Need help with a good cloud chasing settup

Status
Not open for further replies.

anfuso

Jan 3, 2016
I have the kennedy competition rda and the reuleaux rx200 mod. I have 24 gaugue kanthal and i want to know what coil build i should do. How many wraps, what to wrap it around, and what ohms it should be, and how many watts to run it at.
I also have two staple staggered fused claptons that run at .12 ohms. is this a good build? and i do not know what watts to run it at

sig-cmt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
HoustΩn, TX
If all you have on hand is 24g KA1, I would go with dual parallel 24g 5/4 wrap on 3mm coils @ 0.12 ohm and power them between 100W-125W.
Anything with a larger ID, or longer (e.g. 6/5 wrap) on a Kennedy Competition RDA @ 22mm reduces wicking space which will work against you.

Last edited:

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
so are you a brand-new vaper? have you not utilized your mod to it's full potential, as of yet?? have you not build a sub-ohm coil that worked well, as-of yet? are you asking this question because, despite having tried, your builds just aren't producing thick vapor?

if the above is your issue, then all you really have-to do, is learn ohms law. I suggest you just do a quick google search for ohm's law, choose a good website with a good overview of the law, and, read it - learn it - & read it again, until it sinks in!! It doesn't matter if you are terrible with mathematics/arithmetic/addition/subtraction, multiplication, fractions & decimals, algebra, or calculus. It doesn't take someone that knows any of those schools of math to learn Ohm's Law. in-fact, I am so poor at math, I just had to google the term "type of math that uses letters" in-order to remember & list algebra. lmfao.... I am TERRIBLE at math. The only reason I passed high-school math, was because my senior year teacher allowed me to copy... & he told me that if I showed-up for the final-test, he'd pass me with a D- for the year, even-though I should-of gotten an F. Actually, when that class was over, & the bell wrung, out-of 100 questions, I had finished 30, and when I got my math-final-test back, out-of those 30 questions I had finished, I got 12 right. lol. but he passed me!!

OHMS LAW is NEEDED to vape SAFELY! you MUST learn Ohm's Law to vape safely & efficiently. So, google Ohm's Law, and, when you are finished with learning Ohm's Law, I want you to google "Wattage Power Vaping" (just type that into google, & pick a good site) That's all there is to it. Once you've googled these two word strings, read a website or two on each subject, you will have NO problem figuring out what resistance coil you WANT to build, and what wattage you'll WANT to pull. KK? ;)

If you'd like to take the easy way out, there are charts these days, that list resistance, with suggested wattage adjacent to it...
I recommend you SKIP this type of thing, & just learn wattage/power vaping & ohm's law on your own, okay? okay!

Good luck with this, and, WELCOME to ECF, WELCOME to the vape hobby, & please, PLEASE, ENJOY yer vape journey!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tommy272

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Ohms law isn't much help when using vw mod though. Amp draw (which you need to know in order to be safe) is determined by watts and battery charge (lower charge = higher amp draw) on a vw mod. Resistance doesn't matter. On a single battery mod (assuming 64w and cutoff at 3.2v):

64 / 3.2 = 20 amps (add an amp out two to account for circuit draw)

On the reuleaux:

64 / 9.6 (three batteries in series, each at 3.2v) = 6.66 amps (per battery).

The amp draw should not exceed the continuous discharge rating of the battery/batteries.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Vonage

Moved On
Jan 5, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple identities are not permitted on ECF

jbnuke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2014
Trenton nj
Ok my current setup which absolutely chucks clouds is 24 gage kanthal dual coil 10 wrap 3mm diameter, ohms out at .49, i can run it up to 120w @7.5v and no dry hits or even hot hits. Nice warm vape. Its on a tubo v3 which has huge airflow... i just recently discovered going high voltage on a higher ohm build and, well im loving it... but need a macrocoil imho to be able to run that high a voltage.

jbnuke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2014
Trenton nj
My personal favorite is 24 gage kanthal, 10 wraps 2.5mm. I can run it at 45 watts with airflow shut off mostly all the way up to 140 watts without it getting too hot to handle. At that power, enormous cloud profuction and a nice warm vape. Built on a turbo v3 sitting on a releaux with the dna200 chip. Ohms out at .49.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
IMHO only velocity style deck is absolutely the best fit for cloud chaising

Why do you believe this?
i have 3x velocity's a 30mm Temple and an Aromamizer also both with same style velocity deck, i like this style deck a lot as its easier to build on but im just trying to get into your head and understand why you think they are the best for clouds? the clouds seem just as good on anything else i have..

cheers :)

Last edited:

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
For the OP.... This is the sort of thing that I was explaining you could do, these are 2.5id but you could do 3mm or 3.5id easily
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread