firmware update they had to address temp control problems > :w00t:

Reactions: Susan~S

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
You're one of the *lucky" winners. Congrats!:)

I was wanting you to get one doll. It was an amazing feeling to be selected. ECF has done nothing but help me get off the cigs and STAY off them, and now my first TC unit.

Richard Thompson

Aug 29, 2015
Cairo, Georgia
I'd be trying the normal hit. Could be an issue with power fluctuation. 30 watts on a .3 build "shouldn't" be toasting the coils. You could try dropping down to say 25 watts on normal, see how it vapes and bump it up if needed. If there's a firmware issue it will be in the soft or hard where the reading/power fluctuates (guess). The normal is pretty much old proven tech.

well 30 watts normal caused the cotton to catch fire from fully soaked
in 5 secs

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
well 30 watts normal caused the cotton to catch fire from fully soaked
in 5 secs

OUCH. Now I am wondering if the reading in the mod is off. I don't know of any way to test the power output on a mod. If you try again, turn the power down to 20 watts. If not, call where you got the mod from, or post on the FB page of the manufacturer, or contact them (China is out of the office till Monday for their large WW2 anniversary celebration.)

Richard Thompson

Aug 29, 2015
Cairo, Georgia
OUCH. Now I am wondering if the reading in the mod is off. I don't know of any way to test the power output on a mod. If you try again, turn the power down to 20 watts. If not, call where you got the mod from, or post on the FB page of the manufacturer, or contact them (China is out of the office till Monday for their large WW2 anniversary celebration.)
thanks and yeah planed on it if nothing good came from here

thanks and yeah planed on it if nothing good came from here
I am just following this thread here and not being of any help what-so-ever. I have not been vaping that long and only fooled around with an RDA once. Yeah Richard a weird thing here Bro. You may wish to take a look at Smok's website at that upgrade or update information. Never know, one might glean some information there. No worries. You will figure it out > :sneaky:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread