Need Help With Setting Wattage In TC Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
I started playing around with a TC atomizer within the last few weeks or so on an old mod. The tank is an Arctic V8, I'm using 0.2 Ohm nickel, and the mod is a Sigelei Fuchai 200 Watt+ TC. I have been setting to 450-475 F and I like it. BUT...I have heard that the mod really doesn't do TC very well so there is a good chance that my setting isn't very accurate at all. I have a new mod coming in tomorrow. It's a joyetech Elitar Pipe, and I plan to slap that tank on it. That pipe allows you to set the Wattage in TC mode. So my question is that if I find that I really do like 450-475 F, where should my Wattage be set? I don't need for the vape to reach max temp extremely quickly. I used to smoke a (real) pipe, and I enjoyed puffing on the thing, and it would take a 'primer puff' or two to get warm anyway. What I'm looking for is a Wattage setting that will get me to 450-475 F in about 1.5 seconds and stay there if I keep puffing away.

Last edited:
Reactions: mattrix

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I'm guessing that your question is If you vape at "450-475 F" in temp mode what should you set the preheat wattage to? I generally put the unit in Wattage mode, start at 20 W and go up till you find a wattage the feels good to you. Go back to temp mode and set the preheat to the wattage you liked and make any adjustment from there.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I just looked up your Sigelei Fuchai 200, it is capable of using Kanthal, Ni200, and Titanium Compatibility and does not mention Stainless. Here is a link to a video on it
Sigelei Fuchai 200w TC Review
Another video from you tube

It seems the vaporizer has changed since the first video
Power mode is what I call wattage mode and nickel wire can be used in power mode. Segelei is not using a preheat from the second video.
Joyetech Elitar Pipe
A video on your pipe

this does take the stainless steel and has the preheat function. I'm pretty sure it is coming with a Clapton SS coil which is good.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I have similar questions.
What is the watt setting for? Whats it do? Why would you use a higher or lower value?

I didn't think you were supposed to use power mode with Ni, but IDK.
Hopefully someone who does will come along.
Lower wattage and it'll take a longer time to reach the set temperature, higher wattage and you'll reach the set temperature faster.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I use SS for TC...... I tend to set the TC wattage about 10% higher than I use for same setup in VW mode.... on my Pico with AF firmware I prefer TCR of about 70-80 with SS.... over a TFR or Regular TC profile.

Current coil is 26ss at .6 running at 25watts in TC. VW is set to 17.4 watts but power curve starts at 150% reducing to 90% over 3 seconds.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
The above links worked for me by pressing Refresh page so that time and effort hasn't been lost. Nickel was popular in the earlier mods when I started, nickel has a higher temp coefficient and was easier to use, I tried a few times but never got those units to work with SS in temp mode so I stuck with the nickel because it worked in temp mode. I have two newer mods and am using SS coils in them so staying up to date is worth while.
You might be better off staying with the coil that comes with the mod, but if you like you can give the Arctic a try since it shouldn't hurt any thing.

Reactions: listopencil

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
The above links worked for me by pressing Refresh page so that time and effort hasn't been lost. Nickel was popular in the earlier mods when I started, nickel has a higher temp coefficient and was easier to use, I tried a few times but never got those units to work with SS in temp mode so I stuck with the nickel because it worked in temp mode. I have two newer mods and am using SS coils in them so staying up to date is worth while.
You might be better off staying with the coil that comes with the mod, but if you like you can give the Arctic a try since it shouldn't hurt any thing.

Just an update: I bought the pipe alone without the tank that normally comes with it. The deal with that original Fuchai is that it doesn't do SS. Only Kanthal (Wattage) and nickel or titanium (TC). I had that Arctic laying around and I had been using it for higher Wattage. I tried a nickel coil in it on my Fuchai and liked it, but the Fuchai uses all available Wattage to heat it up until it hits your target. That tank works very well on the Elitar Pipe mod. I'm happy with it. I set it to right around 25W and it feels very pipe-ish. Thank you for all the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread