Need help tracking down a popular old tobacco flavor from 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

stayinwonderland

Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
Seattle
Man this is driving me nuts. I lived in the UK at the time, got into vaping summer of 2013 and either that year or the next I was furiously trying to find a decent pipe tobacco.

Memory is very sketchy but I do recall finding a US supplier with a well known type of tobacco (I mean, I'm only going to ship from the US on a good reputation). I feel like at the time is wasn't up there with Boba's but it was getting a bit of a status.

I recall they had a family of rich, very sickly sweet tobaccos and had variations on a theme but likely used the same base recipe in each. Wasn't cig-a-like, would have been closer to pipe.

Other clues: vague recollection they may have been based in Florida, offered 5ml samples, weren't big-time (simple web site) would likely have had a novelty theme around these flavors such as pipeweed or something hobbit related i.e. not just - dark tobacco. The smell was legendary right through the packaging.

Only coming here because I've exhausted all my searches.

Thanks!

Reactions: Izan

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Maybe The Vapor Stop has something close - Black and Mild comes to mind. They are my local brick and mortar, but do online sales as well. Very reliable people, good house brand juice as well as some other brands. One of the Southern Tradition juices they carry may suit you as well. Worth giving it a try.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
Maybe Heathers Heavenly Vapes, they are not in Florida though, they are in Georgia. Look through their NET line and see if something jogs your memories.
I agree. They had to change a few names if I remember correctly...from too Tolkien to just enough without getting in trouble.

stayinwonderland

Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
Seattle
well that is interesting because my next point was going to be that I don't recall any names. I'll maybe email them and see how far back their records go! keep you posted and keep the suggestions coming. I don't feel like the flavors I got were NETs but could be mistaken. The taste was not authentic tobacco at all, it was like the Ry4 sweet kinda thing.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Maybe VapeBig.com. They're in Lakeland, Florida and aren't real big at all. They were my go-to vendor that I bought my elquids from and many of my friends did, too, when we first started vaping. Basic website, no brick and mortar physical store, nice guy name Aaron is who i used to deal with when I had any questions, etc.

stayinwonderland

Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
Seattle
Nah, it's not Florida that's the key criteria. I actually feel the first suggestion is closest and that was in Georgia (south/south east). I think it was that general area. And all the suggested sites so far are way off. They look like brand new stock standard 2015/16 web sites with just plain standard tobaccos.

These were really unique tobaccos, novelty names most likely. Very boutique and popular in the community. I could be mis-remembering that, but they certainly weren't plain tobaccos. I've emailed them, just waiting for a response.

stayinwonderland

Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
Seattle
I wish. I had a folder that I put all my vape stuff in and then stopped vaping for a while and deleted it. But, there was an email correspondence between myself and the company which should have landed in a different folder. But with no idea of the company name it's not possible to find it. Tried scrolling through a year's worth of email, it's just not realistic.

Reactions: DavidOck

stayinwonderland

Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
Seattle
Might be better, to save distraction, to focus on recalling any really popular tobaccos of that vape-era. I think it was like Boba's in terms of popularity (although obviously not quite) and maybe even flavor profile. And like I say, I ordered 3 and they all tasted similar, so it was like the way Boba's has it's Gorialla version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread