Status
Not open for further replies.

heliguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
chicago
Hi -

So this is my first time with a high wattage device and a RDA. I currently own a Reo Grand VV, A ZNA, and a ZNA Clone. My only experience with rebuilding atomizers is with a reomizer that I use to use but I was never that good at it and after about 6 months of use went back to standard atomizers. Decided I wanted to get back into it and just got myself a Sigelei 150W TC and a Mutation X V4.

It arrived last night and I threw my first build together. I'm still waiting on my ohm reader and my coilmaster V3 from amazon which will be here today.

I did the best I could without knowing the exact diameter coil I was building. I was shooting for a 2mm 24g K 6 wrap. It came out to .3 ohms.

It took me about 30min to get the coils set up right! A little slow I know! Im having a few issues.

#1 Its just to dam hot! I'm running this at 70 watts as it seems to heat up real fast at this wattage. A little to slow when its lower than this. Is it suppose to be this hot of vapor? Or am I just not use to this High Wattage vaping. I'm coughing my lungs out here. Does the cooling adapter work on the V4. I was going to put it on tonight and give it a go. I usually vape at 25mg. I diluted my eliquid down to 6mg with VG as the throat hit was just crazy.

#2 I don't think its wicking properly. I can only get 2 hits out of this thing before I get a dry hit. Sometimes even one nice hit and its dry. Any tips on what I might be doing wrong? I made sure the cotton wasn't to tight or to loose just like I see in all the videos I have watched on youtube. How much of the ends of the cotton should I have before I tuck it into the juice well. I cut it a little longer than the base. Should I be cutting it at the diameter of the base of the mutation X or even shorter? I think I may have made the cotton to long. Maybe there is to much to properly wick. How many hits should I be getting out of this thing before I should add more eliquid? I was thinking it should be at least 5?

Also - Would making a higher ohm coil with 28g keep the vapor cooler or does that not work that way.

Don'tworryaboutit

Nov 19, 2015
Try wrapping around a 3mm bit if you wish it to be cooler, and turn down the wattage a bit. As for the massive throat hit, I would try reducing your juice to a 3mg, which is a lot more suitable for sub-ohm, high wattage vaping. Where you're vaping at a high wattage with a smaller coil, that's what is causing your cotton to go dry so quickly. Go ahead and cut your cotton flush with the sides of the deck and tuck it in just so that it's touching the bottom of the deck as well, and with all that you should be set!

Reactions: entropy1049

thekill

Dec 27, 2014
Limon, CO
1) either bring down your wattage or open up your air flow to get rid of the intense heat
2)dilute your liquid a little more
3) dry hits; you may have a hot spot in your coil still, the wattage is simply so high that the juice available is being drawn faster then it can be replenished, or its too tight.
4) yes higher ohm builds with a smaller Gauge wire will bring the hear down a bit. However I think the problem you have right now can be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread